Lost Drone with FAA numbers on it.

Oops. I was flying at 300 ft. Not 30. And he may have a really good security system with motion detectors, which may .......or may not interfere with the Cheerson cx20. My p3a and my FC40 do fine. I'm going to try out my Walkera Qrx 350pro as soon as this crazy wind dies down. I think it has the same APM as a Cheerson. But I'll be close enough to retrieve it just in case.

Lets keep this to the OP''s situation. So speculation of jammers, their legality, etc are off topic. I'm sure you guys know where Im going with this. ;)

Here is something to take your mind of of jammers... mmmmm, bacon!
d4c7f0b9f6b65a1c63107aabb043628dd6d6e58691d41449168de3db3b29ba71_1.gif

Reactions: dirkclod
Sure but the topic of the jammer was brought up because the OP suggested getting another bird to find his last one. That's all good when searching treetops but over an angry neighbor who doesn't like you it could save him headache. It was relevant to the thread.

Good luck finding your property.

Parphrasing the inimitable words of Obewon Kanobi, "This isn't the drone you're looking for.... move along." It's gone, end of story. LEO's won't touch it unless you have proof he has it because at this point it's your word against his. If somehow you think he's using county equipment to grade his property (and IF he still has this alleged county equipment in his possession) then using another old term... drop a dime on him anonymously and get on with your life. Sorry, this is what happens when you fly at night.

Agreed.... you need a reasonable basis to allege he has your property before LE will act or to support any prospects you may have of successful litigation. Even if he outright said he had it or destroyed it he can easily change his story.
Turn your phone on "record" when you talk to him.

@Mr DroneNut, how certain are you that he is really using tax-payer funded equipment to clear private land? If that is more than a hunch, I would immediately gather as much evidence (as safely as possible), create a nice YT video (either private or unlisted), and clearly explain what you suspect or can prove.

ETA: Get vehicle numbers off the grading equipment, call the city/county and find out if they belong to them. Ask whether there is any contracted work at the site. Don't know if it's possible to get the numbers without physically setting foot on his property or flying over/close.

Then, make contact with the guy again - either in face, on the phone, or via email. Make it abundantly clear what you suspect, and that given such suspicions you are highly motivated to provide said YT link to the media for further investigation - unless he immediately returns your property to you. Give him 24 hours to respond. No response, follow through with your threat and submit it to the media. Make sure than any support from the media is contingent on them not obtaining (or revealing) your identity.

If it has legs, they'll pursue. Grab a bowl of popcorn, and enjoy the show.

Makes no differnce.... saying he said he had it when he didnt say he had it is still a false statement.

I understand and respect your intent in offering the advice but i wouldnt like to see the OP end up in strife.

Providing false information knowingly with intent to police can have serious consequences.
Unless he has solid physical evident, otherwise he will get in more troubles than a lost quad.

Lets keep this to the OP''s situation. So speculation of jammers, their legality, etc are off topic. I'm sure you guys know where Im going with this. ;)
Here is something to take your mind of of jammers... mmmmm, bacon!

I have a pet pig. I find your post insanely insensitive and offensive
pig_c_t640.jpg

:D

My professional advice
DC and H.jpg
.....your CX-20 is gone!

I can top that, I've also got several CX-20's besides my Phantoms. Like you, I also like the late night - wee hour of the morning flying. Nothing like seeing those lights zing around in the night sky. I took my latest CX-20 out for it's maiden flight, cool. Away it went....and went....and went....and went... getting smaller and smaller till I couldn't see any of those neat green and red lights in the night sky anymore. Nothing could turn it back. Luckily I had a brand new Marco Polo RC tracker on it. Uh......wait.....I forgot to turn it on! Oh well.....never to be seen again

This same thing happened to someone last year in Florida I believe, he was flying a P3 and had the video cache turned on and the video recorded the older couple picking up his quad and carrying it to their room. He called the police and the police forced them to give it back and left it up to him to press charges or not and he decided not to press. Ill see if I can find the post. If you have any evidence that they have it, you can get a LEO to help you get it back. I know the Cheerson does not have the same tech as the P3 but there has to be something you could use.

I remember that thread.

it showed gps location and he could see video in the folks apartment and stated exactly where it was to police.

convinced me to end up with a p3 vs my p2 plus....

Reactions: Sinisalo
Make an ad on Craigslist to sell the remote control transmitter and see if he takes the bait. If he truly did keep the quad he's probably wanting to fly it. If not then your cheerson is probably at the bottom of the lake or buried under couple tons of gravel and dirt. Not so cheery anymore eh...

My local hobby shop owner told me a warning because a rancher put up netting on BLM land in the forest and caught a brand new blade chroma and then smashed it to pieces until the lights turned off. That's what most not electronically inclined people do, smash smash smash. It's the modus operandi. Smarter ones try and pawn, eBay or Craigslist.

So it would be wise to check pawn shops, eBay, and Craigslist. And if you have some swim trunks try the bottom of lake cheerson.

Cheers,
Chris

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl