Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Join fellow pilots on the largest DJI community and remove Google ads.

Lights For The Phantom Vision?

Discussion in 'Phantom 2 Vision Discussion' started by HollyFlier, Dec 6, 2013.

1. HollyFlier

Since it gets dark so early now, I have been looking for an LED Light kit for my Phantom Vision. I have only been able to find kits for the Original Phantom, which get power from the Lipo balance plug. Since the Vision does not have a balance plug, I was wondering if anyone has found a 'painless' way to get power to the lights. Is it possible to tap into the main battery wires to power an LED light or is that too much voltage / current? Any thoughts would be appreciated.

2. myvrodrocks

Wondering the same thing. Someone will have an idea. I have a small LED headlight on my bicycle that runs on a watch battery. That should work for now. Not sure if a battery will mess with the compass pr GPS...

3. Topeeka

What I am planning on doing is to use one of the 'backpackers' headlamps for this. While I have not yet done the final step and taken a test flight, the lamp I am going to use is a "Black Diamond ~ Gizmo" A link is http://www.rei.com/product/825732/black ... o-headlamp ...it's now on sale for $15. I will use a strip of velcro on the Phantom and a mating piece on the "Gizmo" after removing the supplied head strap...that seems simple enough..! The Gizmo can be operated either as a steady light or it can be put into a flashing, sort of "strobe" mode. In this mode, it produces pretty bright flashes about 2 times a second I will attach it to the rear of the Phantom so as to not interfere with the camera end. I'm not sure how far away this light can be seen, but I am pretty certain that it would exceed my "Comfort Distance"...! It has a pivoting mount so that it can be aimed in a downward direction for better visibility.

I have mine here and just weighed it, both with Alkaline batteries and the lighter Lithium cells.
    With Alkaline ~ 1.6 oz
    With Lithium ~ 1.3 oz = 37 g

That's my two cents worth....

4. myvrodrocks

Leave the headstrap on and just run it around the landing gear above the camera ...

Dang this forum is miserable on an iphone...

5. wildcatter

6. Studiowise

ive been going through the same loop myself , ive currently got this 16 lumens mini torch attached. The torch holder is actually a board marker pen holder and its secured to the vision using mini zip ties. The torch clips into the hold and is then secured fir flight using a very strong rubber band. undo the band and it pops off easily.
    i'm working on high intensity white and red LED's that will go on all four legs. i hope to use the PV's battery rather than carry an additional battery supply.
    i got the inspiration from a PV i saw on a Facebook page - its by Andreus Schäfer (screen grab attached with credit at bottom)
    heres the FB Post if you want to subscribe https://www.facebook.com/groups/2493907 ... 234191406/

Attached Files:

7. Jdacal

Get Tapatalk App, works great on iPhone with this forum.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

8. Jdacal

Nice cammo pattern, lights look great!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

9. myvrodrocks

Thanks for the app tip. And the camo pattern is hydro coating. Check it out on youtube.

10. myvrodrocks

Since there is nothing better to do on a Sunday afternoon, I put a light on my Nano QX. It's not the pretties up close, but it was fun and flying is hoot as well. Powered with a simple piggy back from the battery. I'm sure this will be no problem in the PV...just need to know where to splice in.

Attached Files: