Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

1. vDIDDYFLIHI

I just purchased the Litchi app and wanted to know if there were any tips on how to use it? Any things I should know or be aware of? Also, how do you do the little planet pics with this app? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

bigmike52 likes this.
  2. hjscm

easy to use, little planets is just taking a spherical pano and you need to play with how many rows and height of aircraft. then stick in a pano program, i use ptgui

3. uav.hans

Learn more about the RTH feature while engaging a flight with Litchi.

4. bones5968

One interesting feature is that the flight plan is loaded into the Phantom which means that if the remote signal is lost, the Phantom will continue the plan to completion. My view is that this is a crucial additional safety feature.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

5. DesignFlaw06

Assuming your mission is properly laid out. Could also produce some disastrous results.

6. hjscm

yeah like battery dying on way back

7. Johnny Bellew

Just use patience and common sense when setting up your mission. To learn "how" to set it up, visual is better. YouTube the heck out of it. I bought the app and installed it. I hit YouTube with a different device with litchi open on another. Within a couple hours I had set up a 17 point waypoint mission and flew it without problems. Thankfully people take time to make great instructional videos. Hats off to those people.

Good luck pal :)

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

bigmike52 likes this.
  8. Sailingfool59

Has anyone had any luck flying the P4 with Litchi on a Nexus 7 II? So far, all I get is "failure to connect to DJI servers" message, and litchi blames it on DJI. DJI, of course, does not respond.

9. MarkNH

I use Litchi on a nexus 7 and I don't have any problems. It does have some video lag but it works OK.

10. DroneLogic

Have been using Litchi for about a month now with terrific results. Here's a few things I've learned.
    1 On a Litchi flight plan the drone will often be flying sideways. The obstacle avoidance only works for obstacles facing the 'front' of the drone - for many Litchi flights you will have no obstacle avoidance
    2 This makes it very important you 'eyeball' the flight path and not depend on the satellite imagery provided by Litchi
    3 If the drone becomes disconnected because of poor signal strength it will complete the flight
    4 Practice small flight paths first, by small I mean you retain visual contact with the drone
    5 Give yourself plenty of vertical room - if you're not sure of the height of an object (building, tree, bridge) fly to it manually, check the height and add 10m
    6 Make sure you understand the difference between elevation and altitude and how to fly over terrain which varies in elevation
    7 Double check your RTH altitude in relation to the terrain you're flying in

This is a link to my first Litchi flight. I love the app but have had a couple of near misses because all due to pilot error