Little Planets!

OZ9CpLa.jpg

Dorney Park & Wildwater Kingdom - Allentown, Pennsylvania
(click the google photos link at the bottom of the post for full quality size, about 9800x9800)

dorney.little.planet.2016.05.24.resized.jpg

def my first attempt and was scared using litchi for the first time today. i went WAY TOO HIGH, thought i wanted the whole park in the downward shot but i guess i don't need to do that with the different rows of pics it takes, and also being so high made the shots look more washed out then when i was lower. definitely want to try again with lower altitude. only have 2 more days til the park is open for the season.

https://photos.google.com/share/AF1...?key=WXR6OHp0NlJzTktPSUdiR2xtMUhZRC03XzFmYTNB

Reactions: Haverluk
Wow that is high! You get a lot more detail and a really cool look down lower. But at 9800x9800 you can zoom in a lot!
yeah, i might try again tomorrow or the day after with a few different heights. its much more colorful closer. i'm not a video editor and these are my first few flights so i haven't put any videos together yet but watching them is fun too.

thank you all for this thread. btw, i used phantom 4, litchi panorama using the preset 3 rows for 26 total pics, then on a windows machine used ICE to make the little planet, much quicker than i thought it would take. these 2 videos were VERY USEFUL:
TUTORIAL (1/2): Litchi App - How To Use "PANO" Mode for "Tiny Planet" Panoramas
TUTORIAL (2/2): Microsoft ICE - How To Make "Tiny Planet" Panoramas

Reactions: Haverluk
image.jpeg
This is my little planet I created yesterday while at a family gathering. I edited it in Lightroom 6.

Reactions: ahoj
Here's mine.
Looks like you were to high and made the photo look flat. The lower you are the more things pop out. Which program are you using to make the little planet.

Reactions: ahoj
My first little planet.
Looks like you were to high and made the photo look flat. The lower you are the more things pop out. Which program are you using to make the little planet.

Yes, i guess i went a little too high, thanks for the hint. :) Flying conditions weren't very good since there was pretty strong wind guts. So i guess the bad stitches might be caused by the Phantom moving around a little too much.

I used Microsoft I.C.E. and tried to fix so the bad stitches wouldn't be so obvious using Pixelmator.. But i'm planning to get Photoshop.

Reactions: J&L
My first little planet.

Yes, i guess i went a little too high, thanks for the hint. :) Flying conditions weren't very good since there was pretty strong wind guts. So i guess the bad stitches might be caused by the Phantom moving around a little too much.

I used Microsoft I.C.E. and tried to fix so the bad stitches wouldn't be so obvious using Pixelmator.. But i'm planning to get Photoshop.
I didn't notice any bad stitches just looks flat from being so high up. I use ICE also and it does what I need it to do. My wife has Lightroom 6 and I edit each pic before I run in ICE instead of editing the entire little planet. I am also using dronepan to capture my pictures. I just updated to the beta version of autopilot and will try there pano version out.

Hi, I have created my first 2 little planets. One in the beach and one at home. Only the one at home went perfect. The one in the beach had an empty gap that ICE autocompleted it and doesnt look any good. It almost seems like it's missing a picture, a puzzle piece. Have you had this issue? Maybe because it was too windy?
Also, I have another set but something is really wrong. when putting them together, a weird pano is all stiched, far from a tiny planet effect. Not sure why I get them right and some others the pics are like from different sets. Anyway, not very proud of my first one but here it is :)

Attachments

• Surfside Beach TP (1267x1280).jpg
    Surfside Beach TP (1267x1280).jpg
    681.1 KB · Views: 401
How do You Guys do this ? It looks Amazing. [emoji106][emoji41]

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

You have to take a series of pictures then stitch them. Personally I prefer to use the pano function of Litchi that takes the 26 pics by itself, then I use ICE application that do the stitching and the projection with this result.

Reactions: blomdido

I use dronepan on my iPad mini 2 but have recently downloaded the beta version for Autopilot that has a pano feature.

Reactions: blomdido
You have to take a series of pictures then stitch them. Personally I prefer to use the pano function of Litchi that takes the 26 pics by itself, then I use ICE application that do the stitching and the projection with this result.
I do exact same, just learning. Will try other features soon
:)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akinproplumbing