Drone lost after signal lost... What can i do ?

Well guys i want to thank everyone for your support and especially Meta4, i have been in the area circled and found it ! After going threw video footage it was actually coming home but was 2 or 3 meters sort to make it over the mountain so it banged the top of three, turned around and crashed. God i never thought i would find it again thank you so much! I have charged all batteries, changed propellers cause i didn't want to take any risks since they looked a bit scratched, and went for a test flight to see if everything was ok, everything works just fine apart from the gimbal who doesn't stabilize anymore, video works, settings, rolling up and down camera, it stays straight but just is shaky like hand held. I'm gonna send it back to the reseller i bought it to but do you guys have any idea of how much it would cost and if i will have to change the whole gimbal and camera for approx 600$€£ ?
Anyway i have learned my lesson, never fly behind any high obstacle ever again, and i'm getting a gps tracker and maybe even this ballon i saw that brings drone back up water level if it goes down ^^

Attachments

• 12510638_10205426602401448_1412274940_o.jpg
    12510638_10205426602401448_1412274940_o.jpg
    211 KB · Views: 853
You might want to wait on the baloon. It does not work very well. In deeper water the pressure is too much and compressed the air.

Reactions: Ciaran Motel
Well guys i want to thank everyone for your support and especially Meta4, i have been in the area circled and found it !
Ciaran That's a great result ... good to hear .. sounds like it almost made it home.
Like all Phantom accidents, you get to learn a lot for next time.
Happy future flying

Wow. This was like a soap opera. Very entertaining and the expertise here really helped you decipher what happened to give you the best chance of finding it. Well done everyone!

Good end result. My father used to say, "If you don't make mistakes you're not doing anything, but if you make the same mistake twice, you're not learning anything." Seems as though you had a learning experience.

Reactions: Monte Olsen
Did you check for debris in the gimbal? Damaged ribbon cable? I don't think that's a huge repair if it's mainly intact

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Yes!!!! Great news. Good to see it did exactly what it was supposed to do. I would increase your rth altitude if I were you. Your girlfriend must be happy also.

Well guys i want to thank everyone for your support and especially Meta4, i have been in the area circled and found it !
Farkin-A, BTW, Who is that ugly guy in the photo?
Glad you found it!
Your avatar should be your photo!

Last edited:
Did you check for debris in the gimbal? Damaged ribbon cable? I don't think that's a huge repair if it's mainly intact

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
I'm new into drones and don't want to take the risk to damage it so i'm sending it back monday to shop i bought it, i hope you are right !

Good end result. My father used to say, "If you don't make mistakes you're not doing anything, but if you make the same mistake twice, you're not learning anything." Seems as though you had a learning experience.
Agreed... Or better still, if you make the same mistake twice - it's a decision!
Great news on the recovery, and hats off to Meta4.. One of the most helpful people on this forum IMO.

I've never initiated RTH at a lower altitude than what I set in the app. Is it like the P2 on a waypoint mission where it immediately starts out to Home Point in a straight line while climbing or does it fly straight up and then go home?

They fly straight up or if above they stay at the same elevation. They land straight down. Same as my P2.
There was a post that the guy had a low battery when he was testing something on his deck. RTH kicked in and went straight up into a tree over his deck. That would be a typical Monday for me.

Last edited:
Reactions: Monte Olsen
Thanks, that's good to know and makes sense. With the P2 and waypoints I used to set the first one over my head, as I found out the hard way she headed directly to the first point while climbing. Had a tree right in the path and cancelled just in time to take over manual control.

A happy ending! Glad you found your bird. :)

Well guys i want to thank everyone for your support and especially Meta4, i have been in the area circled and found it ! After going threw video footage it was actually coming home but was 2 or 3 meters sort to make it over the mountain so it banged the top of three, turned around and crashed. God i never thought i would find it again thank you so much! I have charged all batteries, changed propellers cause i didn't want to take any risks since they looked a bit scratched, and went for a test flight to see if everything was ok, everything works just fine apart from the gimbal who doesn't stabilize anymore, video works, settings, rolling up and down camera, it stays straight but just is shaky like hand held. I'm gonna send it back to the reseller i bought it to but do you guys have any idea of how much it would cost and if i will have to change the whole gimbal and camera for approx 600$€£ ?
Anyway i have learned my lesson, never fly behind any high obstacle ever again, and i'm getting a gps tracker and maybe even this ballon i saw that brings drone back up water level if it goes down ^^

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers