Drone lost after signal lost... What can i do ?

Thankfully I did find it.
That is a very creative idea with writing your name and number on the preppellers, I think I'll start doing that.

A couple of others, leaving a text file, if found, etc on your sd card. I use a permanent marker with an email on the bottom of the propellers. If it crashes and you can't see it, a propeller could be laying on the ground. I use an email instead of a phone number, I don't want some turd calling me at 4:00 am as a joke. or maybe writing my phone number on bathroom stalls. I also use a Marco-Polo tracker. I have thought about using some reflective tape (non metallic) or a glow in the dark substance, paint, to look for it at dusk or after dark.

Rod

A couple of others, leaving a text file, if found, etc on your sd card. I use a permanent marker with an email on the bottom of the propellers. If it crashes and you can't see it, a propeller could be laying on the ground. I use an email instead of a phone number, I don't want some turd calling me at 4:00 am as a joke. or maybe writing my phone number on bathroom stalls. I also use a Marco-Polo tracker. I have thought about using some reflective tape (non metallic) or a glow in the dark substance, paint, to look for it at dusk or after dark.

Rod

@RodPad,
Did you used to put your phone # on them?
Because I did see your # on a bathroom stall.[emoji15]

@RodPad,
Did you used to put your phone # on them?
Because I did see your # on a bathroom stall.[emoji15]
No, you must have been confused, you were looking at your phone number. :D

So there is two people that mess with me, that use the DULL Phantom Pilots Icon for their avatar, hum, I think I will ask administration, If I or we can put our own photo with the "Donkey's" :D

Rod :)

Hello to everyone,
I have been reading a lot of threads but apparently no one has encountered my problem so here we go...
It has been three days since my brand new phantom 3 arrived and after 5 flights, decided to go to this nice lake in the south of France where i live. Before taking off, as usual calibrated, had 100% battery, a lot of gps, high signal, everything to ensure a wonderful flight like i had during the past three days. After following a group of rowers and about to turn around at end of lake, signal lost, everything lost, connection between remote and aircraft, just after 3 minuts flight, nothing responding, tryed to iniate the return to home on controller but with red light on i assume this didn't even affect the drone, so after waiting ten minuts, and trying to move back torwards me never saw the drone, so i thought it might be idle in the air and since i was over water took my car and rushed to a spot just 200 meters away from where it was last and still no signal and nothing. Rushed back to the " home not sweet home" point where i waited for another 20 minuts just in case drone would have came back, and at this point was almost in tears and shaky. My girlfriend crying, we decided to take car and go in the woods to the last seen position, and until the sun went down, looked threw every bush every tree and didn't find it :'( . I had saved up for two years to get a drone and this was y late christmas present, i feel terrible and don't understand what happened. I contacted DJI and still no answer, i sendt them the flight log and screenshots i am desperate, can you guys tell me if i have chance to get refund ? I also checked i was authorized to fly in that precise location... Thanks a lot

Hey men I need your help! i lost my phantom 2 vision plus like 5 hours ago, how you did to find the coordinates or the log of the last position, i walk for 4 hours in the wood and nothing, im crazy now what i can do? help me! thanks!

Ciaran That's a great result ... good to hear .. sounds like it almost made it home.
Like all Phantom accidents, you get to learn a lot for next time.
Happy future flying

some one know if i lost the signal with my phantom 2 vision plus, i dont know if i set the home point, or the gps correctly but the worse scenario after i lost the signal it stay at the same high just stable? or go down and try to go back, or go back in the same high and the go down, i just lost my drone today after 4 hours didnt find it but ill go every day to find it, any help?

Rod
first thank you for taking interest,
I did not give up, i was able to find the drone which is P3S. When it all happened that night and before the battery was completely gone on the drone, i got in my car and was driving the direction i lost it, i was able to make connection with it and see that the distance from home was 6430 feet. After spending the next day looking for it with no luck, i found this website that i measure distance with on the map www.freemaptools.com/measure-distance.htm
I marked it on the map from my home point and was able to go to the approximate location and find the drone.

i just lost my drone... how you find the distance that your drone should be, or the log of the last conection or something? thanks!

some one know if i lost the signal with my phantom 2 vision plus, i dont know if i set the home point, or the gps correctly but the worse scenario after i lost the signal it stay at the same high just stable? or go down and try to go back, or go back in the same high and the go down, i just lost my drone today after 4 hours didnt find it but ill go every day to find it, any help?
Unfortunately the app for the 2V+ doesn't record flight data like the P3 & P4.
Your app will show you the last point where you had contact but that's about it.
If you lost signal because you flew behind an obstacle, use Google Earth and draw a line from your home point to the last contact and check the height of terrain + trees along the line.
If any is higher than your RTH height was set, that's the place to search.

Ok but at the moment that I lost it... for example if it was 100ft higher... it will try to go back the same high and them go down... or it go down and the try to reach the point? Thanks!

@saraivac

Welcome to the Forum!

Yeah it really sucks, I lost my first drone P2V+ July 26th 2015, have never found it. I will still go back and look so more but takes a lot of gas and time just to get to the search location. Because of snow Its open from about June to November. This winter was really nasty, I hear the road washed out and only foot traffic or a bike can get through because the rest of the road is now gone. They may never fix it.

My wife and I mistakenly looked about 2 hours where it was last shown on the mobile device. The next day looking at maps, I determined that
location was wrong, because I remembered when it lost signal and I still continued to fly, I was recording and could still see it and was continuing to fly my original thought make a loop and come back over my head. If my video didn't come back, I was just going to land it and start over.

It just seem to keep getting farther away. It then disapeared and I could hear, it must be stuck in a tree. With friends over 40 hours looking for it. What I believe happened was the wind must have been stronger over the valley, I don't remember it being very windy, I sure I was only up about 75' - 100' above my head.

To help you out, could wind took it away?

I also focused my search in areas where the trees would have caught it if I had kept the same elevation I started at.

RTH will first rise to your preset elevation, then come back to the Home Position then land. If your home position was saved, compass and your Phantom GPS is working.

If the RTH is lower than your elevation it will stay at that same elevation return to the home point then land.

I can't find it in the manual is there a hover option on P2V+ ? I only used the RTH mode.

Let us know,

Rod

3 hours yesterday and 3 hours today, yes i remember the wind was like 15km/h and i was flying pushing it a littler be, but if when i lost the signal it it stay at the same level the wind thought it probably 1 km away, if the RTH mode doesn't work automatic , i read that it just start to go down in that point, but im not sure.... i just lost the signal and ran like crazy trying to find signal that it... let see, every day after work ill try... thanks for the answers!

saraivac
When I lost mine, I spent all night looking for it but had no luck. then, I remembered seeing the distance away from my home location at 4258 feet. I found a map on the internet thet let me measure the distance of a straight line from my home location. When I went back to look for it it was exactly where the map showed. Do you recall the exact distance away from your location when you lost the signal. if so here is a link to the map I used, maybe it will help you.
Good luck
Measure Distance on a Map

saraivac
When I lost mine, I spent all night looking for it but had no luck. then, I remembered seeing the distance away from my home location at 4258 feet. I found a map on the internet thet let me measure the distance of a straight line from my home location. When I went back to look for it it was exactly where the map showed. Do you recall the exact distance away from your location when you lost the signal. if so here is a link to the map I used, maybe it will help you.
Good luck
Measure Distance on a Map

But here you found that distance? Is any way to acces to the remote and find something there, I when exactly where it's show in find my phantom and nothing

I don't think there is a way to get it from your remote. I just happened to see it on my app before I lost the signal.
The only thing I can think of that might help you would be the flight list on the DJI app, if it recorded the flight!!

I don't think there is a way to get it from your remote. I just happened to see it on my app before I lost the signal.
The only thing I can think of that might help you would be the flight list on the DJI app, if it recorded the flight!!
Do you have a P3 or P2?

Rod

Thought so, he posted in a P3A/P thread, he has P2V+.
I don't think he can retrieve the information you are referring to, I didn't have my P2V+ long enough to be certain.
Maybe somebody can clarify this for all of us. ;)

Rod

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4