Looking for advice

Ascending probably chews up more battery too... maybe your mission has a lot of altitude changes that increased the battery consumption

Sent from my SM-T377W using Tapatalk

Dumb question but what's the percentage of the over all battery health?

I had a bad battery that was 70% health left and it acted just like this.
I won't fly unless it's 80% or higher anything less then that it for low flying and close to me.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Dumb question but what's the percentage of the over all battery health?

I had a bad battery that was 70% health left and it acted just like this.
I won't fly unless it's 80% or higher anything less then that it for low flying and close to me.

It's currently 93%. I ordered another battery just to be safe.

Ascending probably chews up more battery too... maybe your mission has a lot of altitude changes that increased the battery consumption

Sent from my SM-T377W using Tapatalk

Not really. It started at 200 and descended to 50. Then back to 200. Flown similar missions with way more changes. This mission was about 2.1 miles. At 15-20 mph I've flown missions as far as 3.2 and had 40% battery at landing.

In Lichi you can also switch to FPV and click the Home Lock button. In FPV mode, when you pull down on the right stick (stick configured for mode 2) it will fly toward the home point.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

In Lichi you can also switch to FPV and click the Home Lock button. In FPV mode, when you pull down on the right stick (stick configured for mode 2) it will fly toward the home point.

Thanks. I did discover that when trying to figure out what I could've done different. That's an awesome feature.

I find that after about 100 yards, it is very hard to know which way the drone is facing. You can use Map View to get an idea of where the drone is and what it's current orientation is. Then fly in manual mode after the YAW is set to face the drone toward you. A BETTER approach, in my opinion, is to quickly set the drone into HOME LOCK mode. Now the YAW direction no longer matters. Pulling the RIGHT stick (in the default configuration) brings the drone back.

I find that after about 100 yards, it is very hard to know which way the drone is facing. You can use Map View to get an idea of where the drone is and what it's current orientation is. Then fly in manual mode after the YAW is set to face the drone toward you. A BETTER approach, in my opinion, is to quickly set the drone into HOME LOCK mode. Now the YAW direction no longer matters. Pulling the RIGHT stick (in the default configuration) brings the drone back.

I agree 100%. I have the same trouble when the bird is that far away. I wish I had known about the home lock feature a couple weeks ago. I wouldn't have put my drone into a tree. Haha. No major damage, so all is good. Me and home locks are going to be best friends.

Another trick is to fly forward. Whichever direction the drone is going (right or left) yaw in that direction until it stops moving left or right. It is now heading towards you. Been doing that successfully with my Syma.
Now if it is not moving when you go forward, it could be aimed towards you or away from you. Yaw a bit while going forward. If you yawed right and it is now moving right, it is away from you so keep yaw right until it stops. Now it is towards you
If you yaw right and it starts going left, it has been heading towards you. Yaw left (same direction it is going) to get back towards you

Sent from my HTC 10 using PhantomPilots mobile app

When using a Litchi mission flight and I have a speed change I create two waypoints close to each other both with the new speed. Semmes to work for me.

Sent from my iPad

Two solutions I always do just to be safe, I always mark the point of the red nose pointing with a sticker on my tablet, for example 3 o clock before take of, if I do get disorientated I just point my nose to that same marker and sure pulling back on the stick will let it fly back to me, the other function is course lock, in that mode if you pull back it will come towards you, regardless which way the nose is pointing, also non negotiable on anything less than 30% and 10%and choose non windy days

Sent from my 2014817 using PhantomPilots mobile app

... the other function is course lock, in that mode if you pull back it will come towards you, regardless which way the nose is pointing, also non negotiable on anything less than 30% and 10%and choose non windy days

Sent from my 2014817 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Magicman, the Course Lock function allows you to move forward or backward along the course the AC was traveling when you engaged it. It is the Home Lock function you're describing, where pulling the right stick down will will fly the AC directly toward the home point.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor