Litchi app

Reaction score
I just purchased the Litchi app and wanted to know if there were any tips on how to use it? Any things I should know or be aware of? Also, how do you do the little planet pics with this app? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: bigmike52
easy to use, little planets is just taking a spherical pano and you need to play with how many rows and height of aircraft. then stick in a pano program, i use ptgui

Learn more about the RTH feature while engaging a flight with Litchi.

One interesting feature is that the flight plan is loaded into the Phantom which means that if the remote signal is lost, the Phantom will continue the plan to completion. My view is that this is a crucial additional safety feature.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

One interesting feature is that the flight plan is loaded into the Phantom which means that if the remote signal is lost, the Phantom will continue the plan to completion. My view is that this is a crucial additional safety feature.

Assuming your mission is properly laid out. Could also produce some disastrous results.

Just use patience and common sense when setting up your mission. To learn "how" to set it up, visual is better. YouTube the heck out of it. I bought the app and installed it. I hit YouTube with a different device with litchi open on another. Within a couple hours I had set up a 17 point waypoint mission and flew it without problems. Thankfully people take time to make great instructional videos. Hats off to those people.

Good luck pal :)

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Reactions: xpc3 and bigmike52
Has anyone had any luck flying the P4 with Litchi on a Nexus 7 II? So far, all I get is "failure to connect to DJI servers" message, and litchi blames it on DJI. DJI, of course, does not respond.

I use Litchi on a nexus 7 and I don't have any problems. It does have some video lag but it works OK.

I just purchased the Litchi app and wanted to know if there were any tips on how to use it? Any things I should know or be aware of? Also, how do you do the little planet pics with this app? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app
Have been using Litchi for about a month now with terrific results. Here's a few things I've learned.
1 On a Litchi flight plan the drone will often be flying sideways. The obstacle avoidance only works for obstacles facing the 'front' of the drone - for many Litchi flights you will have no obstacle avoidance
2 This makes it very important you 'eyeball' the flight path and not depend on the satellite imagery provided by Litchi
3 If the drone becomes disconnected because of poor signal strength it will complete the flight
4 Practice small flight paths first, by small I mean you retain visual contact with the drone
5 Give yourself plenty of vertical room - if you're not sure of the height of an object (building, tree, bridge) fly to it manually, check the height and add 10m
6 Make sure you understand the difference between elevation and altitude and how to fly over terrain which varies in elevation
7 Double check your RTH altitude in relation to the terrain you're flying in

This is a link to my first Litchi flight. I love the app but have had a couple of near misses because all due to pilot error

With Litchi (or other apps too) when I set a waypoint and a point of interest for that waypoint (mostly so it turns the drone the direction I am want it to be facing), does the camera look to the point of interest on the way to that waypoint or only after it has arrived at that waypoint? For example say I have 2 waypoints. On the second waypoint I tell it to focus on POI 2 (no POI for Waypoint1). Does it focus on POI2 as soon as it leave Waypoint1, or does it only focus on POI2 when you get to Waypoint2?

With Litchi (or other apps too) when I set a waypoint and a point of interest for that waypoint (mostly so it turns the drone the direction I am want it to be facing), does the camera look to the point of interest on the way to that waypoint or only after it has arrived at that waypoint? For example say I have 2 waypoints. On the second waypoint I tell it to focus on POI 2 (no POI for Waypoint1). Does it focus on POI2 as soon as it leave Waypoint1, or does it only focus on POI2 when you get to Waypoint2?

In most cases it will. But if you disable the POI in the first WP and set the heading that way it will fly sideways. You can see all that in the Mission Hub.

Thanks @BryanBTX. I noticed on my first mission with Litchi, that I flew this past weekend, it seemed to pause at every WP. Is there any way to avoid that so that if flies through smoothly? I know there is an action option that I can tell it to pause there for x number of seconds before proceeding, but it seemed like my flight this weekend automatically paused for 1 second each time.

mission3.jpg

Do you have any actions in the red circle?

I did not have any actions set. The two that I had saved did not even have any POI and I had some sharp turns. I created a big mission that I'll fly this weekend with POI, with a lot of interpolate so I'll let you know how that turns out. Thanks

Hi there
What I did is do some small test missions/flights in a open field
One step at the time
Also if you encounter any problems you can cancel the mission any time by flicking your switch from p to s-sportsmode than back to p
Just a few tips
In option when mission has ended select "do nothing"
I had it first on landing and it almost landed in a lake as gps can be out by a few feet
Also before you start your mission click on the POI icon (it will turn blue)
and leave it this will prevent adding accidental waypoints during the mission
It's best to leave your fingers of the screen while flying the mission
Just watch and enjoy[emoji3]

Reactions: McCraik and JxBx80
Hi, nice waypoint display. I am just trying out the Hub and need some help in understanding.
The front (nose) of your drone has the heading pointing inward towards something and not pointed in the direction of the flight path, so how will you have front obstacle avoidance along the flight path? Just asking because I change my heading out of the flight path only if there is POI along the path home.

Hi, nice waypoint display. I am just trying out the Hub and need some help in understanding.
The front (nose) of your drone has the heading pointing inward towards something and not pointed in the direction of the flight path, so how will you have front obstacle avoidance along the flight path? Just asking because I change my heading out of the flight path only if there is POI along the path home.

oops my mistake, sorry, I see your POI, it's the house.

oops my mistake, sorry, I see your POI, it's the house.

Correct! You can set the height of that POI.

Now I have a P3S so no "obstacle avoidance". That's why I have to take my time and set up a mission very carefully. Some times if I can I will fly it several time to make sure I'm where I need to be then make my final video flight.

I wish my work computer would let me upload my csv for this mission I put together. Would love to hear some feedback from some who are more experienced. App won't let me do it either :(

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl