Little Planets!

Mine drifted about 30 feet or so and I don't think you can tell
3 rows of 10+2

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Anyone else having problems with Litchi failing to execute mission when trying to shoot panos? This is happening to me more often than not. I thought I had it solved due to having the camera in HDR mode. I took camera off HDR mode in-flight and shot two panos with no problem. Since then it's been a coin toss whether it will work or not. Any help greatly appreciated.

Anyone else having problems with Litchi failing to execute mission when trying to shoot panos? This is happening to me more often than not. I thought I had it solved due to having the camera in HDR mode. I took camera off HDR mode in-flight and shot two panos with no problem. Since then it's been a coin toss whether it will work or not. Any help greatly appreciated.

I paid the 20 bucks for litchi & have had 3 RC disconnects since. I only fly my bird where I can see it due to my fear of TheGreenPhantom, so it wasn't a big deal, but panos from here on out are all gonna be shot manual from my end. it's really not that difficult. Just look straight, shoot, turn, repeat, lower your gimbal, shoot, turn, repeat, get a few looking straight down, & you got it your source footage.

Reactions: NormanNormal
I paid the 20 bucks for litchi & have had 3 RC disconnects since. I only fly my bird where I can see it due to my fear of TheGreenPhantom, so it wasn't a big deal, but panos from here on out are all gonna be shot manual from my end. it's really not that difficult. Just look straight, shoot, turn, repeat, lower your gimbal, shoot, turn, repeat, get a few looking straight down, & you got it your source footage.
You must have a helluva lot more patience than I do. I can't EVER ever imagine doing that manually again. I enjoy standing there smoking cigarettes and looking at CHICKS. I even had one ask me the other day "are you flying a phantom?". I told her "it's a phantom pro". Is that cool or what? Is that wrong?

Richard I think this is my favorite LP yet! Excellent work. If I were you I would name this one Traffic World. I think that has a nice ring to it. :D

Also, I agree with you on the thumbs down button. Man, if that existed it would have gotten a real workout with some of the goobers that have posted in this thread....

Reactions: Richard Gozinya
You must have a helluva lot more patience than I do. I can't EVER ever imagine doing that manually again. I enjoy standing there smoking cigarettes and looking at CHICKS. I even had one ask me the other day "are you flying a phantom?". I told her "it's a phantom pro". Is that cool or what? Is that wrong?

Hahah, Richard, you're talking to a guy that spends 3 hours manually shooting timelapses from 30 second exposures & loves it.

Hahah, Richard, you're talking to a guy that spends 3 hours manually shooting timelapses from 30 second exposures & loves it.
I've done a LOT of that myself. This aerial stuff is new to me and I'm really getting to like it. It's funny I bought this aircraft for video but I've been having more fun with still-frame work.

I've done a LOT of that myself. This aerial stuff is new to me and I'm really getting to like it. It's funny I bought this aircraft for video but I've been having more fun with still-frame work.
SAME. Although it's also due in part to the fact that I didn't have a way to convert 4k vid to 1080 until yesterday.

Same here. These panos have so much detail im thinking of going down to the local print shop and having the LP shot of my property blown up and made into a poster. Then frame it and put it on my wall. Would be a killer conversation piece. Anyone else thought of this?

Same here. These panos have so much detail im thinking of going down to the local print shop and having the LP shot of my property blown up and made into a poster. Then frame it and put it on my wall. Would be a killer conversation piece. Anyone else thought of this?
Thinking about printing my first three at 24" x 24" once I'm done with upcoming spring/summer tours & I can finally have a place of my own. coincidentally made a red LP, a blue one, & a green one so I think the three would work pretty well together

As to the pano missions not loading. I get it too if I try and load a three row one (the two row ones seem to take three rows though). The Litchi tech says its a bug they are currently working on.

I've been thinking the same about some of the other panos I've taken. Need to get an online printing source to do them. Anyone have experience with printing these things out ?

As to the pano missions not loading. I get it too if I try and load a three row one (the two row ones seem to take three rows though). The Litchi tech says its a bug they are currently working on.
**** that's driving me insane. I can't tell you how much time that problem has cost me. Sometimes it works the first time and fails on the second and any subsequent attempts or it doesn't work at all. Are there any writeups/info on the photo shooting grid matrix? I look at it on the screen and still don't quite understand what I'm seeing on the software screen options. The projected screen matrix doesn't seem to represent the input dimensions. Is it supposed to? I seem to be able to change only one of the number variables and nothing else. If I try to push on the screen options it acts like I'm not trying to input anything. Am I missing something here? Any help greatly appreciated.

150 feet vs. 300 feet altitude comparison. I think this should get the Beavis and Butthead award today for Little Planet camera positioning if there is such a thing. Once I got the bird in the air I noticed that the huge Jayhawk mascot on the baseball field was 80% covered by a rain tarp. I wanted it to be in the picture so I kind of started farting around and ended up with these two crappy shots. In retrospect I should have contacted the staff and asked them if they could remove the tarp for me but I wasn't trying to attract any attention. Is that wrong?

150 feet
View media item 1494300 feet

Those are nice Richard! How do you get the sky expanded so far from the "planet"? Are you shooting higher than 0 degrees?
No, not higher than 0 that I'm aware of. I haven't changed any settings to do that. I pad the corners out with photoshop. If you select one of the black corners in photoshop with the magic wand tool and hit delete a menu pops up. Select (content-aware)(blending mode normal)(opactiy 100%) hit okay. Sometimes elements not from the sky will carry over into your fill. You can get rid of these by using the magic lasso tool as a selector and follow the exact same procedure for generate cloud padding in the smaller unwanted parts.

Reactions: nhoover

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT