Litchi Mission Lost Phantom

@DaveD

When you view your mission on the PC, you can see the numbers he is talking about at each waypoint, and I get it now, focus on that area looking for your phantom, I try to post something how understand it.

Rod

7jOUkgS.gif

watching this like a hawk

@DaveD

Ground is 286' Phantom 154'

WP# 1 Ground 286' Phantom 154' Above Ground 154'
WP# 2 Ground 303' Phantom 154' Above Ground 119' - 100' tree = 19' above the tree top.
WP# 3 Ground 418' Phantom 154' Above Ground 4' - 100' tree = -96' below the tree top
WP# 4 Ground 386' Phantom 154' Above Ground 39'
. . . . . . .
Your Brothers
WP# 8 Ground 407' Phantom 154, Above Ground 15'

@DaveD

Ground is 286' Phantom 154'

WP# 1 Ground 286' Phantom 154' Above Ground 154'
WP# 2 Ground 303' Phantom 154' Above Ground 119' - 100' tree = 19' above the tree top.
WP# 3 Ground 418' Phantom 154' Above Ground 4' - 100' tree = -96' below the tree top
WP# 4 Ground 386' Phantom 154' Above Ground 39'
. . . . . . .
Your Brothers
WP# 8 Ground 407' Phantom 154, Above Ground 15'
Ok Rod Thanks,
So in your opinion I should start looking between waypoint 2&3 probably? I see now that as I add waypoints it tells me the relative elevation to my starting point.

Last edited:
Ok Rod Thanks,
So in your opinion I should start looking between waypoint 2&3 probably?

How tall are the trees south east of the last place in the log, when I put a way point in the trees says ground level is 309'

So Ground 309' Phantom 154' Above Ground 155' so I guess you don't have trees in your area that tall. :rolleyes:

I guess that would be about the distance you would have lost your return data so never mind. :)

Any good trap shooters in the area ? :eek:

So yes go for what @jiggyb21 said!

Rod

Last edited:
How tall are the trees south east of the last place in the log, when I put a way point in the trees says ground level is 309'

So Ground 309' Phantom 154' Above Ground 155' so I guess you don't trees in your are that tall. :rolleyes:

I guess that would be about the distance you would have lost your return data so never mind. :)

Any good trap shooters in the area ? :eek:

So yes go for what @jiggyb21 said!

Rod

Not quite right-

The Phantom is 154' above the first waypoint at all times as set by the mission parameters.

Original Sea Level Elevation at Waypoint 1= 268ft
+ bird at 154ft above that, so assume 422 ASL for entire flight.

The waypoint you put down says 309', that's ASL so 422-309 means the bird is 113' off the ground at that point, not 155'.

Was my other numbers good, I'm so confused again.

Rod

I never ever plan a mission on a tablet or phone. When using the computer the 1st waypoint will say "Ground Elevation: Xft (0 ft above first waypoint). Set waypoint 2 and it will say "Ground Elevation: X+50ft (50ft above 1st waypoint) Waypoint 3 "Ground Elevation: X+300ft (300ft above 1st waypoint).

To maintain an above ground elevation, you need to use X as the elevation Litchi gives you at the 1st waypoint and add that value to each subsequent waypoint ground elevation reading (from Litchi). In this example X=268ft.

So at waypoint 2 Litchi says. "Ground Elevation: 310ft (42ft above first waypoint)

Simply take 42 and added it to X which is 268 and you get 310. If the OP wanted to maintain 154ft above ground level at waypoint 2, the elevation of waypoint 2 needed to be 310. But as I said earlier, these waypoints are WAY too far apart. Even if the values of waypoint 1 and 2 were as I suggested that doesn't account for any ground changes in between. The bird will rise consistently between the two points of elevation. So the best way I have found to be safe is to add several points between each point you have set and then use the math I laid out and make finite adjustments. I live in a very mountainous area and I have executed mission that go -500ft to +1000ft in elevation change using this technique. It's all math.

Reactions: aermale
Was my other numbers good, I'm so confused again.

Rod
We calculate different on west coast!

I figured it out 113'

@DaveD

I don't think your trees would be 113' at the location I was looking at, still go for @jiggyb21

My spot being near the end of the log would be if something took out of the sky.

Rod

It looks like in google earth pro that after the road is crossed going from 2 to 3, there it starts uphill. A good place to start. Also it's a possibility it hit a tree before crossing the road but my guess is after the road was crossed and not far into the woods.
lost phantom.PNG

Reactions: GrammatonxXXxCleric
In my opinion:

The log data has the bird traveling 1520.4 ft. It went at least that far. That's almost half way to waypoint 1 (first red circle) and 113' ground elevation. I have no idea how tall your trees are but if it cleared those there is nothing stopping it until almost waypoint 3 (second red circle). You know the area and the trees. If it's easy enough I'd check the first spot but my hunch is that it's over the road near the second red circle. Have your phone with GPS on when you're looking. One thing is certain, it WILL be along that yellow line of the mission. Maybe bring binoculars, too.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-01-06 at 8.22.57 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-01-06 at 8.22.57 PM.png
    3.7 MB · Views: 584
Reactions: JohnnyB
Sorry jiggy, wasn't trying to step on your toes. Looks like we were on the same page though.. :) My refresh didn't work until after my post, and seen you said give you 20 minutes. Sorry pal.

Yeah, that's what I use. A little pricy, but I have very limited cell/gps service where I fly, so the MP works out great.

I'm just too darn lazy to wander the woods for hours looking for it. [emoji849]

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Part of the fun for me in pushing the limits of these things is knowing that I have to go find it if I fail. It really gets my juices flowing during the mission. Sure beats buying faster and faster motorcycles....

Reactions: DaveD and JohnnyB
Sorry jiggy, wasn't trying to step on your toes. Looks like we were on the same page though.. :) My refresh didn't work until after my post, and seen you said give you 20 minutes. Sorry pal.

No apology needed at all. I assumed someone would have stepped in by now to be honest. My wife is upstairs asking me over and over what the hell I'm doing. I have been helped a few times on here and I'm just trying to pay it back.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94