Litchi now on iOS

Depending on your device, you may want to try disabling hardware decoding in the settings. Other than that, make sure you are connected to internet the first time you start the app, and it should just connect if you are using one of the latest firmwares on rc/aircraft. There is no need to reset usb defaults on iOS.

I think the problem my be that I am using an Inspire with an X5 camera? Will the software eventually support the X5?

I think the problem my be that I am using an Inspire with an X5 camera? Will the software eventually support the X5?
At this time the Inspire1 Pro is not supported by the SDK and so it is not supported by Litchi either, when DJI adds it to the SDK (we don't know when), we will add support for it.

A new beta version (1.0.9) is available via TestFlight with account login/registration and mission sync across all of your devices and the Mission Hub when logged in

Using degrees to set heading to each waypoint is cumbersome/confusing. Also, despite switching to imperial in the app, can I trust that the # I put in for Return to Home altitude actually IS in feet, not meters? It doesn't specify the value (m or ft) just the number.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Just a thought, see if you can enter 600 as the rth alt... 500m should be the limit in the dji SDK for metric so if its likely feet.

The most frustrating thing with software (for me at least) is confidence in the settings and behaviour. Esp when i consider the consequences.

A new beta version (1.0.9) is available via TestFlight with account login/registration and mission sync across all of your devices and the Mission Hub when logged in
Is sync only available with the beta version? I see it says you can sync when you save a mission in mission hub, but how do I sign into the mobile IOS app?? I just open it and see no sign in really, unless I go to help in the app and it dumps me out to litchi where I can sign in like I'm online. However no sync has happened when I step back to the app. How do you syn IOS in my air2?

Hmmm, trying to sync files - I too get the token request. I can see the token on the website, but on the app when I click on Sync with HealthyDrones now there's no option to input a user token.

I find the app generally clunky and not as slick as DJI's GO. I find it really difficult to set up a mission on a pc/mac and transfer it to the FPV device. All of the heights were different when they transferred.

I wish there was a way to link the accounts together so that a mission created on desktop can be transferred automatically to the app.

Also I note that on the desktop version, there's no facility to include a POI so that waypoints can look towards it. There is on the app.

Basically, I'm trying to set up a mission that records a POI that can be repeated weekly or whatever. Not easy to do on Litchi!

Hmmm, trying to sync files - I too get the token request. I can see the token on the website, but on the app when I click on Sync with HealthyDrones now there's no option to input a user token.
You seem to be mixing up 2 different things, the healthydrones flight logs sync which requires a token (a Healthydrones account), and the mission files sync which requires a litchi or facebook account and is only available in the beta version 1.0.9.

I find the app generally clunky and not as slick as DJI's GO. I find it really difficult to set up a mission on a pc/mac and transfer it to the FPV device. All of the heights were different when they transferred.
That is what the automatic sync we are adding in the next version is for, you won't have to do anything, and it will just appear in your mobile device assuming you are logged in. Heights should stay exactly the same when transferring a file manually or automatically (with beta version), provided the mission was saved.

I wish there was a way to link the accounts together so that a mission created on desktop can be transferred automatically to the app.
I must be misunderstanding, but which accounts do you want to link together? In theory you should only have one Litchi account. As for the automatic transfer, it's in beta and coming soon.

Also I note that on the desktop version, there's no facility to include a POI so that waypoints can look towards it. There is on the app.
With regards to mission planning, what you can do in the app, you can do in the Mission Hub, and more. Right click to add a POI in the Mission Hub.

You seem to be mixing up 2 different things, the healthydrones flight logs sync which requires a token (a Healthydrones account), and the mission files sync which requires a litchi or facebook account and is only available in the beta version 1.0.9.

That is what the automatic sync we are adding in the next version is for, you won't have to do anything, and it will just appear in your mobile device assuming you are logged in. Heights should stay exactly the same when transferring a file manually or automatically (with beta version), provided the mission was saved.

I must be misunderstanding, but which accounts do you want to link together? In theory you should only have one Litchi account. As for the automatic transfer, it's in beta and coming soon.

With regards to mission planning, what you can do in the app, you can do in the Mission Hub, and more. Right click to add a POI in the Mission Hub.

I look forward to the next version!

Hmmm, I don't ever recall the Litchi app asking me to input any details - but the desktop version certainly did. That's maybe why I'm confused? I don't see a link between the desktop version and the app.They look like two separate entities to me.

They look like two separate entities to me.
They aren't separate, they use the same accounts. But you cannot login in the iOS app yet (unless you have the beta version).

They aren't separate, they use the same accounts. But you cannot login in the iOS app yet (unless you have the beta version).

Well that would explain a lot!

Your instant replies are MUCH appreciated.

I'm keen to get using this app for a project I have been working on. I'm in the process of making a video record of a huge big tree in our local park to record the seasonal changes. Since last August, I go out every two weeks, set up a POI using DJI Go, set the height, radius and speed to the same values and do a double circle. Then I take a clip from the recording and edit it together so when the clip is complete, it will show the tree going through the seasonal change as I rotate around it. It's working quite well. However, it depends upon the POI being in exactly the same position.

That's where the Litchi app comes in. If I can create a waypoints mission using the POi, all I have to do is click on Go and it will record exactly the same footage - job done. It'll save a lot of faffing around with GO trying to get the POI in exactly the same spot - which incidentally isn't that easy as the tree lost its foliage and with it reference points!

Looking forward to the next version.

Sync works like a charm.
Keep up the good work [emoji106]

Hmm @Kaehn Thanks for the invite to Beta, but I can see no difference.

Here's what I did. Deleted the original app - clicked on your link,and installed TestFlight. This then allows me to open Litchi - version 1.0.9.

However to upload a mission, or to save one I have to use the iFunBox method exactly the same way as before. What am I doing wrong?

You should no longer need to transfer manually with 1.0.9, simply login to your account by tapping on the top left Litchi icon.

Looking forward to sync, but I'll wait for the public release. Also it would be cool if you could draw the mission in the hub like you can in the app.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jakob08z