LITCHI WAYPOINTS DISTANCE WARNING / BUG ?!

Reaction score
Hello
I practically lost control of my PH4 because of this bug ( it seems to me ) ...!

I have created a waypoints mission that I have been flying few times without any problem (1400 m long ,7-8 waypoints, 6-7 minutes flight, elevation between 620 m and 700 m , altitude 30 m above ground &/or home point, back at waypoint 1 at the end ) . Then after slight changes saved from my mobile device, each time I am trying to fly again I get the message ‘’ one or several waypoints are too far away ‘’. I get the mission report window with the warning message but when I touch the go button nothing happens, or after taking off manually and hovering hiting the go button makes the PH4 behave erratically (it goes straight up quickly, or seems blocked, and moved in all directions) , RTH didn't work. . SCARRY . I have fortunately managed each time to get it back using the pause button, or switching into S/ATTI mode.

Now I have uninstalled and reinstalled the latest LITCHI && DJI GO softwares on both my Sony Xperia M2 smartphone and Nexus 7 tablet without fixing the issue.

In the DJI GO setting the distance limit slider is off, alternatively I put it on with 2000 m radius but it did not change the issue.

From my mobile device I have tried to create various waypoints missions , some being very basic with two waypoints , it seems that as long as I exceed a threshold around 500 meters radius I get the said warning ‘’ one or several waypoints are too far away ‘’ .

If I am within this 500’ish meters radius circle I can get for instance an orbit/spiral mission as long as 2000 m without the warning message. I have checked that the 3D distance between any consecutive waypoints is not under 0.5 m or higher than 2000 m.

My advice if you have the same problem don't try to force the flight .

If someone has got an idea how to fix that it would be highly appreciated .
Thx in advance
Dave

Did you know the first and last waypoint has to be within a certain limit? Could that be the problem?

Welcome to the site!

Did you know the first and last waypoint has to be within a certain limit? Could that be the problem?

Welcome to the site!
hello
Thx for yr welcome .
I have understood that first and last waypoints distance must be under 2000 m . Am I right ?

I don't know what the number is. But I know this has been a problem for people in the past because they don't realize that the distance limit between waypoints is not just sequential waypoints but also includes the first and last waypoint.

Take a close look at your mission. The screen can be pretty sensitive and an inadvertent touch can add a waypoint that you may not realize is there.

I am having same problem as others have mentioned on this forum. I'm thinking this is a new limitation built into the Litchi software. Older versions of DJI Go that permitted waypoint flying also had a 500m radius. Seems to me this limit was placed for legal reasons as flying a drone out of sight is no longer legal.

Just a thought. We've heard all the stories about how Go and Litchi don't play nice together and that on android devices Go can restart itself. Double check that Go hasn't reset your maximum distance! If so, your waypoints could be outside that limit.

I spent a lot of time changing the distance limit on DJI Go, turning it off, changing it to another number like 300m, but it has no effect on the 500m distance limit of Litchi on my P3A.

I have a similar problem . I went on a long flight earlier today with no problem. Now all of a sudden I am getting this "Waypoint stay action param provided is invalid". Any ideas?

Another way to see this message is to accidentally have your C1 or C2 switch set to "set a waypoint". Depending on your map view, you can accidentally set a waypoint that is way to far away. Double check the C1 and C2 switches in Litchi setup to maker sure you are not adding waypoints with an accidental click of the switch.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan