Litchi can now be installed on the P4P+ and CrystalSky!

20180427_145142745_iOS.jpg

looking at the DNS requests from the p4p+ controller is definitely... interesting.

I've been flying fairly regularly with the Amazon version of Litchi now, it's workable for basic flight. I will attempt to do something more complex here presently and report how well it works. It will have to be from the controller itself. I am unwilling to whitelist enough shady domains to make mission hub work from a browser

Reactions: Firebird
Update:

Could not get anything that required use of the p4p+ remote GPS to work in Litchi. Maybe I was litchi'ing wrong, but no matter what I did it didnt think I had a gps

I was thinking of my next upgrade from my Mavic Pro to the P4P+, but after seeing that the built in screen would not support Litchi decided to hold off. Going though all of the above to pay again for Litchi, install it on the monitor and have to go through all of the steps I see discourages me from getting the plus screen. I am going to wait for the P5 to see what it has to offer and probably just end up going with my iPad mini 4 for the monitor.

I was thinking of my next upgrade from my Mavic Pro to the P4P+, but after seeing that the built in screen would not support Litchi decided to hold off. Going though all of the above to pay again for Litchi, install it on the monitor and have to go through all of the steps I see discourages me from getting the plus screen. I am going to wait for the P5 to see what it has to offer and probably just end up going with my iPad mini 4 for the monitor.
Might as well get the M2. Keep the portability! :cool:

Good morning to all, I am a new pilot for three weeks now I am getting better at piloting as time goes on. I have ran across the litchi app and am interested and have bought it and downloaded it through amazon apps. I have the dji phantom 4 pro v2.0 and the plus controller with the built in screen. I am not sure how to get the app through the controller to connect to the drone. I have done alot of the recommened things already; but there is always that point of frustration that you no longer can say I can do it on my own. So I am here seeking your help in order to be able to use this wonderful app with my phantom 4. What usb cable is needed in order to do this step? Can you use the dji cable that comes with the drone. The cable has micro usb and normal usb cable is this sufficient or some other type of usb cable needed in order for this to work on the 4 pro+ controller.

Good morning to all, I am a new pilot for three weeks now I am getting better at piloting as time goes on. I have ran across the litchi app and am interested and have bought it and downloaded it through amazon apps. I have the dji phantom 4 pro v2.0 and the plus controller with the built in screen. I am not sure how to get the app through the controller to connect to the drone. I have done alot of the recommened things already; but there is always that point of frustration that you no longer can say I can do it on my own. So I am here seeking your help in order to be able to use this wonderful app with my phantom 4. What usb cable is needed in order to do this step? Can you use the dji cable that comes with the drone. The cable has micro usb and normal usb cable is this sufficient or some other type of usb cable needed in order for this to work on the 4 pro+ controller.
My recommendation would be to buy a separate P4P v2 standard controller if you want to use Litchi. New, they are a little over $300. You might even be able save some money by buying one used, from someone that crashed/drowned their P4P v2 and wants to unload the remaining useless standard RC. Good luck!

My recommendation would be to buy a separate P4P v2 standard controller if you want to use Litchi
Solid recommendation. This is really the best way to go if running 3rd party apps is a must-have.

Reactions: GadgetGuy
On the other hand, I'm happily using Litchi on my Plus controller after installing it from the Amazon AppStore, along with a screen recorder I sideloaded.

Reactions: Goodman270
If i am running the 509 firmware can I still install the Litchi App on my Pro Plus controller and connect ?

On the other hand, I'm happily using Litchi on my Plus controller after installing it from the Amazon AppStore, along with a screen recorder I sideloaded.
Any tips, on how you succeeded, where others have failed?

Any tips, on how you succeeded, where others have failed?
Install Amazon Appstore using your internet browser on the controller. Then open Appstore (you need an Amazon account) Install Litchi from the store. Shut down the controller. Use a regular USB micro cord. It's used as a jumper from one usb port to the other on the controller. Power up the controller. Don't choose ANY DJI appware. You should get a popup asking which app to use, DJI or Litchi. Tap on Litchi. Of course, make sure your drone is powered up. Litchi should open up. You may or may not get another popup asking you if you want DJI app. Choose no. You have to log into your Litchi account first thing. Then you should be good to go

Reactions: GadgetGuy

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT