Litchi Mission Lost Phantom

Looking at the logs, there's repetition in the home point being reset. Was dynamic home point turned on?

I'm wondering if when you got in your chase vehicle it caught your home point somewhere in transit and aborted and headed to one of those interim home points.

I see home point updates at:
1m 30.6s
2m 52.6s
3m 0.7s
3m 2.7s

Looks like Dynamic home point was set to me?
Maybe it wasn't the case, but I can envision setting the bird on it's mission and jumping in the car to chase it and this happening. Heck, I'd do it.
What I do fid odd though was dropping into ATTI when it clearly says it had 11-12 sats locked.

Very sorry you lost your drone, I am new to drones but not aviation and am also looking at a low cost tracking unit. But I am a little confused in that you list you own a P3 Standard that came from Target. If that is the case, I have to wonder why you were flying so far away when the stock P3S is only rated for about 1/2 a mile as it does not have the Lightbridge long range system like the P4. Am I missing something here.
Yes like Grammaton Cleric already mentioned, he was running a Litchi (App) mission which allows you to program missions way beyond your radio range. And it is hard to get used to at first. As you lose contact with your Phantom and it isn't RTH. It just continues on its own on the rest of the mission. And Litchi tells you about how long in minutes it will be back (if in the mission it is programmed to come back). You could program it to fly to China if you want. It will go like about 12 miles towards China and then drop because the battery will be dead.

Here's a cool Litchi mission video by the way. He had two Phantom 3 Standards running the same mission, but one was slightly higher than the first one.

Reactions: Rnl and Neon Euc
Looking at the logs, there's repetition in the home point being reset. Was dynamic home point turned on?

I'm wondering if when you got in your chase vehicle it caught your home point somewhere in transit and aborted and headed to one of those interim home points.

1m 30.6s
2m 52.6s
3m 0.7s
3m 2.7s

Maybe it wasn't the case, but I can envision setting the bird on it's mission and jumping in the car to chase it and this happening. Heck, I'd do it.
What I do fid odd though was dropping into ATTI when it clearly says it had 11-12 sats locked.
Very interesting...

Very sorry you lost your drone, I am new to drones but not aviation and am also looking at a low cost tracking unit. But I am a little confused in that you list you own a P3 Standard that came from Target. If that is the case, I have to wonder why you were flying so far away when the stock P3S is only rated for about 1/2 a mile as it does not have the Lightbridge long range system like the P4. Am I missing something here.
Go to flylitchi.com and read all about it. If Litchi loses contact with the RC during a mission, it will continue the mission as planned (assuming the battery life allows it). That's one of its coolest features. You MUST get it!

Reactions: Vega
My litch 50th flight at 800 feet out 150 feet high, good battery full rc control , 14 Sattelites, just went into landing, don't know why, dropped to 17 feet , I took control with left stick , then press RTH. . So how do you get flight logs .. I like to see why.
Hope you find yours

Sorry for your loss, having my investment out of sight scares me to death.... I bought a Trackimo tracker that has a bracket that snaps to my P4P legs.. I can look up it's location on my phone! Battery life of about a week
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01LZ4LUQ7/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
That battery life for the Trackimo is not completely right, I have one. With it turned on and pulling power for both GPS and cell service, there's no way it's going to last that long. Now if you have the auto update turned off, meaning it's not going to report it's location until you ask it via the app, it should last longer. I charge it to full before every flight and have come to the conclusion the GPS part of it never goes off, even it powered off. And it's only the cell service part that's being turned off. So you need to top off the battery before every fight.

Last edited:

1m 30.6s
2m 52.6s
3m 0.7s
3m 2.7s

Good point, think you found something here. Hope the OP reads this and checks their setting. I have my Dynamic setting turned off always.

We'd all be wearing "Agent Smith sunglasses" and say there's been a "Accident of radiological magnitude" and they'd scatter...

I'm uploading a video of that mission in 3-D to you tube. It shows several "Non-tree clearance" moments..

Reactions: JohnnyB
My litch 50th flight at 800 feet out 150 feet high, good battery full rc control , 14 Sattelites, just went into landing, don't know why, dropped to 17 feet , I took control with left stick , then press RTH. . So how do you get flight logs .. I like to see why.
Hope you find yours
You know, there is something that really bugs me with Litchi missions that be easily fixed in the software. That is to edit a mission, you should only be able to if you hit an edit button. As it is so easy to add extra waypoints by accident just while loading and running them.

You know, there is something that really bugs me with Litchi missions that be easily fixed in the software. That is to edit a mission, you should only be able to if you hit an edit button. As it is so easy to add extra waypoints by accident just while loading and running them.
Have read that on other posts as well, that it needs a lock switch.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jorge sanchez