Litchi is the killer of the drones

Here is what I found on Litchi's homepage:

Warning When using a Phantom 3 Standard or Phantom 3 4K (not to be confused with Phantom 3 Pro), be aware that the aircraft will not return to home automatically if signal is lost while Litchi has some or all control of the aircraft, it will hover instead. The following flight modes are affected: VR with Immersive/Joystick Head Tracking active, Follow, Focus and Track. All other aircraft models and flight modes are unaffected by this issue.

This is the video how I’ve lost drone because of Litchi application. The flight was hold in FPV mode in VR glasses on Phantom 3 Standard. Remote Controller was in F mode.When drone flew on 1000 m the link was lost and RTH mode didn’t work. Drone stayed at the same place till the battery wasn’t discharged. Drone was found thanks to the screen shots. Be careful and watchful. Don’t fly far in FPV VR mode in Litchi application.

Subtitules in English
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Well done on the level-headed recovery. I've a few dozen flights with Litchi and never a problem.

I've only been using Litchi for about a week (P3A) and so far it's flawless.

Like I commented before, email a techie that is not my problem. I have had no issues with the Go app because all that background stuff is not connecting in airplane mode. Apples or oranges, if people don't want to turn it off, that is their choice. If they don't, they need to quit complaining about background connections. After all, who is flying their aircraft, and they are making the choices of what connects and what doesn't.

Didn't say it was your problem [emoji6]. I've personally used Litchi on over 200 flights and have not had a single issue. Love the app. I was merely pointing out how much background stuff is loaded with Go. I don't wear a tinfoil hat. Some stuff can't be "turned off" or loads without asking if The user would like to enable it. As far as complaining perhaps some people aren't as tech savvy as you and others and don't know it can be turned off. I pay very close attention to what I load or use on all my equipment. If you don't in today's day and age it's just plain stupidity.
Have a swell day [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I have a p2v+ , I bought Litchi and so far after trying everything I can't connect to the app with the aircraft so I probably will abandon it, seems a shame as the VR function sounds cool and I have the headset ready here.

Here is what I found on Litchi's homepage:

Warning When using a Phantom 3 Standard or Phantom 3 4K (not to be confused with Phantom 3 Pro), be aware that the aircraft will not return to home automatically if signal is lost while Litchi has some or all control of the aircraft, it will hover instead. The following flight modes are affected: VR with Immersive/Joystick Head Tracking active, Follow, Focus and Track. All other aircraft models and flight modes are unaffected by this issue.
I didn't know this, very important for us P2S owners. So it looks from reading this that the only three modes that are unaffected by this would be POI, FPV (using a screen, not VR) and the waypoint mode, correct??

I have a p2v+ , I bought Litchi and so far after trying everything I can't connect to the app with the aircraft so I probably will abandon it, seems a shame as the VR function sounds cool and I have the headset ready here.
I had the same issues. I never got it to stay connected. Litchi finally told me that my phone was not compatible. HTC ONE M9

Reactions: phantomphil
I had the same issues. I never got it to stay connected. Litchi finally told me that my phone was not compatible. HTC ONE M9
I have the HTC ONE M8 and it connects just fine. You called support and they told you this?? If so, it's mostly just because it's not on a list of theirs. The M8 wasn't on the list with DJI either and it worked just fine with my P3S. Being HTC is not considered to be one of the big boys in the cell phone world, they probably just didn't test their app with a HTC phone.

Last edited:
Make 100% sure you have the GO app closed. If you have an android go to setting and force close it before you use Litchi. For a fact, both apps can't be loaded at the same time.

Reactions: phantomphil
This is the video how I’ve lost drone because of Litchi application. The flight was hold in FPV mode in VR glasses on Phantom 3 Standard. Remote Controller was in F mode.When drone flew on 1000 m the link was lost and RTH mode didn’t work. Drone stayed at the same place till the battery wasn’t discharged. Drone was found thanks to the screen shots. Be careful and watchful. Don’t fly far in FPV VR mode in Litchi application.

Subtitules in English
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Great video and excellent work finding your drone.

I have the HTC ONE M8 and it connects just fine. You called support and they told you this?? If so, it's mostly just because it's not on a list of theirs. The M8 wasn't on the list with DJI either and it worked just fine with my P3S. Being HTC is not considered to be one of the big boys in the cell phone world, they probably just didn't test their app with a HTC phone.
Yes, we went back and forth for three days trying to figure out why it would not stay connected. I could connect it, then if I touched any of the settings, it would disconnect. I tried everything. EVERYTHING. I uninstalled all the apps that used the usb port, the GO app, etc. Tried usb debugging on and off, which Litchi says should be off with most new phones. I even did a factory reset of my phone through the boot menu and did not install any apps except Litchi, it still would not work. As a matter of fact, after the reset Litchi would not connect to the P3 at all.
I tried eight different usb cables. Two brand new in the box from HTC. Nothing.
I have read a lot about Marshmallow not releasing the usb port correctly. So I would try killing the app in app manager and rebooting everything. Nope, same issues. I have this issue with the GO app. After using go, I have to kill the app and reboot my phone or the app wont show the camera view, just a black screen, but Go does eventually work after some rebooting and app killing.
Litchi finally said "Oh, Litchi does not work with the M9, we will refund you." And that was that.
Is your phone running Marshmallow?

Make 100% sure you have the GO app closed. If you have an android go to setting and force close it before you use Litchi. For a fact, both apps can't be loaded at the same time.
Yes, I tried this many many many times. I uninstalled Go, still would not work. I reset my phone and installed Litchi as the only app on my phone, still would not work. After many hours and three days of frustration I gave up.

Yes, I tried this many many many times. I uninstalled Go, still would not work. I reset my phone and installed Litchi as the only app on my phone, still would not work. After many hours and three days of frustration I gave up.
Weird thing is that Litchi works 100% of the time on my Nvidia Shield K1. But I bought Litchi for the FPV goggles I bought to hold my phone, The K1 will not fit. LOL

My friends M8 works too.
Weird because the M9 is a very spec packed and powerful phone.

Yes, we went back and forth for three days trying to figure out why it would not stay connected. I could connect it, then if I touched any of the settings, it would disconnect. I tried everything. EVERYTHING. I uninstalled all the apps that used the usb port, the GO app, etc. Tried usb debugging on and off, which Litchi says should be off with most new phones. I even did a factory reset of my phone through the boot menu and did not install any apps except Litchi, it still would not work. As a matter of fact, after the reset Litchi would not connect to the P3 at all.
I tried eight different usb cables. Two brand new in the box from HTC. Nothing.
I have read a lot about Marshmallow not releasing the usb port correctly. So I would try killing the app in app manager and rebooting everything. Nope, same issues. I have this issue with the GO app. After using go, I have to kill the app and reboot my phone or the app wont show the camera view, just a black screen, but Go does eventually work after some rebooting and app killing.
Litchi finally said "Oh, Litchi does not work with the M9, we will refund you." And that was that.
Is your phone running Marshmallow?
I never remember the names, Which version is Marshmallow in ver.# Also since your using a USB cable then it seems you don't have a standard, as I do. Was just reading this thread because of the Litchi subject, knowing it was a adv/pro forum. So that might be the difference here, I don't use the USB port. It's all wifi with the standard. Might be why it worked with the Go app also with no issues for me. Since you have a adv or pro why don't you just get yourself a table, you have the mount.

Weird thing is that Litchi works 100% of the time on my Nvidia Shield K1. But I bought Litchi for the FPV goggles I bought to hold my phone, The K1 will not fit. LOL
Just read this post after sending my reply. Your doing the very same thing as me. I use a Nexus 7 tablet for normal flight, I have a tablet mod. And The HTC M8 for FPV goggles, funny. And have the HTC 10 as my real cell phone (non drone) use.

I never remember the names, Which version is Marshmallow in ver.# Also since your using a USB cable then it seems you don't have a standard, as I do. Was just reading this thread because of the Litchi subject, knowing it was a adv/pro forum. So that might be the difference here, I don't use the USB port. It's all wifi with the standard. Might be why it worked with the Go app also with no issues for me. Since you have a adv or pro why don't you just get yourself a table, you have the mount.
I use an Ipad mini 4 and a Nvidia Shield K1.

I use user profiles on my Nexus 9. One for me as my primary account. One for litchi and one for go. The litchi one doesn't see the go app and vice versa... profile/user switching only takes seconds... check it out

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

1. Crashes a lot. .
Has never crashed even once for me. Neither has Litchi. I have it on 2 different devices and have never experienced one issue with either applications.
2. GO installs a service that constantly has to be killed in a task app or it eats batteries.
There is no noticeable difference on my devices related to battery consumption. I fly with 4 batteries and have never had occasion to be concerned that GO or Litchi is burning through the batteries.
3. Downloads NFZ crap and who knows what else.
OK, refresh my recollection. I thought GEO loaded to the bird and once there it really didn't matter what app you were flying. But not having the occasion to test this myself this would be a deterrent to flying go for certain.
4. I do not trust DJI to actually inform me of what its downloading, when its downloading it, and what that change will do to the drone.
Ok this is important to some. This is not particularly of any interest to me but I can understand that some would be concerned.
5. Geofencing. Period. Game over.
Again this is a good point if it is application dependant. I don't think it is but I will do some research and be glad to report that I can circumvent GEO by flying Litchi that would be great.....if it is accurate.
Call it tin foil all you want.
No i did not call it tin foil hat... Here is exactly what I asked you.....
Don't trust Go... Why not? It's not a tinfoil hat thing is it?
It was truly a question. I apologize if you took offense. For me, I don't give a rip about the "conspiracy stuff" some do... I fly for fun and come here for fun. I am not concerned about DJI go sending information to "Ze Germans." (Guy Ritchie reference guys it is a joke)

Last edited:
Reactions: Excavator99

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers