Litchi - can I set my waypoints by flying to them manually?

Reaction score
Instead of placing your waypoints on your tablet map or on your computer, can you fly to a waypoint, and press a button in the Litchi app to place a waypoint at that spot? Would be very useful. Thanks!

In the Program settings, you can program either the C1 or C2 to set a Waypoint at Aircraft location. This will allow you to fly around and manually set waypoints at the aircraft location by pressing one of the buttons on the back of the R/C.

Reactions: Digdat0
Yes it is possible to set waypoints and POI by using C1, C2 button but it's better to plan out your mission offline and execute later. You will be able to plan out mission timings correctly and set the camera in much better way. But that's my choice. I see offline planning as one of the good feature of Litchi which is not available on P3

I would agree...however it appears that the OP knows about that option, but for whatever reason has a need to set waypoints based on aircraft position. While he does not expound on the why, he does state that being able to do this would be very helpful. So why try to tell him that he's not doing it right...rather than simply answer his question? If no one had the need to do this then why did Litchi incorporate this option in their product?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

I am guessing that it has to do with video framing. As the phantom cameras have a fixed ie non zoom lens, you are stuck with what the lens gives you ie you cannot zoom unless you want to crop in ( which at 4 k is possible) . But it would be much better, to be able to get to the exact ultimate point for framing an object by moving in or away from the object. To do this you cannot cannot judge without having a prelim fpv run through. I think that being able to get the exact point where framing is best , would be great as a waypoint.

I've always flown preplanned missions but want to set exact points at a particular location without the worry of altitude or proximity to an object from a desk. I've set c1 to waypoint at aircraft in waypoint key settings but the waypoint didn't take.

Do you need to be in waypoint mode and F mode when flying or just waypoint and P mode.

Also, once points are set, do the points display as a mission you can save.

I want to pull up later at desk and add additional points amd refine flight angle etc...

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl