Litchi on IOS help

Reaction score
Anyone using litchi on IOS, all the tutorials I can find are geared to android, and there seems to be differences.

First, the icon in the upper left is a litchi camera icon, not the waypoint trail icon I see on all the vids. And when I click it, all I get is a window saying "start screen record"... So how does one access the various intelligent flight modes?

Seems like as soon as you open the app, you can start clicking on the screen and setting up a waypoint mission. But I can't seem to find anyway to get into the follow me mode.

Granted, I have not tried to fly the bird yet wit litchi. Could this be why? Is the follow me option only visible when in flight? Have been trying to learn all I can about it before flying with litchi...

Thanks!

I bought it too - but the weather here has been so bad that I only got out for one session over the two week holiday period.

I opened up Litchi, but all I got was disconnected showing in red. I understand since then that the first time you connect, you have to be connected to the internet? I'll maybe try that indoors.

On the OPs issue - do you have to change the switch position to enable waypoints etc to kick in like on GO?

Also, I believe that it is possible to set up waypoints on a computer to load them onto the aircraft later - but for the life of me I can't find how or where this can be accessed.

I agree that the help sheet needs to be upgraded now that iOS is on board as many of the features on Android versions aren't (yet) available to iOS users.

So you think its a matter of the features not being available in the ios app, and not just my inability to find them...

So you think its a matter of the features not being available in the ios app, and not just my inability to find them...
They are not available ... and you are correct. ALL the instructions and videos are based around the android app. With that said, the more I fly with it the more I like it. Unfortunately you have to fly with different settings and see the results.

I do know two things ...

1) If you fly a mission with straight line setting and want to take photos at a waypoint it works best to use 3 actions - STAY for 2 secs - TAKE PHOTO - STAY for 2 sec. If you just set one action to take photo without the stay action most of your images will be blurry, especially in low light.

2) When flying and shooting a video with multiple focus points set your gimbal pitch mode to "Interpolate"for a smooth transition between focus points.

Reactions: Deep6
Indeed, currently the iOS version ONLY supports GS/Waypoint mode for any intelligent flight - it was just released in late December...

I guess I'll be anxiously awaiting updates then! For now, happy to be able to preprogram mission! Tried it out this morning with great success!

Next question. Will the waypoint flight continue if RC signal is lost? I would like to take weekly photos of a new rail station going in near my house, but I start to lose RC signal below about 150 feet. It's only 1800 feet away, but lots of houses in between. Can I set up a flight which drops down to 50 feet, where I am sure I will lose RC, takes a shot, then pops back up and continues?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Will the waypoint flight continue if RC signal is lost?
Yes, it will continue the mission even if lost RC connection... make sure your mission includes a final waypoint that is near your starting point to ensure it returns to where you are.... ;-) I do this on all my GS missions and have it hover at a specified altitude when done... then I take control.

I guess I'll be anxiously awaiting updates then! For now, happy to be able to preprogram mission! Tried it out this morning with great success!

Next question. Will the waypoint flight continue if RC signal is lost? I would like to take weekly photos of a new rail station going in near my house, but I start to lose RC signal below about 150 feet. It's only 1800 feet away, but lots of houses in between. Can I set up a flight which drops down to 50 feet, where I am sure I will lose RC, takes a shot, then pops back up and continues?

Be careful and remember if you fly down to 50'. that is 50' off the ground at the home point. I can fly 1/4 mile from my house to a friends house and fly down to 100' and the quad is only 25' off the ground. There is a 75' difference in elevation between the two spots.

Yes, it will continue the mission even if lost RC connection... make sure your mission includes a final waypoint that is near your starting point to ensure it returns to where you are.... ;-) I do this on all my GS missions and have it hover at a specified altitude when done... then I take control.

Thanks! I have been setting up a first and last point above my driveway and for added measure setting it to return to point 1 at the end... Looking forward to trying this out, as soon as this cold spell breaks...

Be careful and remember if you fly down to 50'. that is 50' off the ground at the home point. I can fly 1/4 mile from my house to a friends house and fly down to 100' and the quad is only 25' off the ground. There is a 75' difference in elevation between the two spots.

Appreciate the tip! I was thinking of taking off at my house, flying the bird over there, then driving the couple blocks over to where I want the low waypoints set and verifying the altitudes to ensure I don't have an unexpected "landing". I believe my area is pretty flat though.

Reactions: rhoffart
So is anyone actually doing this? Preprogramming a waypoint mission knowing you will lose RC signal/control along the route? Seems to me, this is what the phantom was built for... But I can't imagine the anticipation one must feel waiting for the signal to reconnect on the way back!!!

So much for LOS... ;)

So is anyone actually doing this? Preprogramming a waypoint mission knowing you will lose RC signal/control along the route? Seems to me, this is what the phantom was built for... But I can't imagine the anticipation one must feel waiting for the signal to reconnect on the way back!!!

So much for LOS... ;)
Yes... originally by accident since I didn't expect to lose RC communication on a particular mission... but now it's one I use frequently... total flight time is about 16 minutes with 2+ out of comm at the furthest point... that "blackout" period still makes me nervous every time even though I've got a separate GPS tracker... soon I'll add a parachute and worry less about abrupt loss of altitude scenarios... the whole mission is at 200' along a tree lined creek bed bordering our neighborhood that allows me to get a real nice survey before/after Fall and Snow... ;-)

So much for LOS... ;)
All the time. I've sent mine off on 3mi missions and lost connection 2-3mins in... Waiting for 5-6min for connectivity to come back. I actually went in the house to grab a drink :)

Yeah those chutes look pretty cool, pricy though... Less than a hard crash though I imagine... What kind of GPS tracker are you using?

What kind of GPS tracker are you using?
I'm using the RF-V16... w/$15/month AT&T service plan...

Yeah those chutes look pretty cool, pricy though
I just ordered one for $119 that's designed for the Hubsan H109S-21 Parachute Recovery System for their X4 Pro... gonna adapt it for P3... cheap insurance since virtually any crash of the P3 will likely cost much more for repairs (plus downtime from flying!)...

I'm using the RF-V16... w/$15/month AT&T service plan...

I just ordered one for $119 that's designed for the Hubsan H109S-21 Parachute Recovery System for their X4 Pro... gonna adapt it for P3... cheap insurance since virtually any crash of the P3 will likely cost much more for repairs (plus downtime from flying!)...

This I think I can sell the wife on! Shes not happy at the moment, didn't realize when she bought me the Quad for xmas that I would need to buy a new Ipad, extra batt, sun visor, case, etc... a week later...

Looks like it works well in the videos! And shouldn't be hard to attach...

Hallow Everyone!
I cant find the way to delete a waypoint on the ios app. For the moment i use the web app on my computer and download it to my iphone.
Also another question.. what is the max Distance it will accept, as i had designed a few missions on my computer but did not accept to start them on a nexus 7 i have..
I had a lot of app crashes on the nexus 7 so i am using the iphone for now untill i try some solutions i read about.
thanks!

Select the waypoint so it's dialog box opens. Upper left corner is a teardrop icon with a minus sign right next to one with a plus sign. The minus one deletes the current waypoint and selects the next one. So be careful if you double tap it by accident you can delete another waypoint by mistake.

The plus sign icon adds another waypoint. I will have a tutorial video up for iOS Litchi this weekend.

Reactions: lfaitas

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl