Let's see some videos!

Check it out

Hey guys. Newbie plus owner here. Check my YouTube channel ostrand63. Let me know what you think and if you have any recommendations on some things I should try to make my videos better. Thanks!!

Dirty Bird said:
Went back to Ft. Armistead Park on Saturday for another flight out over the bay. The weather was sweet..sunny with scattered clouds, 72 degrees, no humidity. It was VERY windy though..20 mph steady with gusts. Always impresses me how well the Phantom handles winds. In this video I shattered my previous distance record by 1300', making it 6100' before losing control signal!

6100' stock...personal best!

awesome videos again,thanks for sharing...Did you change the tx settings to fcc??

Flighttime said:
A video I made with the theme music to Game of Thrones. This is being in denial that the season 4 of GoT has ended and will have to wait another 10 months til the next season.

http://vimeo.com/98547008

[vimeo]98547008[/vimeo]

Nice video, quite impressed by your fly over the lagoon...

canerakcil said:
awesome videos again,thanks for sharing...Did you change the tx settings to fcc??

Thanks! I've always been in FCC mode. It was just an great weather day with extremely low humidity. Humidity apparently has an attenuating effect on the control & FPV signals, so being less humid increases range.

Here is mine: Again but properly embedded this time :D
[vimeo]98155422[/vimeo]

Dirty Bird said:
canerakcil said:
Fantastic video quality. Some of the vision+ videos seem too grainy on this topic but how is yours so sharp? Is there any trick you can advice us?

Thank you. I think it was just a bright, sunny day, low humidity, and the sun was at my back when I was approaching the stacks. I was noticing the same thing (the clarity) when I first watched the video. They don't always turn out that way. I think it was just the lighting was perfect. I was in full auto @ 1080p*30, BTW.

You know I wanted to land on top of that stack so bad...I was right there! If it would have been calm I would have too, but I was afraid the Phantom might be blown off the top! The gimbal conceals how windy it was. Steady 20 mph winds with gusts...its why I hand landed at the end...I never do that!

Lol. The anticipation of you landing on that stack was unbearable.
Out of interest what is manufactured there?
Great video :)

Double-D said:
Lol. The anticipation of you landing on that stack was unbearable.
Out of interest what is manufactured there?
Great video :)

Thanks. It is a coal-fired, 1370 MWe, electrical generation plant. The two tall, 700' stacks are no longer in use and, as you can see, they are capped. The shorter 400' tower complex is a flue-gas desulfurization system, where they run the coal exhaust through a limestone slurry to flush out most of the contaminants. If you look off in the distance to the right of the plant, there is an older & smaller, natural gas fired electrical plant. In front of the smaller plant is a waste water treatment complex. Sometimes, on a stagnant summer day, is isn't a pleasant place to be!

Going to have to go back there on a calm day and attempt an FVP landing on that stack! :shock:

skyhighdiver said:
flyHI said:
Took the boat out for a spin with my Vision 2+ in Kaneohe Bay on Oahu.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qI1siLNoyQ4[/youtube]

Nice work

Awesome piloting skills!
Not easy keeping moving subject in frame..

P2 + 3x3 gopro

Wat Nam Bo Tip - also known as Wat Doi Sapphanyu - 4 Buddha Statues - Mae Wang, Chiang Mai, Thailand. Please check out HD version.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWJcfoXailI[/youtube]

You may have seen it in another thread but thought it might also get seen here.

Mako79 said:
skyhighdiver said:
flyHI said:
Took the boat out for a spin with my Vision 2+ in Kaneohe Bay on Oahu.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qI1siLNoyQ4[/youtube]

Nice work

Awesome piloting skills!
Not easy keeping moving subject in frame..

Thanks guys. Only had the PV2+ for about a month and this was the most challenging flight by far in dealing with wind, boat speed, etc. Positive note about shooting off a boat in a bay is that there are no trees, wires, or buildings to contend with!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl