LOST MY PRO 3 HOURS AGO: ANY HELP WITH LOG PLEASE

Reaction score
Very unhappy camper here!!! Just had a fly away. Don't understand why?????? Close to home only went out 1500mtrs with full signal!!! Go app went blank saying lost signal didn't understand why but thought ok keep cool she'll be back in 5. But I didn't here that faithful hum like I normally have in this situation.

Just got back from walking through thick scrub at roughly the last point I can see on map. No joy :-(

If anyone could look at log below and shed some light on the cause or even a location I should search I would be most grateful.

Very sad day. Is a warranty claim possible in this circumstance?

Thanks

https://healthydrones.com/main?f ... 2e2ce294b0380918b19

Strange; it shows your flight ending at ~1640 feet (max. altitude) but with 15+ satellites... No strange errors or notifications either... Not sure what happened. Wait for the log gurus to analyze it, and also upload to Msinger's log viewer over at PhantomHelp

Im sure I didn't initiate landing sequence and I was at max altitude to clear the tree tops easily. Still absolutely baffled!

Strange; it shows your flight ending at ~1640 feet (max. altitude) but with 15+ satellites... No strange errors or notifications either... Not sure what happened. Wait for the log gurus to analyze it, and also upload to Msinger's log viewer over at PhantomHelp
Thanks mate will do

Very unhappy camper here!!! Just had a fly away. Don't understand why?????? Close to home only went out 1500mtrs with full signal!!! Go app went blank saying lost signal didn't understand why but thought ok keep cool she'll be back in 5. But I didn't here that faithful hum like I normally have in this situation.
Just got back from walking through thick scrub at roughly the last point I can see on map. No joy :-(
If anyone could look at log below and shed some light on the cause or even a location I should search I would be most grateful.
Unfortunately HealthyDrones only gives a basic summary and not much info to go by.
Go to DJI Phantom Accessories & Tips - Phantom Help
Follow the instructions to upload your flight record.

Come back and post a link to the report it provides and some of the experienced people here might be able to analyse it and give you an understanding of the cause of the incident and perhaps point you to a likely area to search for the Phantom.

am not an expert here, but in my opinion, based on the!log and an elevation map, you might have hit the treetops at the top of that mtn you went over. The mtn sits at 500 m....depending on how high the trees are, you would have been very close to the birds limits. I would be looking right over that crest. Others who are on here, and can analyze these, will be able to tell you for sure based on other factors\readings they can view from the other viewer. Good luck!

I've looked at this for a while and haven't come up with much but it might be a start for someone else to work on.
The flight record that I could download through HealthyDrones doesn't give any clues.
It just shows a healthy flight that just stops up in the air.
Your Phantom had flown over higher land (425m) where it crossed the ridge, than any on the RTH path
It was well above the terrain and if it went to RTH it should have been able to clear the hills by about 100 metres.

Google Earth shows the bare terrain height without trees.
What is the vegetation there?
Is it tall mountain ash forest?

The line of sight from the controller to the Phantom (invisible in this image - draw a line from home to 500 m) looks like it is very close to the ridge line and it's possible that with tree height added, this was enough to block the line of sight and lose signal.
If the Phantom lost control signal, should have initiated RTH after 3 seconds.
But perhaps this was just a loss of video signal, in which case the Phantom would have hovered waiting for your control.
If so the RTH button would have been able to bring it back.
Eventually failsafe should have initiated RTH and I think it's unlikely that it would have crashed on the way home because of its altitude.

i-4Tn59tS-X3.jpg

Thanks for your help! Height was definitely not a problem as this is my backyard and have flown around those hills many times getting sunrise shots and vid. 500mtrs is clear of the treeline.

If you want help ....
Go to DJI Phantom Accessories & Tips - Phantom Help
Follow the instructions to upload your flight record.

Come back and post a link to the report it provides and some of the experienced people here might be able to analyse it and give you an understanding of the cause of the incident and perhaps point you to a likely area to search for the Phantom.
Hey Meta4 im not sure which program to use on that site?

Hey Meta4 im not sure which program to use on that site?
Sorry .. it looks like there's something wrong with that site today ... the link tries to open but goes back to their front page
I got most of the info anyway but it would be good to see the full flight data that it provides for some more clues maybe.

When you pressed RTH, did it give you the beep, beep, beep confirmation?
Have you used RTH before ... do you know how to use the button (press and hold until it beeps)?

Yes RC beep beep. Used RTH a few times and are familiar with it. At first I receive a message on GO app saying signal lost RTH or cancel and ofcourse I hit RTH. But after about five minutes of not hearing bird coming that's when I started freaking a bit and hit RTH button on RC and yes got the beep and flashing ring around button. The bird was at most five minutes away. Still had between 12 to 15 minutes flight time. Still very baffled and very pissed. Lot of money to lose! Thanks for your help!

RTH height at 100mtrs. But because it was already at 500mtrs it shouldn't have dropped b4 returning but stayed at 500 and came home.

Wow, I think the wind took it away from you the same direction as your end of flight. When it would of lost your remote signal it would have tried to come back in straight line to you. It was holding elevation fine. Its going to be farther south east maybe 25% farther? Since it would have been trying to come back about -30 mph and would have landed when it ran out of power.

Added:
Is this brush or trees (how tall is the vegetation)?

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl