Litchi Mission Won't Start

Reaction score
I'm having a problem with a waypoint mission. I will do another test today but basically it just would not start after hitting go. It's a normal mission. Short flight, not too far away. Just orbiting a stretch of land and coming back to me. In the past, I have hit go and would wait up to 3 minutes before it would take off. I'm assuming uploading the mission to the aircraft. But the problem I had this time is that nothing happens. No error message or anything. I hit go at 100% battery and I'm still waiting as the aircraft just sits there draining battery down to 94% before I give up. I do some manual flying to finish out that battery and then try again with a new battery. Hit go at 100% and just wait and wait. No errors, just sitting there. Any ideas?

Check Mode Switch - Make sure you changed from P to F.

Press the "Play" button located in the left button bar to show the mission preflight report. If the mission is valid, you will be able to tap the Go button in the report window to start the mission. Important When initiated the aircraft will first rise to 6m altitude if it is below that threshold, then proceed to the first waypoint in a direct path. Make sure there are no obstacles between the aircraft's initial location and the first waypoint. If the aircraft is grounded when starting a mission, it will only take off if the 'automatic take off' general setting is enabled.

Check Mode Switch - Make sure you changed from P to F.

Press the "Play" button located in the left button bar to show the mission preflight report. If the mission is valid, you will be able to tap the Go button in the report window to start the mission. Important When initiated the aircraft will first rise to 6m altitude if it is below that threshold, then proceed to the first waypoint in a direct path. Make sure there are no obstacles between the aircraft's initial location and the first waypoint. If the aircraft is grounded when starting a mission, it will only take off if the 'automatic take off' general setting is enabled.
I'll have to check that automatic take off setting. I tried everything else but I didn't check that setting yet. This is the first time that I have had this problem. I've done 7 other missions and this one is just confusing me.

Last edited:
AFAIK Litchi limitations are:

- Litchi missions need F-mode.

- Max distance and max altitude DJI GO app settings are respected (there might be a rounding error so while 120m does not work, 110m does).

500m = 1640 feet max consumer drone altitude
120m = 400 feet max FAA drone altitude
46m = 150 feet my min tree/neigbour-safe altitude
25m = 83 feet people's property ends at this altitude

- 3D distance between consecutive waypoints (including between last WP and first WP) must be within 0.5m to 2000m (in one mission I had very carefully put the 1st and the last waypoint on top of each other -- apparently this is not allowed for some reason).

- If you have set end of mission as "Return to Waypoint 1" the last waypoint must be within 2000m of "1".

- AFAIK max total length of mission for all waypoints is 10km = 6.2 miles.

- If the AC loses RC connection it will continue the waypoints.

- If the AC loses RC and GPS connection (depending on how many satellites left) it hovers and lands when the battery runs out.

- Litchi will slow down the planned horizontal speed so the AC has enough time time to ascent over an obstacle if the next waypoint is directly above the obstacle (NOT after the obstacle). It will maintain the 3D path by slowing down horizontal speed to reach a programmed altitude. (P3P max speed 16 m/s = 57.6 km/h = 35.8 mph. Max ascent speed 5 m/s = 18 km/h = 11.2 mph, max descent speed 3 m/s = 10.8 km/h = 6.7 mph).

So I tried it again today. It took off without a problem but a quarter way into the mission the recording stopped so I brought it back, topped off the battery, then tried again. Right back to square one. I hit go and it just sits there and does nothing. I waited 10 minutes. Does this happen to anybody else?

Yep It's happening to me. Seems to take 5mins or more to load the mission. And there is heaps of lag to recording and stopping. Anyone have any ideas??

Yep It's happening to me. Seems to take 5mins or more to load the mission. And there is heaps of lag to recording and stopping. Anyone have any ideas??

Strange, I flew three missions last night without a hitch. However......I never use auto take. I start flying using the DJI App. When I get close to my starting point I switch over to Litchi, bring up my mission, and hit Play.

I think my problem was partly my phone (Galaxy S3). I've had problems with freezing or app crash before. I finally got the inspire tablet holder on my controller so I can use my tablet now (Galaxy Tab 3 Lite) which works great with both Litchi and GO app. But I think there are some bugs that need fixed because the mission finally started, pretty quick actually with the tablet, but the POIs were a little glitchy. Hope everything works again soon because I love the waypoint mission feature.

A few days ago I initially had a Litchi mission that failed to start twice ("timeout" alert or something like that -- I wish I could save those alerts) although I had very carefully triple-checked it before.

This was my longest mission sofar (1.6 + 1.6km, 5min) so I thought I had missed something. The AC was at the 100m mission start altitude above with good video feed to the tablet. Before my third and final attempt I aimed the RC antennas to the AC more carefully, and to my surprise the mission loaded and completed successfully.

I'm having a problem with a waypoint mission. I will do another test today but basically it just would not start after hitting go. It's a normal mission. Short flight, not too far away. Just orbiting a stretch of land and coming back to me. In the past, I have hit go and would wait up to 3 minutes before it would take off. I'm assuming uploading the mission to the aircraft. But the problem I had this time is that nothing happens. No error message or anything. I hit go at 100% battery and I'm still waiting as the aircraft just sits there draining battery down to 94% before I give up. I do some manual flying to finish out that battery and then try again with a new battery. Hit go at 100% and just wait and wait. No errors, just sitting there. Any ideas?
I was wondering if you solved your issue with the mission not starting. I've tried this with several different missions, but I have been successful only once. I upload the mission... get the GO button... push it, and nothing happens. Is there a way to know that the mission has been fully loaded?

How are you guys loading a Litchi mission? I think this is my problem.
I finish planning a mission at Litchi hub, name it & hit save. An hour later, with the bird in the air, F-mode, auto take off & while hovering, about 15 meters, I hit load mission & the mission names come up, I hit forest5 for instance & nothing happens, I think, although the title shows, the mission is not loading from the hub to my mobile device, that simple. I did try a 2nd & 3rd time.
I;m hoping somewhere in Litchi HELP they show an alternative way to make the mission load from the hub to a device or am I doing something wrong?
(Note- Litchi worked quite well for me a week ago)

Sorry...I'm iOS only. Works just fine for me but I have no android experience.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

I was wondering if you solved your issue with the mission not starting. I've tried this with several different missions, but I have been successful only once. I upload the mission... get the GO button... push it, and nothing happens. Is there a way to know that the mission has been fully loaded?
Sorry for slow reply. Busy week at work. But my issue seemed to resolve after the next Litchi update. This was awhile back so there have been a few updates since then. From my research back then, it seemed to be a bug. I don't know what version I have now but I haven't been flying missions for a few weeks so I couldn't tell you if I'm having any mission problems at this time.

I thought I had my issues solved, I checked last night & mission titles downloads to my monitor. Went to fly one just now & hit title- load, screen came up showing the route, 6 waypoints, 4 poi;s, all looked correct. I hit GO & off my bird went- straight over waypoint # 1 & at full speed out over a forest, monitor view gave me a beautuiful view of treetops flying by, into P mode stopped that fun.
Funny, when I brought her back & turned off my bird the monitor pipes up- "Lost transmission, mission load was unsuccessful". First time I;ve noticed the battery level of my monitor was extremely low & tablet was very hot.
Waiting till dusk & will try a mission that we loaded with success, last night.
the unsucssesful flight today, I had just loaded minutes before I went up

I am having problems with my Litchi Way points loading to the aircraft. I put the air craft into the air switch from P mode, press play way point that is set up. It begins to load to the aircraft and then tells me there has been an error and that the air craft is too high yet it is only a few feet away.
Can any one help me. Is there a setting that I am missing?

Update, flew yesterday & after loading a mission, once in the air, I get a vocal warning - Mission did not load, but the bird is off going in the right direction so I leave her alone & she fly's mission perfectly. I did have to load twice as I could tell the first try didn't have any effect, so I;m assuming the first time didn't "take" & the 2nd try at loading did!

... It begins to load to the aircraft and then tells me there has been an error and that the air craft is too high yet it is only a few feet away.
Can any one help me. Is there a setting that I am missing?
I know this is an old thread but for those with the same problem, here's an explanation. It's not telling you that your aircraft is too high. It's telling you that one or more of your waypoints is set to an altitude above your max altitude setting. Two ways to fix it: 1. In your mission, change the altitude of your waypoints (set them lower) or, 2. Close Litchi. Open DJI Go and wait for it to connect. Increase your max altitude setting to be higher than the height of your highest waypoint. Close DJI Go. Re-open Litchi, wait for it to connect, then load your mission.

I had the same issue. While trying to figure it out, I noticed one of my waypoints was set to 402 ft. My max altitude in DJI Go was set to 120 m so 402 ft was above that. I lowered the waypoint to 390 ft and the mission loaded.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl