Litchi crashes when taking panoramas

Yes, I know its very tired holding the remote always pointing straight up plus the ipad air and the sun Hood, but the excitement to see if I can reach the highest altitude worth it.

You would have to lie down on a ground to have your windsurfers pointed to the AC or hold RC over your head. As people suggested above, remove Windsurfers and make some distance before climbing to 500m. 1:2 hight to distance ratio would do.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Go to 1:10 in the video, for what you were trying right above you this is the best antenna position.

This is what I do... I personally create a mission then for the pic I select the the panorama (pictured in red box on my pic)

Then just as I launch it I adjust the camera to point down at a certain angle and leave it at that.

You can programme it to take panorama with the camera pointed up or down at a certain angle but I never play with that. View attachment 77348

Neon Euc

Today I tried to do this, but theres a limit to only one row and I need the complete panorama (3 rows of 6 to 8 pics each and 2 nadir pics), however I tried but I started recording video from the beginning, so this waypoint route did not take any pictures because of that ;(

I reached in a sport mode 42 MPH, 657.8 ft height (today was too windy and I did not wanted to take this risk), and Max Distance of 2,403 ft. new record for me and I did it without the windsurfers as AlecW suggested.

If the weather conditions for tomorow allows me to do another test flight, I will try to reach maximum distance and height and I will let you know.

by the way, when I tried to do another automatic panorama with litchi (3 rows) 300 ft height, it chashed again and needed to restart it. I think its a bug and I need this to be solved or to find another solution that makes it automatically the whole panorama

I actually experience crashing like you describe when switching from video yo pictures manually also... I can rarely switch from taking a picture to activating video without wither losing AC FC video connection or it shutting down the app or restarting my tablet....its quite annoying and has only been happening in recent releases of DJI. Ran Litchi the other day had same experience but again as we all know the core under Litchi is DJI firmwares...
As far as distance experiments vertical or horizontal... I can fly well within my comfort zone without the windsurfers... taking automated pictures in Litchi is my nezt thing to learn...disappointed about the 1 row panoramic....hope that improves ..

Sent from my SM-G935V using PhantomPilots mobile app

I used Litchi 2 days ago to photograph a panoramic using my iPhone 6 and I have a phantom 4 (It was my first time using it). After the 4th photo I saw a message on the screen that the aircraft is returning home to land. The green lights had turned to flashing yellow. On my screen it said tap the screen to stop it coming home which I did. After that there was no more control of the aircraft, Even the RC didn't work it just staying hovering about 6 meters in the air. Thank goodness I didn't fly it over the sea!! Even the home button didn't work, nothing worked. I closed the app and reopened it, it said the aircraft was disconnected. I closed the litchi app and I opened the dji app, still said it was disconnected. Eventually I had to climb onto the wall and with a long stick pull the aircraft down. I got the stick stuck in the prop towards the end and it fell about 3 meters onto the soft grass but the aircraft is fine, I was flying the aircraft about 4 meters away from me at a height of about 5 -6 meters so it is definitely not a case of losing signal. Can any way explain what went wrong?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl