Litchi now on iOS

I am beta testing litchi ver 1.2.0 this last weekend was a good weekend and very nice weather so I got many flights in and I had a few problems one problem was I wanted to do a range check compare it against the DJI go ap I got out a little ways when the signal started to interrupt I turned around to come back and came back fine but the apps kept on saying disconnected even that the video was live and working fine I had no updated map and a kept on saying disconnected over and over even that I had telemetry with battery and my signal at 100% litchi would repeat this connected over and over I will try to upload to YouTube the screen recording.
Second problem I had trying to repeat the first one on a different iOS device my iPad the first one was on a iPhone 6s Plus on this time I had A bad video feed on the way back my map work correctly all telemetry was correct but the video feed was messed up I will also upload this video to YouTube and put a link.

I am beta testing litchi ver 1.2.0 this last weekend was a good weekend and very nice weather so I got many flights in and I had a few problems one problem was I wanted to do a range check compare it against the DJI go ap I got out a little ways when the signal started to interrupt I turned around to come back and came back fine but the apps kept on saying disconnected even that the video was live and working fine I had no updated map and a kept on saying disconnected over and over even that I had telemetry with battery and my signal at 100% litchi would repeat this connected over and over I will try to upload to YouTube the screen recording.
Second problem I had trying to repeat the first one on a different iOS device my iPad the first one was on a iPhone 6s Plus on this time I had A bad video feed on the way back my map work correctly all telemetry was correct but the video feed was messed up I will also upload this video to YouTube and put a link.
I don't understand, isn't this an official release now for days?

I have been testing the beta version for a while now too. I have two specific jobs for Litchi - one to record a POI and the other is to map a 30 mile long canal. The POI job couldn't be replicated by using waypoints as the footage was to jerky and not as smooth as GO's POI. But I get that it wasn't designed for that.

The second application, mapping the route of the canal is where I have been concentrating. I want to set off at one point and drive to the end point, assuming manual control of the phantom at the end point and landing it. I have broken the route up into multiple sections, each one about 12-13 minutes. The litchi app should be perfect for this, as long as the altitude is ok, as it (obviously) doesn't take into account variations in terrain difference, but given that it's a canal, that shouldn't be an issue. The fear is though, if something goes wrong and it decides to RTH, the home point would be where I took off from.

It's not possible to change the home point in Litchi, so what I have been doing in testing is to set off a mission, then exiting Litchi and using GO. That way the home point can be changed to where the remote is. Actually, I find GO to be a better screen, less clunky and it connects far quicker. Litchi takes ages to connect and sometimes it is necessary to turn everything off and back on again in order to get it to connect.

It's not possible to change the home point in Litchi, so what I have been doing in testing is to set off a mission, then exiting Litchi and using GO. That way the home point can be changed to where the remote is. Actually, I find GO to be a better screen, less clunky and it connects far quicker. Litchi takes ages to connect and sometimes it is necessary to turn everything off and back on again in order to get it to connect.
You can move the home point by dragging it to wherever you want it to be (has to be done while aircraft is in the air).
Litchi will connect fast if DJI Go is not running in the background.

With regard to the turn it off and back on in order to connect, do you find that often the map just shows as blank and you have to close the app and restart for it to show up? That is the common annoyance I have found so far with the beta. I do like being able to do the waypoints in a browser and save it then later load it up in the app. One thing I found with doing it in the browser, I load up a previous waypoint mission, then modify it and when I go to save it I use a different name, I would assume it saves the new one and leaves the old one intact but I have found the old one is no longer there, not what I expected would be nice if you could build missions from an old one as the base and not have the previous disappear.

I have been testing the beta version for a while now too. I have two specific jobs for Litchi - one to record a POI and the other is to map a 30 mile long canal. The POI job couldn't be replicated by using waypoints as the footage was to jerky and not as smooth as GO's POI. But I get that it wasn't designed for that.

The second application, mapping the route of the canal is where I have been concentrating. I want to set off at one point and drive to the end point, assuming manual control of the phantom at the end point and landing it. I have broken the route up into multiple sections, each one about 12-13 minutes. The litchi app should be perfect for this, as long as the altitude is ok, as it (obviously) doesn't take into account variations in terrain difference, but given that it's a canal, that shouldn't be an issue. The fear is though, if something goes wrong and it decides to RTH, the home point would be where I took off from.

You can move the home point by dragging it to wherever you want it to be (has to be done while aircraft is in the air).
Litchi will connect fast if DJI Go is not running in the background.

I tried that, but it's seriously awkward. It's easier just to switch to Go. Also awkward is moving a waypoint on the app. I couldn't get it to happen while testing last week so I gave up.

I always kill all open programmes before starting either GO or Litchi. On Sunday while I was testing, Litchi plain would not connect. No other apps open. This was with version 1.2.0 on iPhone 6 using iOS 9.2.1. I had to switch everything off and back on again. Then it connected.

I find Go connects straight away, but Litchi takes a good while.

With regard to the turn it off and back on in order to connect, do you find that often the map just shows as blank and you have to close the app and restart for it to show up? That is the common annoyance I have found so far with the beta. I do like being able to do the waypoints in a browser and save it then later load it up in the app. One thing I found with doing it in the browser, I load up a previous waypoint mission, then modify it and when I go to save it I use a different name, I would assume it saves the new one and leaves the old one intact but I have found the old one is no longer there, not what I expected would be nice if you could build missions from an old one as the base and not have the previous disappear.

The map sometimes doesn't load up at all. Where I test has a phone signal, but it's not 3G or 4G unfortunately. The Go app loads up the map almost instantly.

I'm still confused over the newest release which is 1.2.0 and you guys referring to a beta with the same number.

Why would anyone be treating a public release as a beta? Granted I'm not familiar with the beta process or the test flight app. Also I have no trouble opening either the go app or litchi on my air2 at 9.1,however I have not upgraded past 1.10 for litchi yet. Been waiting to hear flight reports before I do.

The map sometimes doesn't load up at all. Where I test has a phone signal, but it's not 3G or 4G unfortunately. The Go app loads up the map almost instantly.

I don't think its related to signal (Map being blank when Litchi App opening) because it happens when I am using it in my yard and I have a wifi internet connection to the device (Ipad Air 2). With regard to the speed of the app connecting I do notice that there is a delay but had not really compared it to the Go app, which starts often with a screen you have to skip and then have to hit the connect button ...but maybe that is just how my Go app is setup...

I don't think its related to signal (Map being blank when Litchi App opening) because it happens when I am using it in my yard and I have a wifi internet connection to the device (Ipad Air 2). With regard to the speed of the app connecting I do notice that there is a delay but had not really compared it to the Go app, which starts often with a screen you have to skip and then have to hit the connect button ...but maybe that is just how my Go app is setup...

It's a PITA whatever it is! :D:D:D

Reactions: xardoz
The blank maps will be fixed in next version (has to go through the apple review).

Last edited:
Just realized that in healthydrones.com it seems that the battery info isn't associated with the battery as in my logs from DJI Go. For example I have 4 batteries #1-#4. The logs for my Litchi flights all say "Default Phantom 3 Battery". It seems that internal and printed s/n aren't transferred from Litchi to healthydrones. Can we get that fixed please?

Edit: It seems my most recent Litchi mission on 31 Jan had the battery info right. Was this fixed in v1.2.0?

Last edited:
Edit: It seems my most recent Litchi mission on 31 Jan had the battery info right. Was this fixed in v1.2.0?
Battery serials should work except for Inspire 1 aircrafts where we disabled it as it can crash the app. DJI bug.

The Mission Hub provides the elevation of the terrain at the selected waypoint. It is in the pop-up window in fine print. I don't find it in the app though, at least iOS version.
I also hadn't noticed that. It will save a lot of mission planning time for sure, especially with the automatic syncing with the app!

Last edited:
@Kaehn I wonder if it would be possible to give us an approximate timescale for future feature releases?

As is stands, the iOS version is really only useful for waypoints, whereas the Android version has waypoints, POI, Follow me, camera settings, course lock, home lock, panorama etc etc.- all for (seemingly) the same price.

It would be good to know when these features will be (or indeed, even if they are planned to be) released.

Reactions: AUSPETE
Oh yes! Orbit mode at last! Woo hoo!

It's only for beta users right now :)

I'd like to thank Kaehn and the Litchi Team for continuing to update the iOS product. I anxiously awaited for the beta and then the official release and have nothing but praise for the product. They are working any bugs out quickly and bringing other features and capabilities to us at a good pace. A lot of people complaining that it's not as feature packed as the Android version, that's true but it will get there, I have complete faith in it. I feel like the complaints aren't really valid because it's a separate product and is still growing and it's not like he mis-advertised the product like DJI. Remember follow me being touted before it was available? Nice work guys!

Reactions: Erroll
Excuse me, when you gonna add camera settings to iOS version? As far as I know Android version supports time laplse with interval 3s. And DJI Go allows only 5s.

It's only for beta users right now :)

I'd like to thank Kaehn and the Litchi Team for continuing to update the iOS product. I anxiously awaited for the beta and then the official release and have nothing but praise for the product. They are working any bugs out quickly and bringing other features and capabilities to us at a good pace. A lot of people complaining that it's not as feature packed as the Android version, that's true but it will get there, I have complete faith in it. I feel like the complaints aren't really valid because it's a separate product and is still growing and it's not like he mis-advertised the product like DJI. Remember follow me being touted before it was available? Nice work guys!

I can say the same thing, use Litchi all the time, first on androide and now on IOS, great product, never a problem, mission hub is superb, keep up the good work and support.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart