Litchi now on iOS

Kaehn or anyone else that may know. I can't remember where I read it and what the specifics are but isn't there something about the latest DJI sdk and compatibility or dependency on the P3 being at a certain firmware? I remember reading that at some point if Litchi integrates the latest sdk that you would have to update something. Was it the P3 firmware or DJI Go? I'm at 2.4.3 and have no intentions of updating that. But I'm afraid to update Litchi now until I can get this sorted out. Thanks

Kaehn or anyone else that may know. I can't remember where I read it and what the specifics are but isn't there something about the latest DJI sdk and compatibility or dependency on the P3 being at a certain firmware? I remember reading that at some point if Litchi integrates the latest sdk that you would have to update something. Was it the P3 firmware or DJI Go? I'm at 2.4.3 and have no intentions of updating that. But I'm afraid to update Litchi now until I can get this sorted out. Thanks

P3 craft firmware needed to be on at least 1.4 to utilize the sdk. I think you have to be running craft frimware of at least 1.6 to utilize features exposed in sdk 3.x but not positive.

I do not know if you have to be using 1.6 in order to run an app that is using sdk 3.x

I don't think it matters what version of GO you use. We'll see what the boss says.

Yeah I'm running 1.4 on my P3P and don't want to upgrade any more beyond that.

You should never have to update DJI Go. For the firmware, 1.4.X is a little old and there have been a lot of changes since. While most of the flight modes should work, we cannot guarantee they will as we don't test on these old firmwares. For example one change that came after 1.4.X is the minimum 3D distance between consecutive waypoints that was reduced from 2m to 0.5m. This is just an example. We recommend using latest firmwares.

Thanks Kaehn. I could update one of my P3s I guess. Just was holding off due to speed restrictions put in place in 1.6 and Geo.

I tried track mode. I learned a lot on when to start/stop the mode only after selecting the tracking object as the video shows. But I kept losing tracking when increasing the distance. Note the box get much larger as distance increase. Also noticed the phantom moves side to side widely as you adjust the sticks (had the polar pro legs on so you could really see it though the gimbal keeps it smooth). Do I need to dial back the joystick speed multiplier or something? I'm on beta build 168.
The track looks pretty good. Haven't had a chance to test myself yet. As for seeing legs it seems you aren't getting much of the phantom skids, solution there unfortunately may be to loose the polar pro extensions.

I Tried Track Mode for the first time (ios Air2). With a static object and experimenting moving the P3 around quite a bit.

The object was locked in, but the P3's movements were very harsh. For example when moving side to side at a very gradual pace, when the sticks are released, it appears that full active breaking is applied. It would seem that the app is using P3 default aircraft settings for it's movement? Is it possible that it could instead use what has been set up by the user? In my case, it is set up as a smooth a predictable AP platform. But when using the Track Mode, it is a different bird.

Thanks!

I Tried Track Mode for the first time (ios Air2). With a static object and experimenting moving the P3 around quite a bit.

The object was locked in, but the P3's movements were very harsh. For example when moving side to side at a very gradual pace, when the sticks are released, it appears that full active breaking is applied. It would seem that the app is using P3 default aircraft settings for it's movement? Is it possible that it could instead use what has been set up by the user? In my case, it is set up as a smooth a predictable AP platform. But when using the Track Mode, it is a different bird.

Thanks!
Track mode or focus mode? Seems like you mean focus mode.

Litchi just release beta build 267 that includes track plus follow me (up to 10m/s).
Can a beta tester let me know who well it does? I won't be able to fly for a couple weeks.
Make sure to watchout for objects---it won't avoid them like the P4 [emoji16]

The p4 won't avoid either. Unless straight ahead. Hehe. It says it also improves that sorry screen recorder. I will see. It crashes on me last time. 10.000 ft out. Had to come home blind.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Is there a maximum distance between waypoints in Litchi?
Is there a maximum distance between the last waypoint and the first waypoint in Litchi?

Is there a maximum distance between waypoints in Litchi?
Is there a maximum distance between the last waypoint and the first waypoint in Litchi?
Max between waypoints is 2000 meters.

Max total length of mission for all waypoints is 10,000 meters, limited by P3 firmware the last I tested it. That may have changed since then or be different for P4.

If you have set end of mission as "Return to Waypoint 1" the last waypoint must be within 2000 meters of "1".

If that's not set, it can basically be anywhere. You can theoretically have a mission end 10,000 meters away, but you better have a good recovery plan since that would be a one way mission.

You need to be connected to Internet the first time you start the app, sometimes some users have issues with that step, in such a case trying a different internet connection usually solves it.
Hi,
I'm having the same issue. Uninstalled and installed several times, no success. connected to a phone for different internet service, no success. Any idea?
I just bought it.

Thanks

Just got my P3P last week, read almost all of this thread... Since I was thinking of getting an inexpensive tablet for my P3P, and after seeing what the differences are between Android and iOS, I am starting to think I should get an Android tablet instead of iOS. I am currently using my iPhone 6+ with DJI GO, but was looking for a bigger screen. I'll have to now read up on inexpensive, but compatible, tablets for Litchi/DJI GO....

I wondered why one mission refused to launch. For some reason the distance between consecutive waypoints (including between last WP and first WP) must be within 0.5m to 2000m. Obviously I had very carefully placed the first and the last waypoint to the same spot less than 0.5m apart.

I'm having the same issue. Uninstalled and installed several times, no success. connected to a phone for different internet service, no success. Any idea?
For the DJI server check, it's only required the first time after installation, if you are having troubles with your internet connection, restart the app and try again, or try with a different internet connection. Be aware that yesterday DJI had server issues which may be the reason you could not get past that error. Their servers seem to be back online now.

I wondered why one mission refused to launch. For some reason the distance between consecutive waypoints (including between last WP and first WP) must be within 0.5m to 2000m. Obviously I had very carefully placed the first and the last waypoint to the same spot less than 0.5m apart.
A link to the mission on the Hub (Mission Hub - Litchi) would help.

Max between waypoints is 2000 meters.

Max total length of mission for all waypoints is 10,000 meters, limited by P3 firmware the last I tested it. That may have changed since then or be different for P4.

If you have set end of mission as "Return to Waypoint 1" the last waypoint must be within 2000 meters of "1".

If that's not set, it can basically be anywhere. You can theoretically have a mission end 10,000 meters away, but you better have a good recovery plan since that would be a one way mission.

I have been trying to do a straight 2 waypoints mission. Waypoints 1 is my back yard and waypoint 2 is my friends backyard 2.25 miles away and then back to waypoint 1.
It does not do the mission and says the distance limit is higher than the limit.
So I am going to do what you say and set the end of mission to return to home point and see.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dlr11164