Looking for recommendations for GPS locator

Reaction score
I'm new to phantom pilots, so if I'm in the wrong place on the site, please advise. I'm trying to get the names of some of the GPS locator brands that anyone is using, so I can research a few and get one for my V+. I did find Trackimo but would like to check out several before buying. Thanks.

I have a Trackimo and an RF-v16 and I prefer the Trackimo hands down. It comes all set up and ready to go for a year, then 5 bucks a month thereafter...and its very accurate and reliable.

TK-108 and Tagg pet tracker.. Many others but again it's all about cost and effectiveness..

Hawkeye 1 said:
I have a Trackimo and an RF-v16 and I prefer the Trackimo hands down. It comes all set up and ready to go for a year, then 5 bucks a month thereafter...and its very accurate and reliable.
The RF-V16 does take a little work to get it all set up but mine only costs $3.00 a month and works very well. I also can take the sim card out and put it in an unlocked GoPhone and use the 30 minutes a month talk time the plan offers. So I get duel use out of the RF-V16. But with anything: YMMV.

I fly in a lot of areas that don't have cell coverage so for me the only option was the Marco Polo from readymaderc

I just got a trackimo and so far I like it a lot better then the POS pocket finder. The pocket finder was always pretty iffy on its locations even after they send some sort of up dates to it to help with the location and it constantly sending me alerts that it was off by its self taking walks even tho it would be right here the whole time. Then after one tiny crash the cheesy cell antenna inside busted off the circuit board. and was rattling around and would not locate at all and i had to bust it open and re glue it back on the way they had it just glued on with some conductive glue. Then it started working again but really unreliably. But one thing I found to be for sure is that even if its working and you have a crash Its not going to do you any good Being the way the cellular antenna in side the part that protrudes out just cant hold up to any significant g forces. Cause when mine broke it fell on grass after getting ripped off the phantom by some tree branches only about 20 feet high.

Tho Im still not sure if the trackimo will take any big impact and not bust but as far as it working it works really well and I like the fact that even with the free 12 months service you can stop and start the service and not use up the time on it if you are not going to be flying for awhile. and its a heck of a lot easier to secure it to the phantom then the pocket picker I mean finder. and even when the free 12 months runs out its still more then 1/2 the cost that pocket finder charges per month.

Tho lol if any one does already have a pocket finder I found out how to get free servis for ever with no bill. When I signed up I used a prepaid disposable credit card to pay for it cause I did not want monthly automatic billing on my regular card. But when i tried to cancel my servis and it took them a few weeks to get back to me and was in to another month of charges the bastards said they will not allow me to cancel unless I pay them more money So I told them to go screw them selves and that they will get no such thing from me. and then the morons said they will not cancel the service then if i dont pay up and its been a few months now and they just keep trying to bill the disposable card that has no $ on it any way. Nore is there any connection to me whats so ever being the card has no name or address attacked to it. So they can just go screw them selves. And there so stupid they even let you change your card number after you already signed up so if any one wants to switch to a pre paid card and then never pay again there wide open. Tho I dont know how they are going to make any money if more people catch on to there silly system.

Hawkeye 1 said:

I have the RF-V16, but I haven't set it up yet. I'm not certain, but I believe it is smaller and lighter than most.
But, I'm going to take a look at the Trackimo too.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT