LG G3 and DJI Pilot for Android anyone?

I can't remember. I think once your logged into you DJI account in the app it creates your profile and activates. I did it with the Inspire app because I received my P3 last Wednesday and that's all that was available then.
did you have to enter your serial number at any point? I've never seen that step. I'm wondering if you have to click through the verification link in the email from Skypixel.com, but it appears their site is down because I keep getting 403 errors. So frustrating!

did you have to enter your serial number at any point? I've never seen that step. I'm wondering if you have to click through the verification link in the email from Skypixel.com, but it appears their site is down because I keep getting 403 errors. So frustrating!
Not the serial number. It asks for your DJI username, and I believe it's optional.
What should happen is it connects to the Phantom, it asks you whether you want to change the default name or not, asks you to sign in with your DJI user and pass, and then activates it (which takes about 3-5min).

Never had to enter serial number. Turned everything on to get ready to fly and it asked me to activate in the app. It grabbed the serial itself and asked my to name my Phantom. Now when I go into the User Center in the app and log in. I can go to the profile icon and see my profile info, serial number etc.

Never had to enter serial number. Turned everything on to get ready to fly and it asked me to activate in the app. It grabbed the serial itself and asked my to name my Phantom. Now when I go into the User Center in the app and log in. I can go to the profile icon and see my profile info, serial number etc.
Yeah, none of that is there for me. I wonder if they're having server issues tonight? My account is created, (name, city, country, etc) but there's no data on the type of craft or a name for it. I've uninstalled and re-installed the app several times. Only thing I can figure is that my timing is bad and they're either down or doing some maintenance right now.

Not the serial number. It asks for your DJI username, and I believe it's optional.
What should happen is it connects to the Phantom, it asks you whether you want to change the default name or not, asks you to sign in with your DJI user and pass, and then activates it (which takes about 3-5min).
So weird, none of that ever happened for me. Or if it did, I somehow skipped past it and can't get back again :/

Thanks guys.
I have the same problem. However I seem unable to change my USB mode to PTP. All I see is the indication "charging" but no options to change mode. When I tap the message, I'm rerouted to my phone's home screen.
Any help is appreciated.

The G3 works fine with the app. Takes a few steps to make it happen though. You have to enable developer options and be in USB PTP (Camera) mode for it to work.

On your LG G3, go to Settings:

• Switch to General tab at the top of the screen
    • Scroll right down to the bottom and select: About Phone:
    • Select: Software Information:
    • Find the Build Number option and press it 8 times
    • You’ll see a toast message saying: You’re now a developer!

• Once done, go to: Settings, General tab again and select: Developer Options
    • If you get any warning, just press OK button
    • Put a check mark on: USB Debugging (just press OK if you get a warning again). Note: you have to make sure your LG G3 is not connected to a computer to enable USB debugging. If it is connected to a computer, “Enable USB Debugging” will be grayed out.
Now to select PTP mode: Plug the USB cable into the phone (hooked to your computer or controller turned on.

• Touch and drag the notification bar down.
      • Touch USB Connection Mode.
      • Touch the desired option (e.g., Camera device (PTP)).
      • The USB connection option has been changed.

Last edited:
Reactions: stinkeye
The G3 works fine with the app. Takes a few steps to make it happen though. You have to enable developer options and be in USB PTP (Camera) mode for it to work.

• Put a check mark on: USB Debugging (just press OK if you get a warning again). Note: you have to make sure your LG G3 is not connected to a computer to enable USB debugging. If it is connected to a computer, “Enable USB Debugging” will be grayed out.
Now to select PTP mode: Plug the USB cable into the phone (hooked to your computer or controller turned on.

Thank you so much for your clear description. I had indeed gone through these steps ending up at the problem as described. After I performed a reboot of my phone, I was able to switch to PTP.
I hope this is helpful for others out there.

Thanks again

I'm using an LG G2, no problems. Just make sure to turn on USB debugging and set your USB connection to (PTP) when plugging in.

LG2 NP's as well... Don't use it much but if I needed too I fear nothing... LG3 Should be fine too.

I have followed the steps mentioned for many people , but my Lg G3 does not work as" it should"? . Lag and video delay is terrible. It is impossible to do FPV with this cellphone. I had to buy an iPad instead. I really like the screen size of the phone , that is why i want to use it...

Hi. Your post from last year was very knowledgeable and seemed helpful for others.
I have a used P3A and followed you're instructions to connect with my LG G3 but it's not recognizing the drone. Do you have any suggestions or guesses as to why it would do this? It connected with my daughter's phone, a galaxy s7.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl