Litchi Mission Lost Phantom

Sorry, "exremetm," but if the bird was out of RF contact, he wouldn't have any image recorded on his tablet, and since he doesn't have the bird, of course he can't look at the SD card!
I have lost mine before, when I was documenting the beach erosion at Edisto Beach after Hurricane Matthew, but I had it programmed to come back if it needs lost contact, fortunately it did but once was close because it was almost out of power.
I have never flown a Litchi mission, because I have never gotten past the step where it has to verify my account on the DJi servers. I don't know why, I have tried it at home with a known - good wifi signal, I have tried it in the field using my mobile hotspot, nothing works! It's very frustrating, and I haven't gotten any response to my emails to Litchi support either. All around, not happy with that app, so after seeing this thread, I'm SO GLAD that I never trusted my P3 Pro with that software!
I certainly hope you find your bird, but at best least you don't have as much invested in it like if it was a P3Pro, a P4 or an Inspire.

Sent from my SGP612 using PhantomPilots mobile app
Hey Sky Is The Limit. My experience exactly with Litchi, the app not ever being able to "VERIFY" and with worthless help from the vendor. I have seen many ,many stories on here of lost birds, and W A Y more than you should have conain the word LITCHI somewhere in the discussion. I bought Litchi long ago but have never flown with it for that very reason. I have mentioned this before but all the FanBoys who still have their drones swear it is always operator error or anything besides Litchi, so I gave up my crusade. I still do not trust Litchi and am not seeing any new evidence that I can. It is not the only game in town for autonomous flight.

Reactions: Boone8466
A weird thing is the day before I send it on a mission that was to take it out just past the large building behind my house and around in a small circle back to home. It went up and headed just past the large building and I got the lost signal message. I used the find my aircraft on litchi and it had crash landed just before the fenced in solar area. Not sure why. Bird had a broken prop and some scrapes but was ok. Took home cleaned up recalibrated everything and she flew fine that night and early the next day, no issues.

I'm sorry, but your Phantom crashed with unknown reason and you just wiped it and did strange one way mission the next day?
Have you checked your home location and location where your last WP is?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Yeah, nothing really there, I have just been messing with Litchi, haven't even got a log file to test with.

Rod

@DaveD

Here is what your flight would have, much more detailed / data wise.

Phantom Log Viewer - PhantomHelp.com

You need to upload the .csv file that Litchi made on your mobile device, should be the same you loaded to HD I think.

Rod

Hey Sky Is The Limit. My experience exactly with Litchi, the app not ever being able to "VERIFY" and with worthless help from the vendor. I have seen many ,many stories on here of lost birds, and W A Y more than you should have conain the word LITCHI somewhere in the discussion. I bought Litchi long ago but have never flown with it for that very reason. I have mentioned this before but all the FanBoys who still have their drones swear it is always operator error or anything besides Litchi, so I gave up my crusade. I still do not trust Litchi and am not seeing any new evidence that I can. It is not the only game in town for autonomous flight.

You say yourself you have never used Litchi, why then would your opinion carry any weight. People that have hundreds of hours mapping, programming, and executing missions and flights and swear by the app are FanBoys? Why? The only thing Litchi is at fault for is giving the end user too much control. The software is clearly too advanced for some people, perhaps yourself included. The OP has the right attitude. He admits fault for trying such an ambitious flight (and not something Litchi is designed to do) so early in the learning curve of the software. Countless people lose their birds without ever having read the incredibly well put together help page on Litchi's site. I can say with confidence, it is your loss for not giving the software a shot. It's the single most powerful tool you can buy for these things. Just incredible.

And to the OP. Don't give up on Litchi or your lost bird. The elders here will almost certainly find the answer to your mystery and I would bet it's not the softwares fault. Good luck.

You say yourself you have never used Litchi, why then would your opinion carry any weight. People that have hundreds of hours mapping, programming, and executing missions and flights and swear by the app are FanBoys? Why? The only thing Litchi is at fault for is giving the end user too much control. The software is clearly far too advanced for some people, perhaps yourself included. The OP has the right attitude. He admits fault for trying such an ambitious flight (and not something Litchi is designed to do) so early in the learning curve of the software. Countless people lose their birds without ever having read the incredibly well put together help page on Litchi's site. I can say with confidence, it is your loss for not giving the software a shot. It's the single most powerful tool you can buy for these things. Just incredible.

And to the OP. Don't give up on it. The elders will almost certainly find the answer to your mystery and I would bet it's not the softwares fault. Good luck.
I think most of understand his non helpful post, we need to ignore these posts, that have no help finding the OP's Phantom.

Rod

For me I had one incident where the RTH failed and it hovered. Then I got video feed and it showed me the drone still hovering. Only happened once tho. Saying that it may have been a video lag and it may have been moving. I do know that if you go to the options and select RTH then when you lose it, it will RTH but the option then says hover. But then automatically switches to RTH when you take control of the drone again. But I done plenty of 6 min missions with no signal and it always came back. Only problem I have is 9/10 mission fails to upload.

Neon Euc

We should all just wait for the OP to post the needed files correctly. Looking at the mission along side the log file tells a pretty clear story usually. Some of these lost drone threads are amazing 30 pages in. Real detective work.

@Kirby Johnson

"What does Litchi do with lost GPS signal?
"

I really don't know, but I don't think loosing GPS was an issue, I have seen lots of logs that shows atti, gps over and over, the Nava-go to me is just stating its being controlled by the app, not the remote.

I want to learn all I can.

Rod

For me I had one incident where the RTH failed and it hovered. Then I got video feed and it showed me the drone still hovering. Only happened once tho. Saying that it may have been a video lag and it may have been moving. I do know that if you go to the options and select RTH then when you lose it, it will RTH but the option then says hover. But then automatically switches to RTH when you take control of the drone again. But I done plenty of 6 min missions with no signal and it always came back. Only problem I have is 9/10 mission fails to upload.

It is a fact that that all your "incidents" are caused by you.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

We should all just wait for the OP to post the needed files correctly. Looking at the mission along side the log file tells a pretty clear story usually. Some of these lost drone threads are amazing 30 pages in. Real detective work.
I have been trying figure out to share some of my missions, is the only way with FaceBook?

Rod

No. Log onto the mission hub on your computer. Open your missiond ... They will all be there. I think the 3rd column over is the link to your mission. Copy and paste it.

Your home point got updated 5 times
1483739303268.png

Neon Euc

I can't work out where the last update took place. Maybe that was the place it landed

Neon Euc

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robvalduga