Litchi on IOS help

Hallow Everyone!
I cant find the way to delete a waypoint on the ios app. For the moment i use the web app on my computer and download it to my iphone.
Also another question.. what is the max Distance it will accept, as i had designed a few missions on my computer but did not accept to start them on a nexus 7 i have..
I had a lot of app crashes on the nexus 7 so i am using the iphone for now untill i try some solutions i read about.
thanks!

Just click on the Waypoint from within the IOS app, then click the waypoint symbol with the (-) at the top left of the window.

Seems it will accept pretty much any point you want to give it. I clicked on a spot on the map in Mexico, and it told me it would be an 8527 minute trip, or something like that! Be careful, it would be easy to make a mistake and send your bird off on one way trip! I always look at the total trip time and try to plan my missions under 10 minutes in order to have a reserve. Also I always program my missions with an end point at my location, versus using the return to 1st point...

So is anyone actually doing this? Preprogramming a waypoint mission knowing you will lose RC signal/control along the route? Seems to me, this is what the phantom was built for... But I can't imagine the anticipation one must feel waiting for the signal to reconnect on the way back!!!

So much for LOS... ;)
Me - regularly.

Reactions: Deep6
I guess I'll be anxiously awaiting updates then! For now, happy to be able to preprogram mission! Tried it out this morning with great success!

Next question. Will the waypoint flight continue if RC signal is lost? I would like to take weekly photos of a new rail station going in near my house, but I start to lose RC signal below about 150 feet. It's only 1800 feet away, but lots of houses in between. Can I set up a flight which drops down to 50 feet, where I am sure I will lose RC, takes a shot, then pops back up and continues?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app
Here's what I would do if I was you.

Create a mission at a good height to clear all obstacles in your area (don't ask me how I know this...). You'll only need three waypoints initially, one at the start, one at the station and one at home again. Get to the station site and note your relative height and any potential obstacles like wires or trees without changing the original altitude. In other words all three waypoints have the same altitude.

When the craft comes back review the footage. Then you can decide how much below waypoint 2 (at the station) that you can safely descend to without hitting anything. Add in two new waypoints at the station site - the first at a 'test' lower height with the option to take a photo then, and the second at the original height. Then try that and review. With trial and error (no error hopefully) you'll decide how low the phantom can be flown safely.

Eventually you will have five waypoints. 1 - above your head where you launch from to set a safe journey height. 2 - at the same altitude above the station site. 3 close to waypoint 2, but at the height at which you want to take the photo from. 4 at the railway site, but back to the original journey altitude. 5. back above your head at the launch site at the original altitude.

Make sense?

Here's what I would do if I was you.

Create a mission at a good height to clear all obstacles in your area (don't ask me how I know this...). You'll only need three waypoints initially, one at the start, one at the station and one at home again. Get to the station site and note your relative height and any potential obstacles like wires or trees without changing the original altitude. In other words all three waypoints have the same altitude.

When the craft comes back review the footage. Then you can decide how much below waypoint 2 (at the station) that you can safely descend to without hitting anything. Add in two new waypoints at the station site - the first at a 'test' lower height with the option to take a photo then, and the second at the original height. Then try that and review. With trial and error (no error hopefully) you'll decide how low the phantom can be flown safely.

Eventually you will have five waypoints. 1 - above your head where you launch from to set a safe journey height. 2 - at the same altitude above the station site. 3 close to waypoint 2, but at the height at which you want to take the photo from. 4 at the railway site, but back to the original journey altitude. 5. back above your head at the launch site at the original altitude.

Make sense?

Been doing just that! Have it set up to take 12 shots at various points/altitudes along the new track bed. Started very conservatively with altitude, flew it a few times at each change to make sure of no anomalies, then tweaked and tuned altitudes, positions, headings, and gimbal angles. Getting some great shots now! Have it doing most of the flight at 250 feet, then dropping at each end for photos so signal loss at the lower altitudes is only for a few moments.

Reactions: happydays
just watched your video.. excellent!! i am getting ready to fly my 1st pre-planned mission.

Am I missing something or is the camera/video button missing from the Litchi IOS app? Can someone simply explain if they're able to shoot videos and pics, not referring to the screen record function which I know is working and saving it to the camera roll.

Am I missing something or is the camera/video button missing from the Litchi IOS app? Can someone simply explain if they're able to shoot videos and pics, not referring to the screen record function which I know is working and saving it to the camera roll.

Have wondered the same thing. I am assuming more functionality will come with future updates, but for now, it is a very incomplete barebones app. As far as I know, no way to change any camera settings or anything. I use DGI Go to set up my camera, then shut it off, restart with litchi and execute my flight.

Just hit the camera buttons on the remote to take pic/vid

Last edited:
It's either in settings or in the mission where the app will start the video rolling when the flight is activated. But I think it's in the settings. There's a red light to the right of the eyeball icon when it's recording. Or you can just hit the video (or photo) button on your controller.

S

So its not just me, the IOS is far from being a "complete" app the way it currently stands. I only hope updates will follow shortly as $15 for the current features fall far short of what I feel would be considered money well spent. Come on Litchi, lets get these updates moving!!!

Even for $15, I find it an excellent product. It has greatly expanded my flying. This IS the first version which was released in mid-December. With the most recent update, you can now set up the mission on your computer and sync it to your tablet/phone.

S

Reactions: Fat City
Even for $15, I find it an excellent product. It has greatly expanded my flying. This IS the first version which was released in mid-December. With the most recent update, you can now set up the mission on your computer and sync it to your tablet/phone.

S
I agree, very happy with what we have, but definitely missing lots of functionality! One would think that for an app that is designed to operate a flying camera, it would at least have the basic camera functions and allow adjustments. I use the camera histogram all the time with DJI go, and without it, add some sun glare on your screen and it's a total crap shoot as to light levels in the pics or video... I would expect that it will incorporate all the functions of DGI go and more when it's complete... Having not used litchi for anything but IOS, I'm not sure if the android version which I believe is more complete, has more of the functionality like DJI Go???

Android is more complete in almost every way. With ios, you have to go up in the go app, get your camera exposure settings sorted and then switch over to litchi. That's why you have to take into consideration that time in the air as well and adjust the mission time accordingly. I would like to see the ios app get more features too but ****, it's great just flying ground station too.

So are you actively switching back and forth between litchi and DJI Pilot app during flight? I have been worried they may cause issues with both running and I always make sure to close completely out of one before launching the other and always on the ground...

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

So are you actively switching back and forth between litchi and DJI Pilot app during flight? I have been worried they may cause issues with both running and I always make sure to close completely out of one before launching the other and always on the ground..
You can't properly set camera exposure on the ground. I open both apps on the ground to confirm connection. I fly up 40' or so in the go app and adjust the camera. Then I hit the home button and switch to litchi. I got away with not force closing the go app and only switching to litchi. No problems at all. But if you care at all about camera exposure, you have to set that up in the go app. Doing so on the ground is all but useless. It's a drawback with ios litchi. Hopefully it gets the same features as Android.

Reactions: JohnRLancs
So why does litchi have magic leash for iOS available if the main litchi doesn't support follow me for iOS yet?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

I'm assuming that if someone has an android device connected to the TX then you could use leash on an iOS device.

Does litchi app have follow me mode on IOS? I downloaded it yesterday and used it for about 5 minutes to test out goggles and that was it.I'm looking at it now while Im at work and it does not show a follow me mode in the choices

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers