Look at this Crap!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Drones and mortars don't stand a chance against the lasers. (Source KSWO)

OKLAHOMA CITY, OK (KWTV) – Senate Bill 660 says anyone who owns property can damage or destroy a drone without being held civilly liable for the damage as long as the drone isn't in Federal Aviation Administration Airspace air space or where a reasonable expectation of privacy exists.

“Citizens have a reasonable expectation of privacy and their privacy is being violated every day by these things,” Sen. Ralph Shortey said.

According to the FAA, damaging or destroying a drone is a federal crime because drones are classified as aircraft. Though the bill would allow shooting one down in a neighborhood or capturing one with a net.

“The safety issue's going to happen is when somebody shoots down a drone or they shoot at a drone and the bullet takes off across town and hits somebody else. That's where the real problems are,” Don Price, an aerial photographer, told KWTV.

The bill is still making its way through the Senate.

Information provided by KWTV.

OKLAHOMA CITY, OK (KWTV) – Senate Bill 660 says anyone who owns property can damage or destroy a drone without being held civilly liable for the damage as long as the drone isn't in Federal Aviation Administration Airspace air space or where a reasonable expectation of privacy exists.

“Citizens have a reasonable expectation of privacy and their privacy is being violated every day by these things,” Sen. Ralph Shortey said.

According to the FAA, damaging or destroying a drone is a federal crime because drones are classified as aircraft. Though the bill would allow shooting one down in a neighborhood or capturing one with a net.

“The safety issue's going to happen is when somebody shoots down a drone or they shoot at a drone and the bullet takes off across town and hits somebody else. That's where the real problems are,” Don Price, an aerial photographer, told KWTV.

O M G :eek:

This is Pure crap people will just start shooting every drone they see anywhere.Last i checked Its still illegal to fire a Gun in the City limits anyways. And not mention what happens when they shoot and miss. What privacy have they proved to be invading?

The FAA has control over ALL the airspace above the ground in the United States of America, which includes Alaska and Hawaii in addition to all the mainland states. Some of that airspace is what is called "uncontrolled" airspace, which only means that there are no particular restrictions which limit what can or cannot be done in those spaces OTHER THAN general safety-related activities. These are such things as "Don't fly closer than 1,500 feet above or around people, buildings, or other structures", which applies to pilots of all types of manned aircraft

Those areas that are not "uncontrolled" airspace are, of course, "controlled" - meaning there are specific types of activities which take place within those areas which require the limiting (or total exclusion) of aviation activities within those areas. Areas around airports, above national defense facilities, some wildlife preserves, major government offices, etc., are just a few examples of where "controlled" airspace might be imposed. These "controlled" areas are created for one thing: protection of something, be it people's lives, efficient operation of airspace resources, security of a national asset, or maybe even the safety of people in the aircraft which might unknowingly be flown into a dangerous area.

As drone pilots we have just as much responsibility to fly safely as do the pilots of any type of manned aircraft. True, our UAV's aren't as big as a -747, and they probably won't kill as many people if they crash as one of those aircraft will, but they are dangerous nonetheless IF WE DON'T FLY THEM RESPONSIBLY. Last year we had several occasions in the state that I live in where some drone operator decided to fly his/her UAV in areas where aerial-delivery fire-fighting aircraft were busy putting out forest fires. Those fire-fighting efforts had to be STOPPED just as soon as the drone was spotted. Why? Because the flight crews of those manned aircraft HAD NO IDEA WHICH WAY THE DRONE WAS GOING TO BE GOING - up, down sideways, forward, back or whatever. And some of those fire-fighting aircraft are not built to take a hit from a 5-pound object, no matter what it is made of!

We need to fly smart - EVERY TIME. We need to respect other people's rights of expectation of privacy not only just above their property, but also around the perimeter of that property. In short - Do Unto Others As You Would Have Them Do Unto You!

Hand out propeller caps to the kids at school and have a free for all. Looked like a drone to me...

Hand out propeller caps to the kids at school and have a free for all. Looked like a drone to me...
Not the best analogy. Might want to rethink that one.

Here's the genius's email, let him know the error of his way. All he's doing is making a fool of himself like the majority of politicians, they get elected on talking points and in general are clueless about anything other than lining their own pockets. Case in point, pretty much all 435 members of congress and the 100 members of the senate.

[email protected]

Just wait until some idiot misses the drone and the bullet, on it's way back down, hits a kid. I may be wrong here but I thought there was a federal law against shoot at aircraft including sUAS.

But then it is Oklahoma.

Violation of privacy? Maybe. So call the cops and file invasion of privacy charges.

Trespassing? Maybe. So call the cops and file trespassing charges.

If someone is spying on you with binoculars, you can't shoot them.

Do you guys remember when some city in the state of Colorado said it was offering some kind of contest to shoot down drones, er excuse me, UAV's and the Feds nixed it with a big statement?

Ah but you can shoot a drone but I believe that would stealing and damaging property. I don't know really. What part of the drone is not the "drone"? I don't think people understand the power in those props! In just rambling now...

Reactions: AyeYo
The "privacy" argument always irks me. My wife has a zoom lens for her photography business that'll pick the nose hairs off a gnat at 1000 paces. That kinda tech could be hidden in your bushes all the time and you'd never know. But my flying weedwacker is what sets you off??

The "privacy" argument always irks me. My wife has a zoom lens for her photography business that'll pick the nose hairs off a gnat at 1000 paces. That kinda tech could be hidden in your bushes all the time and you'd never know. But my flying weedwacker is what sets you off??

Emotional responses are rarely rational.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl