Little Planets!

Into the night...

Attachments

• DJI_0134_stitch (4000x3998).jpg
    DJI_0134_stitch (4000x3998).jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 384
4223df6c355ff01bb1a4947b68360033.jpg

Was so inspired by these images that I made this on only my second flight ever.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Two Little planets plus photo spheres and question about Microsoft ICE export using JPEG XR. I've included the photo sphere links because I'm using the same set of images to produce both results. It's not TOO complicated once you get the process down.

2016 05 17 Kansas City Missouri Power and Light District Little Planets

2016 05 17 Kansas City Missouri Power and Light District Google Photo Sphere

2016 06 29 Kansas City Union Station Crown Center Liberty Memorial Little Planets

2016 06 29 Kansas City Union Station Crown Center Liberty Memorial Photo Sphere

2016 05 31 Sporting Park AKA Children's Mercy Park Little Planets

2016 05 31 Sporting Park AKA Children's Mercy Park Photo Sphere

2016 05 31 Kansas Speedway Infield Little Planets

2016 05 31 Kansas Speedway Infield Photo Sphere

I noticed a little too late that Microsoft ICE was doing some very strange things to my colors unless I exported in JPEG XR lossless format during the export process. The biggest problem I had was that photoshop doesn't support import of JPEG XR files unless you have the microsoft JPEG XR plugin which proved to be difficult to find. Now my colors are a LOT closer to what they should be utilizing JPEG XR up until final regular JPEG save from photoshop. Anyone else experience this problem ?

Another issue with using JPEG XR is the loss of EXIF information. This sucks. Am I missing something here? Is the only way for me to use JPEG XR and have EXIF info in the final regular JPEG to manually add the EXIF info when I've got my final standard JPEG ready to publish?

What's the easiest way to add EXIF info to a file so it retains GPS , camera info , time and date ?

Any info greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
@ the Ball Park

Can you please post the panorama picture, I would like to see how do take the panorama for the tiny planet

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Last edited:
Anyone sharing a tiny planet, please share with the panorama pic if it's possible

Can you please post the panorama picture, I would like to see how do take the panorama for the tiny planet

You have to take 26 pics from the same point. They should be 3 rows of 8 pics each. First row at 0 grades tilt of the gimbal, next at 30 grades, next at 60 grades and then 2 more pics at 90 degrees. The 8 pics of each row should cover the entire circumference of your site. If you have Litchi there is a pano mode that take all the pics automatically. The I use ICE stitching program to create the panorama.

Anyone sharing a tiny planet, please share with the panorama pic if it's possible

I'm not sure what are you asking for. A tiny planet is a panoramic resulting from stitching 26 individual pics.

I'm not sure what are you asking for. A tiny planet is a panoramic resulting from stitching 26 individual pics.

You need to stitch the photos to creat the panorama then turn it into a tiny planet, i want to see the panorama pic to know how do you take the photos, I find it hard for me to know the right view that suit for tiny planet photos

You have to take 26 pics from the same point. They should be 3 rows of 8 pics each. First row at 0 grades tilt of the gimbal, next at 30 grades, next at 60 grades and then 2 more pics at 90 degrees. The 8 pics of each row should cover the entire circumference of your site. If you have Litchi there is a pano mode that take all the pics automatically. The I use ICE stitching program to create the panorama.

This is helpful, thank you

This is so awesome I need to learn how to do this

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

I hate to be someone looking to be bottle fed but it sure would be nice if one of you guys would publish a comprehensive and COMPLETE guide to how to do this with something free like ICE so the rest of us could join in on the fun. :) 5 bullets isn't very informative. Just sayin'...

I hate to be someone looking to be bottle fed but it sure would be nice if one of you guys would publish a comprehensive and COMPLETE guide to how to do this with something free like ICE so the rest of us could join in on the fun. :) 5 bullets isn't very informative. Just sayin'...
There are so many ways to do this with different software it's difficult to try and step by step it. Ultimately it would be awesome to get PaulJohn (the original poster) to describe his work flow but it looks like he's been busy doing panoramas. I'll try to come up with a work flow using litchi and MS ICE. Will post soon.

What does "5 bullets isn't very informative" mean ? What do you mean by bullets?

Fisheye vs. Stereographic (AKA Little Planets) projection mode using Microsoft Image Composite Editor ICE .

This Google maps link is the Associated Photo Sphere of the images below created using ICE Spherical projection mode.
Google Maps

Stereographic / Little Planets mode
Little Planets 4K.jpg

Fisheye
Fisheye 4K.jpg

Last edited:
There are so many ways to do this with different software it's difficult to try and step by step it. Ultimately it would be awesome to get PaulJohn (the original poster) to describe his work flow but it looks like he's been busy doing panoramas. I'll try to come up with a work flow using litchi and MS ICE. Will post soon.

What does "5 bullets isn't very informative" mean ? What do you mean by bullets?

Thanks!

A couple of people in the thread have attempted to post instructions 4 or 5 points at a time in just a sentence or two. We call those a "bulleted" list. They are primarily used as guidelines more so that instructional.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnndyManuka