Lost Drone with FAA numbers on it.

Reaction score
One of the greatest joys of owning and flying a quad, is , for me anyway, going outside about 1 or 2 am on a clear night and flying at a good distance and watching the lights and how the quad responds to various winds and atmospheric pressure. About a week ago I was flying my "other quad",a Cheerson cx20, and accidentally flew to close to high tension lines. I was several hundred feet above it but I found from previous experiences that the cheerson cx20 is sensitive to outside influence's, like high tension lines. I hit RTE and it would come about halfway back and then circle back and repeat the process until I saw the lights flash showing me the dreaded auto land. I saw her come down approximately a quarter mile away. When I got up the next morning I flew my p3a over the area I suspected it came down in. It was over a pond and at a construction area where they are building a new house. I went to the owner and asked permission to search the area and was meet with a very angry man. No amount of apologies would calm him down. In the course of the conversation he hinted several times that he knew where my quad was. I feel sure that he has it, or worse yet, destroyed it. My question is this. If I am legal in all areas, including my FAA registration, can I force him thru legal means to return my quad? Any info or input will be welcomed. And please, no matter what you think about"the other quad", it is still one of my fleet and I would like to get it back. Thanks in advance for your help.

He can not legally hold it if it's there. If he somehow admits it you may have to ask a LEO for assistance.

Am curios ..you say you were met with a very angry man. Was he angry when you went up to him to start with or what ?

Agreed.... you need a reasonable basis to allege he has your property before LE will act or to support any prospects you may have of successful litigation. Even if he outright said he had it or destroyed it he can easily change his story.

This same thing happened to someone last year in Florida I believe, he was flying a P3 and had the video cache turned on and the video recorded the older couple picking up his quad and carrying it to their room. He called the police and the police forced them to give it back and left it up to him to press charges or not and he decided not to press. Ill see if I can find the post. If you have any evidence that they have it, you can get a LEO to help you get it back. I know the Cheerson does not have the same tech as the P3 but there has to be something you could use.

Last edited:
If you are sure he has it then I would tell the police he said he had it when you asked for it back and he would not return it....

Last edited:
I said "if he is sure he has it"...and he said the guy insinuated that he had it...
Makes no differnce.... saying he said he had it when he didnt say he had it is still a false statement.

I understand and respect your intent in offering the advice but i wouldnt like to see the OP end up in strife.

Providing false information knowingly with intent to police can have serious consequences.

One of the greatest joys of owning and flying a quad, is , for me anyway, going outside about 1 or 2 am on a clear night and flying at a good distance and watching the lights and how the quad responds to various winds and atmospheric pressure. About a week ago I was flying my "other quad",a Cheerson cx20, and accidentally flew to close to high tension lines. I was several hundred feet above it but I found from previous experiences that the cheerson cx20 is sensitive to outside influence's, like high tension lines. I hit RTE and it would come about halfway back and then circle back and repeat the process until I saw the lights flash showing me the dreaded auto land. I saw her come down approximately a quarter mile away. When I got up the next morning I flew my p3a over the area I suspected it came down in. It was over a pond and at a construction area where they are building a new house. I went to the owner and asked permission to search the area and was meet with a very angry man. No amount of apologies would calm him down. In the course of the conversation he hinted several times that he knew where my quad was. I feel sure that he has it, or worse yet, destroyed it. My question is this. If I am legal in all areas, including my FAA registration, can I force him thru legal means to return my quad? Any info or input will be welcomed. And please, no matter what you think about"the other quad", it is still one of my fleet and I would like to get it back. Thanks in advance for your help.

What exactly did he say that made you say this. "In the course of the conversation he hinted several times that he knew where my quad was"

Makes no differnce.... saying he said he had it when he didnt say he had it is still a false statement.

I understand and respect your intent in offering the advice but i wouldnt like to see the OP end up in strife.

Providing false information knowingly with intent to police can have serious consequences.
He would be fine telling a LEO that
In the course of the conversation he hinted several times that he knew where my quad was
and also he saw it go down there ,
He still hasn't answered my question in the third post .
Seems just from what I read there's more to this than we know . What made the man mad .

Reactions: GoodnNuff
I am very interested to see how this turns out.

I got my law degree from the 'Google Online Law School'.
Give me a call. :D

12191790_700085513460921_7417244750129272093_n.png

He was angry over the fact that I had my p3a over his property the following morning looking for it. I had no idea EXACTLY where it was, so I did what I have found works for me. I fly my p3a to the place I
VISUALLY saw it fall. Then I look at the screen to see where I'm at. That way I can look with new eyes for it. AND there is more to the story. He works for the county D.O.T and is apperantly using county's equipment to grade his land.

He told me that he saw it in a field next to him, and when he came back around in 10 or 15 minutes it was gone. He repeated the same thing several times. No real addmision of true possession, but hints. I was in sales for over 23 years and it teaches one how to read body language. ......If you want to be successful

I think I would be careful here. He might say you can have the drone back after you pay for all the damage it created crashing on his property. Flat tires, cracked windshields, brown spots in the lawn. He could make up anything.

He was angry over the fact that I had my p3a over his property the following morning looking for it. I had no idea EXACTLY where it was, so I did what I have found works for me. I fly my p3a to the place I
VISUALLY saw it fall. Then I look at the screen to see where I'm at. That way I can look with new eyes for it. AND there is more to the story. He works for the county D.O.T and is apperantly using county's equipment to grade his land.
That was all I asked for ..why he was mad .
And I would go with TJ's suggestion on it .

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj