lost P3A thnks to Litchi

I am so joyous you got it back. That made my day!!

Cancelling RTH is just that. You can press it again to initiate another RTH signal

Reactions: Neon Euc
Toggling from F to P or the dreaded Center position will cancell any mission and you need to either load one again or manually fly

just imagine- a drone that could be controlled by praying....
Praise the lord for that one [emoji6]

I will have to say night night/morning

It's 8am here and I think I need to go to bed now lol. Been the longest day I ever had lol. Wondering if I should risk that flight again. Done it twice before but I'm guessing it was the wind that pushed it back this time to slow it down.

Sent from my Power using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: GrammatonxXXxCleric
0e9463773d65a5266928a066d4d51244.jpg

Yep... Problem solved I think. Right at 13 mins the wind really picked up, more then the previous flight. I'm guessing this is what did it to make it seem like it wasn't moving on the map. What do you guys think?

Yep! thats what happened according to the wind speed map. I wont fly if gusts over 18 sustained over 11 for pretty much all... would fly close by manually, but not far.

You'll also find winds can increase the higher it is. Flying lower might not have been caught in the wind river. (below 250 ft would change that)

I have found if its flying below RTH set alt. it will rise up to it, if its flying above RTH set alt it will decend down to it

That's not true. If flying below RTH height it will climb up and return to home at the pre-set altitude. If flying above the RTH altitude, it will continue at that height. It will not descend to the pre set height.

I have found if its flying below RTH set alt. it will rise up to it, if its flying above RTH set alt it will decend down to it

I've tested this many times and unless my system is flawed the aircraft will ascend if you're below the RTH height but if you are above it already it does NOT descend. It simply returns at that altitude until over the home point and then descends.

Oh, I thought that was the whole point of the RTH preset so it will raise or lower to that height then go home

Ascend yes descend no. It's basically picking the highest point of the two (current altitude vs RTH altitude) which "should" be safest.

0e9463773d65a5266928a066d4d51244.jpg

Yep... Problem solved I think. Right at 13 mins the wind really picked up, more then the previous flight. I'm guessing this is what did it to make it seem like it wasn't moving on the map. What do you guys think?

Well done for getting it back next time set your RTH 121 metres 398ft height and slap on a GPS tracker onto your drone.

I've tested this many times and unless my system is flawed the aircraft will ascend if you're below the RTH height but if you are above it already it does NOT descend. It simply returns at that altitude until over the home point and then descends.

Ascend yes descend no. It's basically picking the highest point of the two (current altitude vs RTH altitude) which "should" be safest.
I've never tested to see if it descends to the RTH height, I just assumed that it would NOT descend to RTH height since the manual says it will ascend if below but not descend if flying above the pre-set RTH height. Your testing confirms this. Your system is not flawed.

Neon, glad you found that bad little Phantom. I hope you gave her a stern talking to after all the worry she caused you!

It's not the app !!! One word of advice though, before using this app or any other 3rd party app become familiar with your aircraft in every aspect, learn the way it maneuvers, the speed it is capable of flying, manual control "just in case". Then move on from the DJI Go App. Your AC will thank you for it !!

It's not the app !!! One word of advice though, before using this app or any other 3rd party app become familiar with your aircraft in every aspect, learn the way it maneuvers, the speed it is capable of flying, manual control "just in case". Then move on from the DJI Go App. Your AC will thank you for it !!
Good advice. I often practice bringing the AC back in ATTI mode, just in case. It's not that easy but a LOT easier that bringing back a fixed wing without any form of telemetry, thats for sure....

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnndyManuka