Little Planets!

I saw on internet a website where THE little planet expands (spread out) to normal size when you click on them. How is that done? Someone? A little planet is is great but when it is spread out when clicking on it is fantastic

the PhantomPilots app won't let me upload the photo of a little planet I just shot, but here's the virtual tour for now

SkyPixel - Connecting Creativity
Here's today's little planet:
Borp31M.jpg

Total quality on your first go..... great work im having it now.......

Like Norman, I have also become obsessed with these (& also currently reside in Florida). I couldn't stop thinking about them all day, but by the time I was actually able to shoot, all the good light was going away so I only had time for one test shot (or rather, group of shots). Still pretty stoked on it though!

SUnFlws.jpg

Reactions: NormanNormal
Figured I'd give it a shot. Not very dramatic when you're high. Will try again another time

Yeah, I have noticed that higher altitudes tend to give it less of a LP effect and more of a spherical fish eye look. I think having some trees and such coming over the horizon gives you a really cool tiny planet look. I'm going to try a very low altitude test but the weather has not been permitting.

Anyone else here have a Gear VR or an Oculus Rift? I took my spherical pano shots from Litchi and run them through PtGUI, but this time as a regular 360 pano. Then I used 4096x2048 2:1 aspect to generate an image. I uploaded it to my phone and viewed it through oculus 360 photos. Wow it was awesome. I could look around at my images with real time head tracking. Felt like I was floating in the air.

Easier said then done

I've downloaded both ptgui and the Microsoft image one

Seems both can stitch the majority of the images together but the two shots directly down get lost in the mix. I have a little planet with a black hole in the center.

Do I need to be higher when taking the pics? Can't seem to find any common anchor points with the other shots.

Advice is much appreciated!!

Can anyone tell me if there's an automated way in ptgui to get the clouds to stretch to the corners?

I'd like to know as well. Right now I've been using the little sliders to in the panorama editor to remove most of the black and then photoshop out the rest. It works pretty good but not easy or complete.

Downloaded the app, preset all the degrees before flight (using custom). Took it up about 200 feet, hit start and nothing. Switched to the preset 3 row option and it finally started. My only other concern was that the bird didn't seem to stay in the starting position. Minor wind tonight, but nothing it wouldn't normally be able to handle. Finally stopped the pano cause I figured it would come out bad.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart