Litchi - Minimum altitude & smooth transition between waypoints?

@bsartist,
"As far as elevating first to WP1 altitude first before heading there, I’m pretty sure that’s what I see. Not sure why you experience something different. I can give it a try maybe this afternoon."
I'm probably just spacing out, don't bother trying to figure me out. ;)
I would love to mess around with this today, we will see what happens with the weather.

@Mike Toy
Your better following, @bsartist ideas than mine. :)

Rod

Hi Bill,

I'm using AGL because the real missions (this is just a practice mission at the flying field) will be flown over terrain that has a lot more changes in elevation. Some will end below the start point and some above and ideally the vehicle should remain at a fixed height above the ground once it reaches it's 'cruising' altitude. So just practice really.

Yes, I'm trying to get a straight path horizontally and vertically - maybe the vehicle only ascends vertically to the height of WP1 as at this point it has not actually begun the mission. If it moves smoothly from WP1 to WP2 then what you've proposed should work although there will still be a video 'lag' of sorts at the beginning - it will take-off, ascend to WP1 elevation, fly horizontally to WP1 and begin the mission. But the smaller the lag the better so I will give it a try this afternoon. I'm not sure that what I want is actually going to be achievable in one smooth flow so it may come down to editing in the end.

Thanks,

MIKE
It will ascend smoothly between waypoints. I do it all the time. No worries there. I guess the only issue then is that with varying terrain in your real world scenario (as opposed to this flat test) it to make sure that straight path between the two points doesn't intersect with the ground or obstacles. I'd still be interested in seeing a video of the jerkiness with your test mission if you can put it on youtube or somesuch.

OK, Sounds like a plan. I'll see if I can find the video in question, if not I'll do it again as I'm interested to see what happens if I do keep all the tightly-spaced waypoints at the beginning anyway.

@bsartist,
"As far as elevating first to WP1 altitude first before heading there, I’m pretty sure that’s what I see. Not sure why you experience something different. I can give it a try maybe this afternoon."
I'm probably just spacing out, don't bother trying to figure me out. ;)
I would love to mess around with this today, we will see what happens with the weather.

@Mike Toy
Your better following, @bsartist ideas than mine. :)

Rod
Rod,

I dug out an old mission video and annotated the beginning of it. I didn’t do any color grading though.

@bsartist

Ok, that was funny!

I have watched a few videos from you on this forum. Usually at work, home computers not fast enough. Work computer sound is off, unless it is a webinar.

I remember people gave you good comments of your audio, I have been focused on the mission and video.

Still Laughing.

Anyways, I ran a a few missions yesterday between rain and wind storms.
I ran the mission I posted, with a couple of changes.

So, from loading the mission while the props are off.
Went up about 4', went up to the elevation of wp#1
Went to position of wp#1, turned to set direction of wp#1.

Rod :)

@bsartist

Ok, that was funny!

I have watched a few videos from you on this forum. Usually at work, home computers not fast enough. Work computer sound is off, unless it is a webinar.

I remember people gave you good comments of your audio, I have been focused on the mission and video.

Still Laughing.

Anyways, I ran a a few missions yesterday between rain and wind storms.
I ran the mission I posted, with a couple of changes.

So, from loading the mission while the props are off.
Went up about 4', went up to the elevation of wp#1
Went to position of wp#1, turned to set direction of wp#1.

Rod :)
Ha ha. Thanks. :). Yeah you will see at the “starting mission” caption there is a relatively small gain in altitude. That’s Litchi’s Automated ascent before heading to waypoint one. I just realized it was a little subtle but you probably saw it.

I now load the mission on the ground before takeoff. And then hit start after I’m in the air close to mission altitude. Do you actually hit start on the ground and Litchi lifts it off?

"Do you actually hit start on the ground and Litchi lifts it off?"

Yes, I'm doing something wrong. :eek: ;)

Rod

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tpren3