Little Planets!

Finally got the process down. I don't have a lot to work with for surroundings like some of you guys. We do have the worlds biggest ball of twine around here some where. Picture quality OK, not as good as most I've seen on here. Wind was gusting around 20 mph today so I'm sure that didn't help. Off to find something of more visual interest tomorrow. Thanks to all of you for your help.
View media item 1468

might be my app, but the image won't display

Attachments

• 1460868875973.jpg
    1460868875973.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 357
How are you guys getting the clouds to extend to the corners? Are you filling the corners with clone tools in photoshop ? I shot mine using default image numbers which I believe totaled 18. If I bump the matrix to 26 pictures will it give me more padding room in the corners so I can crop it without the empty spaces in the corners?

Last edited:
I see no image, Rich.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I see no image, Rich.

The majority of images I'm seeing in this thread are hosted on tapatalk. Noone(including me) seems to be having a problem with them. Can tapatalk not display inline images posted on here via the built in "media gallery embed" facility or did I do something wrong? I used the built in image hosting function on here to keep things simple and thought it worked great, at first. I only read the forums on a desktop with a big screen so I'm kind of in the dark on viewing the forums via tablet.

Notes on Ptgui BASICS to get started with Tiny Planets

1 load images
2 align images
3 after alignment panorama editor will pop up in new window
4 in panorama editor window go to projection drop down dialog box and choose little planet
5 go back to initial window(called project assistant ?)
6 hit create panorama (if you use "set optimum size" you better have a LOT of RAM)
7 make obvious file path file format adjustments
8 hit create panorama

Anyone know how to set the backdrop(empty space color) during create panorama. My first pano export had a black background which was fine. Now they all have white backgrounds. I need to change it back to black.

I use a free but very good and simple to use program for "little planets".
I just use the standard setting to take the panorama in Litchi (think it takes 18 photos) and then import them into the free and very good program Image composite editor.
Image Composite Editor - Microsoft Research

Home Sweet home below

The "Stereographic" projection is the main setting in the program I use for these shots. All much simpler than it looks!

You can of course do standard type panoramas with the program too

Last edited:
how do we get them to display spherically?

Once the pano created, i sent it to my nexus5 phone. Then in the gallery app i "shared" it with google map app. It automaticaly uploaded it and it made a sphere with it.

It is not the easyest way but it worked !

How are you guys getting the clouds to extend to the corners? Are you filling the corners with clone tools in photoshop ? I shot mine using default image numbers which I believe totaled 18. If I bump the matrix to 26 pictures will it give me more padding room in the corners so I can crop it without the empty spaces in the corners?
I used puppet warp in Photoshop

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Reactions: sbarso
If you use Image composite editor, there is 4 steps,
1) import the photos - litchi does 18 by default
2) click stitch, then choose "Sterographic".
3) click crop, at this stage, hit auto crop and you will have your clouds to the corners
4) Export/Save your panorama/little planet!

I think they end up at about 15 megs a little planet. I just make a copy in paint, which I reduce to about 4 megs.

Last edited:
If you use Image composite editor, there is 4 steps,
1) import the photos - litchi does 18 by default
2) click stitch, then choose "Sterographic".
3) click crop, at this stage, hit auto crop and you will have your clouds to the corners
4) Export/Save your panorama/little planet!

I think they end up at about 15 megs a little planet. I just make a copy in paint, which I reduce to about 4 megs.

I use a free but very good and simple to use program for "little planets".
I just use the standard setting to take the panorama in Litchi (think it takes 18 photos) and then import them into the free and very good program Image composite editor.
Image Composite Editor - Microsoft Research

Home Sweet home below

The "Stereographic" projection is the main setting in the program I use for these shots. All much simpler than it looks!

You can of course do standard type panoramas with the program too
dude I love this composition. would you be interested in letting me do some color correction for you? I'm a professional photographer (www.michael-rex.com; @brownmetal on instagram) & I wouldn't post it anywhere, just send it right back to you. I would just love to see what this would look like touched up a bit

These things are driving me nuts... I want to figure one out lol!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart