lost P3A thnks to Litchi

i was using Autopilot, last week i´ve purchased litchi.
first attempt goes to the other way.
second attempt. tracking mode it decided to make a 180 degrees turn and then he goes to a front wall of a house.
hopefully nothing happens, but i don´t trust this app it will cost me a lot if i loose my bird
upload_2016-11-7_14-2-20.png

Reactions: Neon Euc
Litchi tracking does have issues still, but all other features work very well.

Litchi tracking does have issues still, but all other features work very well.
Litchi tracking wont ever, and cant be, anywhere near as good as the P4 (and presumably MAVIC) on earlier phantoms- they lack the Movidius SOC that provides for the magic.

The AC should stop and hover when it looses lock on the subject however. Flying towards the house doesn't make sense and is of great concern (in the absence of an explanation).

OMG litchi did muck up and I have proof. It's hard to see on this pic as I had to take a pic of the screen as when I screen shot it forwards the video. Anyway at way point 19 it should be 400 feet
3eaf423306ceed0ef12f45e3e871981f.jpg

Instead it stops... And alters altitude. This is a massive bug. And it was down to litchi. Here is a pic I took from the laptop. It is bad but you can tell it more then 400 feet

19b479743a61607e1bbfdb5abc1d12aa.jpg

Also my footage is recorded twice. On the memory card. That's a bit odd. Do you think that's worth me to exchange it? Or was it to do with battery dying it out as it may have over written it

Sent from my Power using PhantomPilots mobile app

Also.... I looked at the footage. It landed in someone garden.. He picked it up, went in the house and put it on the wall. This person should still get a reward for he's honesty in letting me get it. I didn't see it the first time around as I was looking in driveways, but he actually put it on a wall.... I walked past that wall so many times lol wish he phoned as my number was on the outside of the drone lol. But still.... Not every day you get a drone landing in your garden so I do expect the "WTF" moment lol. But I can honestly say it was litchi that screwed up. I will make my video and show you guys how it went wrong with the app

Reactions: Digdat0
OMG litchi did muck up and I have proof. It's hard to see on this pic as I had to take a pic of the screen as when I screen shot it forwards the video. Anyway at way point 19 it should be 400 feet
3eaf423306ceed0ef12f45e3e871981f.jpg

Instead it stops... And alters altitude. This is a massive bug. And it was down to litchi. Here is a pic I took from the laptop. It is bad but you can tell it more then 400 feet

19b479743a61607e1bbfdb5abc1d12aa.jpg

Also my footage is recorded twice. On the memory card. That's a bit odd. Do you think that's worth me to exchange it? Or was it to do with battery dying it out as it may have over written it

I don't believe you have identified a Litchi issue in your further investigations. The aircraft climbed as RTH was initiated. Things went pear shaped for you when you flicked the switch out of F mode cancelling the Litchi mission and didn't understand how to bring your AC home manually.

You may derive significant benefit from heading out to a quiet area away from suburbia and practicing flying in GO, getting out a reasonable distance and using your map and controls to fly back.

With respect, your earlier comment that you got confused and couldn't remember which sticks controlled altitude and direction suggests you may want to put litchi, or for that matter any autonomous flights on hold for a little bit while you familiarize yourself with the performance of the AC and develop your skills. When all is well the AC will fly to the last waypoint in a litchi mission however, while rare, you may loose GPS or have other circumstances where you need to take control.

400ft should be 400ft......it would be nice to know what's up with that. There will be no recommendations until we know what happen.

Edit: I have not followed this thread prior to posting.

400ft should be 400ft......it would be nice to know what's up with that. There will be no recommendations until we know what happen.
I think we are there Frank. Log shoes RTH commanded. The OP should be able to give comfort by connecting the AC in the GO app and confirming the RTH height set. My money is on 400m. Would appreciate your looking at the log however given your experience.

Congrats on getting it back that is truly awesome! But, I knew as soon as I saw the title to the thread that it was operator error. Not picking on you but you really should practice with VLOS WP missions testing out the different settings and safety features before diving head first into a 2 foot pond off a 100 foot building.

Being in the UK I am pretty confident you have the settings set to metric rather than imperial which would make the RTH in meters not feet.

By the way nice looking sticker set on your P3A.

Congrats on getting it back that is truly awesome! But, I knew as soon as I saw the title to the thread that it was operator error. Not picking on you but you really should practice with VLOS WP missions testing out the different settings and safety features before diving head first into a 2 foot pond off a 100 foot building.

Being in the UK I am pretty confident you have the settings set to metric rather than imperial which would make the RTH in meters not feet.

By the way nice looking sticker set on your P3A.
RTH altitude can only be set in meters.

Tell that to my version of Litchi.
948c7548-539b-4bff-a32c-7edf1306dece_zpshqs2vtuw.jpg
Interesting. I changed my units to imperial in Litchi and RTH altitude was still clearly metres, must be an Android/iOS version issue.

Can you enter a value greater than 400? When you connect the AC to GO app does the Metric value depicted for RTH altitude translate to feet?

GO app is metres only. Litchi must convert feet to metres before uploading to AC through SDK.

Yes I believe it is a Android only thing.
Interesting. I changed my units to imperial in Litchi and RTH altitude was still clearly metres, must be an Android/iOS version issue.

Can you enter a value greater than 400? When you connect the AC to GO app does the Metric value depicted for RTH altitude translate to feet?

GO app is metres only. Litchi must convert feet to metres before uploading to AC through SDK.

greater than 400 feet or meters?

If litchi tracking does have issues they may be put this to try with a warning.
Ive almost lost my p3
It's not a cheap toy to try, I've paid almost 30 bucks but I don't trust
I prefer Autopilot, I have many missions [emoji106]
I deceived for litchi just for tracking an VR

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Thanks for the replies everyone. I just made a video which shows what happened. hope you guys enjoy :)

Wow that could have ended much different. P3A on Ebay for $200 could have been the outcome. Honest kind person you landed next to.

That was not higher that 400m? You mean feet?

Thanks for the replies everyone. I just made a video which shows what happened. hope you guys enjoy :)

you forgot to include the fact that you hit RTH and also stating it went higher than 400M is false.

Ok folks, I just opened Go to check what it read out in on RTH and it was as we already knew it was in meters but after closing it and forcing it closed with a tasks killer I opened Litchi.

I was still in imperial as a general setting but when I went into AC settings to check RTH it was in meters. I had to change the setting in General to metric and then back to Imperial to get it back to feet.

Ok folks, I just opened Go to check what it read out in on RTH and it was as we already knew it was in meters but after closing it and forcing it closed with a tasks killer I opened Litchi.

I was still in imperial as a general setting but when I went into AC settings to check RTH it was in meters. I had to change the setting in General to metric and then back to Imperial to get it back to feet.
Thank you for checking this out.

Is it displaying the height in feet accurately (in litchi)?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94