lost P3A thnks to Litchi

Reaction score
Thanks a lot litchi, you lost my brand new P3A with only 5 flights or so. this is what happened.

1) took about 8 attempts to get the way point mission working
2) it is a 6 min flight and it came home no problem
3) put in new battery 100% charged and waypoint started straight away doing same 6 min mission
4) 15 minutes later drone comes back and its at 1300 feet AND JUST HOVERING !!! it was set to 400 feet max
5) saw the bird go down slowly and checked the camera as it had footage
6) last footage was of it on a pavement with a car tyre so I know it landed safely
7) 3 hours of walking down the street and nearby streets, driveways, etc..... no sign of it

really really p!ssed off with litchi as yesterday it decided to RTH at 35% battery left despite it being set to 30%

have no idea what to do now. my contact number is on stickers on both sides so its up to the public to be honest and also claim a reward. just angry as I had it for a few days costing £650 and I have yet still got to make my first monthy payment on it.

I will put posters around the area with a reward, what I would like to know is if someone links a new controller to it, will I still get the automatic healthy drones log sync to my computer or will that all change if they download the DJI GO/Litchi app and create a new account?

I included a few log files, one from litchi (which I cant understand) and one from healthy drones. sorry about the rant, but so so angry.

I cant upload the file so I will have to copy and paste, so sorry for that

Reactions: Mark Faircloth
Thanks a lot litchi, you lost my brand new P3A with only 5 flights or so. this is what happened.

1) took about 8 attempts to get the way point mission working
2) it is a 6 min flight and it came home no problem
3) put in new battery 100% charged and waypoint started straight away doing same 6 min mission
4) 15 minutes later drone comes back and its at 1300 feet AND JUST HOVERING !!! it was set to 400 feet max
5) saw the bird go down slowly and checked the camera as it had footage
6) last footage was of it on a pavement with a car tyre so I know it landed safely
7) 3 hours of walking down the street and nearby streets, driveways, etc..... no sign of it

really really p!ssed off with litchi as yesterday it decided to RTH at 35% battery left despite it being set to 30%

have no idea what to do now. my contact number is on stickers on both sides so its up to the public to be honest and also claim a reward. just angry as I had it for a few days costing £650 and I have yet still got to make my first monthy payment on it.

I will put posters around the area with a reward, what I would like to know is if someone links a new controller to it, will I still get the automatic healthy drones log sync to my computer or will that all change if they download the DJI GO/Litchi app and create a new account?

I included a few log files, one from litchi (which I cant understand) and one from healthy drones. sorry about the rant, but so so angry.

I cant upload the file so I will have to copy and paste, so sorry for that
sorry to hear about this. was the drone still showing on the screen. It's just like a homing beacon. walking to it. I've done it a few times. Just keep the controller on and as long as the battery is good and the drone have GPS lock.

Ouch. As the drone is registered will it fly for another controller. My P3A arrives tomorrow. Guess I will not be trying this app.

Sent from my D5803 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Hopefully you will at least read the manual and learn all you can. Btw, if you followed this thread you will see he made the mistake in thinking he was entering a setting in feet, when it was actually in meters. On top of that, there is nothing that eats the battery more then climbing in altitude. And if you are worried, there is a setting that you can set the aircraft's height limit. You may find that out when reading the manual.

Yes I will read the manual thanks. I did read the post. Even if it was set to 400ft what would happen then? Is that a rth height? The issue was battery drainage due to parameters being set too high?

Sent from my D5803 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: Neon Euc
I don't think it was Litchi's fault as I use it continually and have no issues as long as you set it correctly and check missions CAREFULLY. Healthy drones keeps records of where it's been. Look at that flight in healthy drones. Its last point is where you need to knock on doors and ask questions.

Thanks for all the replies. I meant that I set it at 400 feet and it climbed to 1300 feet. It's never done that before. Also I had issues today as in mid air the controller was bleeping like mad. Found out that it meant the sticks needed recalibrating and this was in mid flight. So not sure if that's an issue. Just hope that someone is kind enough to call me.

Sent from my Power using PhantomPilots mobile app

I am very sorry you lost (hopefully temporarily) your Phantom. Locate last known location of it and post flyers everywhere with promise of reward. Might be worth it.

All the more reason I am glad to be a part of this forum. I have a P3P with 140 flights and 19 hours 11 minutes of flight time. I too am new Litchi, about a week now. I ran a couple of very short test missions just to make sure I knew what I was doing. Then created a 3 mile 11 minute mission and kept having trouble getting it to load. I will be even more careful now. My other hobby of the last 20 years taught me how to plan for enough battery to get back, I've done the same with air as a diver, only my life depended on that ;) Hope you get your bird back!

Oh, I feel you pain. Lost my drone last week, put up flyers and had a call with the drone returned within the hour. I am hoping you get your bird back.

Be careful dissing Litchi :) she's my girl.

NoCo Drones

Someone point me in the direction of where i can read about what the heck is Litchi? Thanks.
You could start here: Litchi for DJI Phantom/Inspire

Litchi is a very good, well tested app that provides some additional features that aren't in the DJI Go app.
Users should always be completely familiar with Phantom operation before moving on to Litchi.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers