Little Planets!

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

If any of you are into this concept, post your little planets in this thread! I'd love to see them! :)

I've finally managed to capture my first one. Taken using Litchi above Trafalgar Square, London and stitched in PTGui Pro from 26 images. The app is actually really simple to use and offers a nice variety of ready presets, including little planets. There's a free trial so give it a try! :)

It's worth noting that it took Litchi well over 3 minutes to capture the shots... I wonder if any other software out there handles it faster?

250504fdd1ebd1e2e7c0f23e38a1a859.jpg

Paul

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey everyone,

If any of you are into this concept, post your little planets in this thread! I'd love to see them! :)

I've finally managed to capture my first one. Taken using Litchi above Trafalgar Square, London and stitched in PTGui Pro from 26 images. The app is actually really simple to use and offers a nice variety of ready presets, including little planets. There's a free trial so give it a try! :)

It's worth noting that it took Litchi well over 3 minutes to capture the shots... I wonder if any other software out there handles it faster?

Paul

That's awesome - Great work! I got to try that.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Reactions: PaulJohn
Wow this is so awesome. I am going to try this. Thanks for the heads up on that software. I tried 4 different programs and I could not get them to stitch my panos, but this one you suggested worked flawlessly and it was fast and easy.

Hey everyone,

Paul

I have to say, that is really amazing. It looks like the perfect spot and great conditions. Would you share a bit on your process, your flight height, how many pictures, etc? I'd appreciate it. Thanks!

Hey everyone,

Paul

Very impressive images, but did you have any concerns about flying above such a crowded location as Trafalger Square?

Very impressive images, but did you have any concerns about flying above such a crowded location as Trafalger Square?

Thank you :) and nope, no concerns whatsoever. I trust my Phantom enough to fly it above obstacles, and anyone who might argue it's unsafe to do so should just think about the fact that we risk our lives everyday walking on the pavement, across the street, standing on a train platform etc. but those risks are minimal, otherwise we'd just stay at home right?

The way I see it flying a Phantom in a responsible manner isn't any riskier than driving a car, or undertaking any other daily activity for that matter. So let's enjoy our awesome drones and stop stressing! ;)

I need more info on how this was made as well. I want to get a cool one of the desert!

That's an incredible picture buddy!
Where did you take off from if you don't mind me asking?
it just seems rather bait if you whipped out your phantom on the street corner, as anywhere near that area is fully packed with "people traffic" aka tourists.

Back to the topic and ignoring all meaningless overinflated safety concerns , why you have to use litchi to shoot your 16 pictures and use the program to stitch them ?
Can I just fly in Dji go and take sequential pictures ?
Please let me know because I do not want to use litchi unless I have to

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I haven't tried it yet but there an iOS app that will do the pictures. It's called Drone Pan.

Then, you can do the stitch work in somethings like PTgui. That's available for Macs and Windows.

I personally use litchi for the panorama because it takes away the guesswork of making sure your overlapping your pictures just right. After taking the first picture The bird will automatically adjust for the next shot. If you want to do a spherical photo the gimbal will rotate downward automatically to the proper degree and The sequence starts all over. You can set it manually for your duration in between photographs if you like.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Back to the topic and ignoring all meaningless overinflated safety concerns , why you have to use litchi to shoot your 16 pictures and use the program to stitch them ?
Can I just fly in Dji go and take sequential pictures ?
Please let me know because I do not want to use litchi unless I have to

Litchi has a nice preset that will hold the drone in position and automatically rotate the correct amount between each shot to give you maximum coverage.

Reactions: Secerator

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adrie