Lime fuel Batteries.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I have read that some knock off batteries from China are not recognized by the Phantom 2 Vision + system and the quad will not work with them installed. Do the Limefuel batteries work in the quad and if so what is your opinion on them?
Thanks...

I have a Limefuel external battery pack and love it. I don't have the Limefuel DJI battery.

I'd hold off on any Limefuel purchase for at least a few weeks. They are just about to release a new 6000mah battery.

There was an issue with a version of the DJI app updating firmware in Limefuel batteries and bricking them. I believe that's resolved now - the DJI app shouldn't update 3rd party batteries. You shouldn't update any 3rd party battery firmware with DJI battery software unless the company says it's OK first. That said, if you don't update the firmware in the 3rd party battery it should run fine.

Some people have had trouble getting Limefuel to respond to issues with the 5400Mah battery.

according to the update post on Amazon the batteries are "suppose" to work now if you have upgraded your bird to the new software. As in the software that is loaded automatically when you link the bird to the computer, i think is the 1.0.2.8. version of the battery side of the software?

Im wondering if ANYONE on the forums can confirm. Id like to buy the 5400 battery as a extra but not if its going to a paper weight. I do have a email into limefuel customer support but on answer back yet.

If you are worried about the battery being "bricked" by DJI firmware, just make sure that battery IS NOT powering the quad when ever you have quad connected to the DJI software program.

Bluethundr said:
according to the update post on Amazon the batteries are "suppose" to work now if you have upgraded your bird to the new software. As in the software that is loaded automatically when you link the bird to the computer, i think is the 1.0.2.8. version of the battery side of the software?

Im wondering if ANYONE on the forums can confirm. Id like to buy the 5400 battery as a extra but not if its going to a paper weight. I do have a email into limefuel customer support but on answer back yet.

No offense, but just buy it from a "fulfilled by Amazon" sale page and return it if it doesn't work. It not working properly justifies the return.

I have one of their batteries. It works ok. They have had my $$$ for over two months now for the 6000 mah hour batt... With no delivery in sight. They refuse to provide a date. They are not very communicative and frankly are jerks to deal with. Won't be buying any products at all from them any time soon.

I emailed limefuel
-Last day to preorder the Air L60P is January 23rd
-The Air L60P will be shipped out on January 31st

If you preorder go to this site http://www.limefuel.com/pages/product-air They are $90 if you use code AIR6000. They are $124.99 preorder on amazon.

I have flown a L54P for 10 flights with no issues. Battery is functioning properly. I trust it.

If you go to Amazon you can select the Limefuel. Half way down the page you will see you two options (5400 and 6000). When you pick 6000 it shows a release date of January 31 2015 and a price of $124.99.

I'd hold off until it shows that it's in stock and shipping. Actually I'd hold off until you hear a few brave souls have purchased and it works reliably. Whatever you do, buy it through Amazon so you have some return protection.

http://www.amazon.com/Limefuel-Replacem ... RS?ie=UTF8

How much more flight time are they saying with the 6000?

Curious to the real world results

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl