Litchi now on iOS

Ran my first Litchi waypoint mission last night in 10 degree (f) weather with 18mph wind.

The whole mission was flown over a lake in the pitch black of night, to boot. So I literally put ALL MY FAITH in both the Litchi software and my P3A. Round trip the mission was 2 miles. Fully charged the battery and warmed it up by placing it over a heater register for 15 min. Bundled up and went outside.

Glad to report the mission was FLAWLESS. My father in law was blown away that I could program a mission and have it fly off by itself. Great app!!

However, it is critical that Litchi add the battery AND voltage readings to the app. Since it was so cold during my flight, I would've loved to be able to monitor the voltage readings during the mission. Peace of mind if anything.

Just tried the beta. Battery indication was at 72% on the app, but the controller was beeping battery low. I brought the bird in and yes the battery was flat. The app said 72% available. Other then that the beta worked great.

I keep both apps open without issue but my first litchi flight, flawless btw, I didn't switch back to the go app during the mission to see what it looks like. Can you do that and check on battery voltage? Ideally yes, it should be an option to show in litchi.

Also, any hints on how to make the camera pitch smoother? Currently I have default set to interpolate but of course set points to poi when needed. Sometimes the camera tilt is a little fast and not as slow and smooth as I would like. Would it be better to set certain points to poi get get the direction and camera angle set and then set it to interpolate for smooth tilt? Perhaps a couple extra points before a severe tilt down to help ease the transition to make the tilt slower? Any hints would be appreciated.

I see Litchi is in the app store! Just bought my copy, can't wait to try it out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

How are people finding the IOS version, the reviews in the App store were not positive so I'm looking for first hand reviews

I had a few missions over the weekend. Some thoughts.

When planning a mission if you're planning on moving yourself between the start and finish of the mission (I wanted to begin at point A, have the phantom complete a course and I would pick it up at point B) (Yes, I have a reason for wanting to do this), be very careful about selecting the correct height. I had set the mission to 30m thinking that would be enough to clear all the surrounding trees - WRONG!

I forgot about the variation in height from the take off point to the pickup site. Thankfully I was able to rescue it before it ran smack into a big tree that was about 5m above my max height. Phew!

Secondly, when pre-planning a mission, there doesn't appear to be a facility to get the phantom to point to the next waypoint. There is an option in the app - choose auto - but not on the desktop version in settings. At least not that I could see.

Apart from that, the mission flew perfectly.

Oh and sync with HealthyDrones does not work on iOS versions yet.

Can you throw in a 1/3 grid for the monitor in your next release. Would be nice.
Yes Please.

Also, since you're at it, could we have an ability to set the F Stop difference between AEB Shots. The GO App gives us one fixed setting where manual setting options would greatly improve our results.

A feature I would really like is the ability to enter latitude/longitude for waypoints and POIs. Ground Station for the Phantom 2 Vision had this.

A feature I would really like is the ability to enter latitude/longitude for waypoints and POIs. Ground Station for the Phantom 2 Vision had this.
Why not try our Mission Hub ? You can edit coordinates on it.

How do you access flight logs to send to healthy drones using Litchi (IOS)? Is it the same process as the GO app? (Hook up device to iTunes and extract flight logs?)

How do you access flight logs to send to healthy drones using Litchi (IOS)? Is it the same process as the GO app? (Hook up device to iTunes and extract flight logs?)
You can set it to upload automatically in the settings with your user token (you can get that in your healthydrones.com account settings).
If you want to do it manually, you will have to use iTunes yes.

You can set it to upload automatically in the settings with your user token (you can get that in your healthydrones.com account settings).
If you want to do it manually, you will have to use iTunes yes.

Figured it out with token & automatic upload. Super easy! Thanks!

@Kaehn - having a bit of an issue. I made a mission on desktop - then downloaded it to the app and flew it. All worked well except that the aircraft didn't point towards the next waypoint, just kept focusing on a (variable) point in space. Just a test at this stage so no worries. I fixed the settings in the app so that the flight has the aircraft pointing to the next waypoint, but on the desktop version nothing has changed. Tried all the usual stuff, logging out and back in again, waiting a while to see, but nothing.

Any ideas? Also, I can't see anywhere in the desktop version to amend the settings to point to the next waypoint. All latest firmware, version 1.2.0, iPhone 6 on 9.2.1

Any ideas? Also, I can't see anywhere in the desktop version to amend the settings to point to the next waypoint. All latest firmware, version 1.2.0, iPhone 6 on 9.2.1
The heading mode setting is not editable online, this is because it is one of those settings you would generally just change prior to executing the mission and it has no real effect on the planning.
By default in the online planner the heading mode is custom which allows for POIs (if the heading mode was set to Auto via the app, it will not be reflected in the UI on the planner), if you decide that you want to use Auto in the end, change it in the app before starting the mission.

Reactions: happydays
I purchased the iOS app, but did not realize that there is no sync with Mission Hub unless I am using a Beta version. Can I get the Beta version, and I assume it would replace the current app on the tablet?

I purchased the iOS app, but did not realize that there is no sync with Mission Hub unless I am using a Beta version. Can I get the Beta version, and I assume it would replace the current app on the tablet?
Sync is available in 1.1.0 which was released 2 days ago.

Sync is available in 1.1.0 which was released 2 days ago.
Can't believe I missed it. Awesome! All the missions I've been working at on the desktop pc now show up in my air2. Woo! Thanks! Please try and expand the ios version. That would be great.

Can you confirm that all camera exposure settings that you set in the go app will carry over (stick) when opening ios litchi? Thanks.

Can you confirm that all camera exposure settings that you set in the go app will carry over (stick) when opening ios litchi? Thanks.
Yes, these are saved in the aircraft.

Just tried to fly a known and previously used mission with Inspire and X5. This was before today's release of (60). No matter what altitude I was at I got mission failed - altitude to high. I tried from ground level and got the not in the air message. What gives?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl