Let's see some videos!

Your friend is brave, Dirty Bird. Night flying seems very risky and for him to be doing that so soon & with virtually no experience seems crazy! :shock: The video was good though with all those lightning flashes.

JWarren....good luck with your new bird, good to hear that it's behaving and responding exactly like it should. You're lucky to live in new development and area with such wide open spaces for flying! My region is so congested with homes and there are so many trees.

Geert said:
Lampang - Thailand

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wgSuejRQd0A[/youtube]

nice!
is that a 2D Rotor Pixel gimbal?

The other day I went behind the elementary school a couple of blocks away and did some high-altitude neighborhood flying. Funny how many people stopped to comment & inquire about the Phantom. The house closeup early on was the home of Perry & Pam, who stopped to check out the Vision+ and asked if I could fly over their house. Once I got to altitude, I was cruising at ~1000' and I was about 5800' out at max range. You can see many of my past video subjects off in the distance: The Key Bridge, Northeast High, Sunset Elementary, Ft. Smallwood Park, Brandon Shores power plant, and even "Mars!" ;)

I really pushed the battery to the limit on this flight, with a total flight time of nearly 23 minutes (I cut the first 7+ minutes off the video)! FVP dropped out at max range (should have ran the range booster app...duh!) , and I was sweating it a little as she was making her way back home. At 15:00, you can see I came in so hot I nearly pancaked the tarmac, and she stopped descending about 1' off the deck! Still had 11% battery left on touchdown.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eydZFvj0Drk[/youtube]

Man Dirty Bird, that video had me as tense as hell! LOL The height you went up to, distance and combined with the music had my heart palpitating! Ya got balls to do that with your bird. I'm still quite nervous with the 'baby' flights I'm making and don't think I will ever be ready to have mine out of visual (with my own eyes).

Sasquatch said:
Man Dirty Bird, that video had me as tense as hell! LOL The height you went up to, distance and combined with the music had my heart palpitating! Ya got balls to do that with your bird. I'm still quite nervous with the 'baby' flights I'm making and don't think I will ever be ready to have mine out of visual (with my own eyes).

LOL thanks! That landing was hairy...she almost didn't stop! :shock:

I cannot wait to get my FVPLR antennae & amps hooked up! Think I may need an auxiliary battery pack! ;)

I thought it fair enough that my first post should be a video I shot with the Vision+, in fact it was only the second time I flew it. I love this piece of kit but my heart is in my mouth every time I take it out in case I dump £1,000 (yes, a Brit) into the dirt. So far, no damage other than a snapped blade when a tree jumped out of nowhere... :shock:

I'm enjoying reading about what can be done with this great piece of kit and thank you all in advance for help, advice and commiseration should things go awry.
[youtube]http://youtu.be/628o2aXKkMQ[/youtube]

[edit] er...so the videos don't appear to work as with other forums, I tried to look in the help but no success, can anyone help?

Dirty Bird said:
The other day I went behind the elementary school a couple of blocks away and did some high-altitude neighborhood flying. Funny how many people stopped to comment & inquire about the Phantom. The house closeup early on was the home of Perry & Pam, who stopped to check out the Vision+ and asked if I could fly over their house. Once I got to altitude, I was cruising at ~1000' and I was about 5800' out at max range. You can see many of my past video subjects off in the distance: The Key Bridge, Northeast High, Sunset Elementary, Ft. Smallwood Park, Brandon Shores power plant, and even "Mars!" ;)

I really pushed the battery to the limit on this flight, with a total flight time of nearly 23 minutes (I cut the first 7+ minutes off the video)! FVP dropped out at max range (should have ran the range booster app...duh!) , and I was sweating it a little as she was making her way back home. At 15:00, you can see I came in so hot I nearly pancaked the tarmac, and she stopped descending about 1' off the deck! Still had 11% battery left on touchdown.

Awesome video again man, very nice..

And as a newbie with vision plus, my 2 batteries fly only around 16-18 minutes(i stop at %20 battery remaining).. Is there anything to do to make the flight time up to 23 minutes like yours?

J.J.B. said:
in fact it was only the second time I flew it. I love this piece of kit but my heart is in my mouth every time I take it out in case I dump £1,000 (yes, a Brit) into the dirt. So far, no damage other than a snapped blade when a tree jumped out of nowhere... :shock:

I am with you and it's hard to get past flying $1500 worth of electronics way up into the sky with a good chance she may crash! :shock:

I'm enjoying reading about what can be done with this great piece of kit and thank you all in advance for help, advice and commiseration should things go awry.

[edit] er...so the videos don't appear to work as with other forums, I tried to look in the help but no success, can anyone help?[/quote]

Just copy and paste the direct URL from the address bar and then put the Youtube tags around them. :)

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=628o2aXKkM[/youtube]
...not working. Is your video set to public or unlisted on Y/T? If it's set to private, it may not be able to be displayed.

Dirty Bird said:

Hey DB. This may sound like a daft question but at what sort of range do you stop flying by sight and move over to FPV? Also, when FPV dropped out were you then flying by radar only? And I guess once out of visual range you leave the ascent/descent stick alone and fly using pitch and roll mainly, maintaining steady altitude?

Fab video btw. I am in awe at the height and distance you got. You are one brave man :)

Sasquatch said:
J.J.B. said:
in fact it was only the second time I flew it. I love this piece of kit but my heart is in my mouth every time I take it out in case I dump £1,000 (yes, a Brit) into the dirt. So far, no damage other than a snapped blade when a tree jumped out of nowhere... :shock: [/quote="J.J.B."]

I am with you and it's hard to get past flying $1500 worth of electronics way up into the sky with a good chance she may crash! :shock:

[edit] er...so the videos don't appear to work as with other forums, I tried to look in the help but no success, can anyone help?

Just copy and paste the direct URL from the address bar and then put the Youtube tags around them. :)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=628o2aXKkMQ&feature=youtu.be[/youtube]

Aha. So simple - thanks Sasquatch!

Here goes: [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=628o2aXKkMQ[/youtube]

J.J.B. said:
I thought it fair enough that my first post should be a video I shot with the Vision+, in fact it was only the second time I flew it. I love this piece of kit but my heart is in my mouth every time I take it out in case I dump £1,000 (yes, a Brit) into the dirt. So far, no damage other than a snapped blade when a tree jumped out of nowhere... :shock:

[youtube]http://youtu.be/628o2aXKkMQ[/youtube]

Hi JJB

What area of the UK are you from? Another Brit flyer here near Cardiff.

For a second time only flyer that is an awesome video :) Where were you standing btw the way, in relation to the viaduct?

wattsn said:
Hi JJB

What area of the UK are you from? Another Brit flyer here near Cardiff.

For a second time only flyer that is an awesome video :) Where were you standing btw the way, in relation to the viaduct?

Thanks, Wattsn, good to meet you. I've been making videos for some time now but never with such a cool piece of kit for creating context shots. I'm based in Haywards Heath, West Sussex, and the Viaduct is just a couple of miles up the road. I've always been in awe of old-school structural engineering projects and this was too good to miss. On the video preview picture, there is a patch of pale earth and a clump of trees at about 10 O'clock and I'm standing under them so the shade allowed me to see the iPhone screen!

Glad you got it worked out J.J.B.

Very nice video you took, quite smooth and it seems that you've got very good control over your bird. :) Loved the perspective of panning while the train flew by and the view from above the train tracks.

Everything looks green, lush and good where you are.

Well done!

Fun day filming my folks doing some SUP at an island near my house.
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=voP6v-YcAqI[/youtube]

Thanks, Sasquatch, much obliged! I'm afraid it may be all the summer we have in the UK but there's always next year! :cool:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94