Looking for a GOOD sunshade for tablet

Reaction score
Hey any one have any suggestions on a good sunshade for a 9.7" tablet? I bought one of those similar to what DJI sells with the suction cups. It sucks. Or should I say it doesn't 1. My tablet is not smooth on the back so suck cups don't work and the screen takes up what available space on Tx mount so that the clamp doesn't grab tablet. I spotted one that was unique. That was soft. Looked like it was made out Nylon cloth and had a hand opening underneath for access to tablet.It was a little pricey like $40 but looked like it would work great. I just can't find the site I was on that sold it> wiped history last night cleaning browser ooops. It was a drone seller. They claimed to make it themselves. A real professional type place, just for the life of me I can't find it. Help as they are imperative if you want to fly during the day.The one I have let go of my tablet and about cost me another$650. Thanks for any and help.

Are you referring to Hoodvision.com? I don't have one but have that site saved as I was considering their design.

I've bought one and made one. A large brim hat has been my best choice.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: ScatSpeak
have you tried the ones sold by DJI? I have both the one for the tablet and phone. They work pretty good. If not you can make your own.

Hoodman is the best. The extender is really great. Get the kit. hoodmanusa.com.

Hood man is great except for 2 issues
Expensive as hell
The straps need a snap, not a buckle that you have to thread the straps through

Can you replace the suction cups with some velcro? That would be you cheapest/fastest fix.

Can you replace the suction cups with some velcro? That would be you cheapest/fastest fix.
That is only one issue, the other issue is that the backside of the hood is too tall and the tablet holder can not clamp onto the tablet because the back of the hood stops the clamp. It is a terrible design.

That is only one issue, the other issue is that the backside of the hood is too tall and the tablet holder can not clamp onto the tablet because the back of the hood stops the clamp. It is a terrible design.
So what about making your own? Someone had posted one that they made on here and it looked pretty good.

thanks it was the Hoodman that I saw. I found another one by HoodiVision that's worth checking out. It's less $$$ than the Hoodman. THe Hoodman also seems to be all about Apple products. Have an Android tablet. Though I'm sure there product will fit other tablets as well.HoodiVision seems to have done a lot of research in designing there's. Check it out.

I have a Android 8.4 Inch tablet and hard to find a sunshade that fits without spending quite a few dollars for it to fit, so I thought of making my own custom sized one.
Bought a black foam core board at the dollar store ($1.00) cut out 4 sides to make it fit the tablet, notched out the areas for on/off, volume controls and USB cable, put it all
together with black GAF tape so it could easily tear down and store in backpack. Have enough foam core board left over to make another. Invested less that $6.00 and
it works sweet, cuts light down quite a bit.

I bought a sunscreen for an iPad Air. Absolute load of junk because the screen was far too reflective - plus the ipad was hard to clip into the holder when it was attached. Can't remember the make, but it was dreadful. I bought a pack of armour all anti-reflective screen coatings and that worked by cutting down reflections.

I've combined what @yardbird and @happydays wrote:

anti-reflective screen cover + large brim hat (even thinking about one of those umbrella hats)

I have a Android 8.4 Inch tablet and hard to find a sunshade that fits without spending quite a few dollars for it to fit, so I thought of making my own custom sized one.
Bought a black foam core board at the dollar store ($1.00) cut out 4 sides to make it fit the tablet, notched out the areas for on/off, volume controls and USB cable, put it all
together with black GAF tape so it could easily tear down and store in backpack. Have enough foam core board left over to make another. Invested less that $6.00 and
it works sweet, cuts light down quite a bit.

I'm currently working on a similar shade for my Samsung Tab 10.5.
Did the rounds on eBay & Amazon looking at all the expensive ways to keep the sun off the screen. (And that is all we are doing really).
I don't like the idea of having some kind of frame to have to keep snapping it all into or having Velcro stuck to the sides of the tablet.
I'm gonna go down the DIY route. I have had a metre of white Velcro delivered today off ebay. That is going in two vertcal strips on the reverse of the tablet holder. I'm going to form the shade from corrugated black plastic we use at work, called Correx. Very lightweight. It will be foldable and weigh virtually nothing.
With a slot cut in the back it should slip nicely over the holder arm and secure with the Velcro. That's the plan. Watch this space, lol
No point spending $$$ imo.

hoodivision

These work nicely and fold to store. Put the shade on the tablet and clamp it in the holder. I have one for my iPad mini, which also works for the Shield, and this is my 9.7" iPad Pro.
image.jpeg

Ask Parrot for a spare or find one from someone who doesnt use it:

z63gga7ify4dpskxc5sz.jpg

Its very similar to the Hoodman one. Its even more expensive too, but you get a skycontroller with it for free that you can sell on :p

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl