Lost Drone with FAA numbers on it.

FAA number on your drone...
Not you DroneNut, but I think some people thought that was supposed to be a magic shield against this type of thing.

I think it's more of a liability. You're not gonna get points for good flying etiquette....but do something wrong and....
probe.png

Hope you get it back...but doesn't look good.

I would like to think you may recover your bird also. On the additional facts it would seem Law enforcement wont be able to help you, to the extent he sticks to his story there isnt much they can do. If he is using his employers equipment without permission you may well get some leverage but imagine for a minute he doesnt have it and you threaten his employment. Even if he does have it, cause him oroblems and be prepared for retalliation. The blokes i know in the excavation and earthmovinh business play hard.

Reactions: dirtybum
I think I would be careful here. He might say you can have the drone back after you pay for all the damage it created crashing on his property. Flat tires, cracked windshields, brown spots in the lawn. He could make up anything.
Now the shoe is on the other foot. He has to provide proof of damage. If none is/was found, its now called "Extortion."

Get him using city trucks for personal use in a photo on the phantom sounds like your only out. Not like you'd ever use that for anything. ;) That'd be equally as terrible as not returning a strangers lost drone imo

Thanks everyone for your insight on this "fubar" of a deal. I'm a live and let live kinda guy. At 63 years old all I wanna do is fly a few and sell a few. That was my spare cx20. But I still hate to lose it. I have since then flown a few "missions down his way at approximately 30 feet, and for some strange reason, my p3a slows WAY down over his property. Sometimes I just can't help myself! !!!!!!!!!! hee hee

Reactions: MedinaTaylor
I would buzz him everyday. Just tell him you are LEGALLY searching for your other drone. If you would of found it, then you wouldn't have to be flying around looking for it.

I have since then flown a few "missions down his way at approximately 30 feet, and for some strange reason, my p3a slows WAY down over his property.

There may be some very strong electrical interference....accidental or intentional. If he has resources he could bring your birds down.
You might be better off to let this one go or risk losing another one. I know it may be "fun" to annoy him, but that's not a good idea no matter how you size it up my friend. Just an opinion.

There may be some very strong electrical interference....accidental or intentional. If he has resources he could bring your birds down.
You might be better off to let this one go or risk losing another one. I know it may be "fun" to annoy him, but that's not a good idea no matter how you size it up my friend. Just an opinion.
If he is using any device to screw with your signal and bring your drone down (which I highly doubt....), he should be turned over to the FCC. I believe there is a $10,000 fine associated with that illegal move.

If he is using any device to screw with your signal and bring your drone down (which I highly doubt....), he should be turned over to the FCC. I believe there is a $10,000 fine associated with that illegal move.

Good luck proving it. Jammers are a hot seller on ebay. How many arrests have you heard of?
FYI - it takes about 15 minutes to build a totally effective jammer out of small microwave.
Cell phone jammers are also popular.
"Utopia" sounds good....but reality says it doesn't exist

Federal law prohibits the operation, marketing, or sale of any type of jamming equipment, including devices that interfere with cellular and Personal Communication Services (PCS), police radar, Global Positioning Systems (GPS), and wireless networking services (Wi-Fi).

"Jamming devices create serious safety risks. In the coming weeks and months, we'll be intensifying our efforts through partnerships with law enforcement agencies to crack down on those who continue to violate the law. Through education, outreach, and aggressive enforcement, we're tackling this problem head on."
-- P. Michele Ellison, Chief, Enforcement Bureau
Jammer Enforcement | Federal Communications Commission

https://transition.fcc.gov/eb/jammerenforcement/jamfaq.pdf

This guy had a $48,000 fine for using a Jammer:
FCC: Seffner man used cellphone jammer

Not sure what happened other than job suspension to this guy:
Teacher suspended after using cellphone jammer in class

Federal Law prohibits a lot of things. Too many imo.
CB linear amplifiers are another example. Illegal for decades yet TONS still in use by truckers
If everyone got "caught" for everything they did wrong everyone would be in prison...including you.
Two examples out of thousands and thousands of probable uses.

All I'm saying is.....
When you need the Government....Government is only a months worth of bureaucratic red tape away

Federal Law prohibits a lot of things. Too many imo.
CB linear amplifiers are another example. Illegal for decades yet TONS still in use by truckers
If everyone got "caught" for everything they did wrong everyone would be in prison...including you.
Two examples out of thousands and thousands of probable uses.

All I'm saying is.....
When you need the Government....Government is only a months worth of bureaucratic red tape away

No, I speed, I drive very fast. Sometimes I get busted, sometimes I don't. My insurance premiums reflect the fact that I sometimes get caught. That is the consequence; We all sometimes get caught.
We call all assume the risk vs reward and make our choice.

However if the neighbor is using a signal jammer, he is one phone call away from the FCC investigating that fact.

I'm advsing the OP that the use of a signal jammer is against Federal law. One man faces a $48,000 fine for doing so. You can argue that they are sold on Ebay, that we all break laws, etc., etc., that does not change the fact that using a jammer is a big deal that results in big fines.

Hope you can digest and understand that...

Reactions: RW8888
No, I speed, I drive very fast. Sometimes I get busted, sometimes I don't. My insurance premiums reflect the fact that I sometimes get caught. That is the consequence; We all sometimes get caught.
We call all assume the risk vs reward and make our choice.

However if the neighbor is using a signal jammer, he is one phone call away from the FCC investigating that fact.

I'm advsing the OP that the use of a signal jammer is against Federal law. One man faces a $48,000 fine for doing so. You can argue that they are sold on Ebay, that we all break laws, etc., etc., that does not change the fact that using a jammer is a big deal that results in big fines.

Hope you can digest and understand that...

By your own logic turning on a jammer provides a very small window to get caught if used sparingly.

Only takes a few seconds of interrupted anything. I am fairly confident it would be rather difficult to track a jamming signal from yesterday.

By your own logic turning on a jammer provides a very small window to get caught if used sparingly.

Only takes a few seconds of interrupted anything. I am fairly confident it would be rather difficult to track a jamming signal from yesterday.
I think it would be virtually impossible to track a jammer when it is turned off, regardless of whether it shut down yesterday or 5 minutes ago.

Again, that doesn't change the law.

And I highly doubt the neighbor has any jamming device. My intent was simply to point out that a jamming device is illegal and the use of one carries some hefty fines.
I'm choosing not to argue any further tangents one wants to take with my original post....

yeah sorry that was a bad joke. by fairly confident i meant completely impossible. lol

That in mind, I'd be careful annoying anybody with my expensive toy. Just my opinion on that one.

A jammer would just trigger RTH...I would be worried about a pellet gun...which would also be kind of hard to prove...

Reactions: kirk2579

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adrie