Lens replacement on Vision+

dabe1971 said:
http://www.vd-shop.de/54mm-10mp-megapixel-lens-for-gopro-302116-and-diy-lensholder-for-gopro-30237-for-gopro-p-560.html

Thanks for sharing that link, http://www.vd-shop.de/index.php got it for 179 Euro that equals $247.52 US Dollar that is more like the price it should be, i will be offering the same lense and holder for $200 US Dollar i can do that because i had a small buisness overhead and i am taking small profit margin.

Thansk. :D

That's great Milton
As soon as you do that I will be able to check it out and obviously if all is well then that will ramp up your pre-orders so sooner the betters
Cheers
Paul

What are the Different between all the Xmm what are the pros and cons ?

Milton Amaya said:
armasmike said:
Milton Amaya

Why use a 5.4mm and not a 8mm or a 6mm they are cheaper ?

Now i am very new to this so i don't even know what the difference of the mm means to me.

Good question, i will be offering all sizes eventualy, i am setting up a Buisness contract dealing directly with the manufacturer no Middleman, i need to have a good size of Pre-Orders so i can place a large order with the manufacture to get the distributor price.

i will be offering all the lenses this will happen with time, but at your request i can change or add more lens to your packege.

i hope this helps...

Best,
Milton

Question: Why use a 5.4mm and not a 8mm or a 6mm they are cheaper ?

Ok! here is what i know, Focal length, usually represented in millimeters (mm), is the basic description of a photographic lens. It is not a measurement of the actual length of a lens, but a calculation of an optical distance from the point where light rays converge to form a sharp image of an object to the digital sensor in the camera and that is the reason why you will see my lens stick out of my V2+ Camera see picture bellow.

The focal length tells us the angle of view how much of the scene will be capture. The longer the focal length, the narrower the angle of view and the higher the magnification. The shorter the focal length, the wider the angle of view and the lower the magnification, the 5.4mm is consider to be the same focal length of the humans eyes, in DSLR is the 50mm lens.

Let me play a scenario if I select a 12mm I am zooming in so the object is closer on the picture, now if I select a 2.9mm lens I am zooming out i can see more of the surrounding of the object.

2.9mm = more scene
3.6mm = more scene
4.0mm = more scene
5.4mm = what the human eyes can see
6.0mm = Less scene
8.0mm = Less scene
12.0mm = Less scene

I hope this helps.
Best,
Milton

Attachments

• lens sticking out.jpg
    lens sticking out.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 481
Do you already have a good picture (or more) for us to show the quality without editing with photoshop?
So just a RAW from camera?

Nick-Almelo said:
Do you already have a good picture (or more) for us to show the quality without editing with photoshop?
So just a RAW from camera?

Today i am going to stop by my local camera dealer i need solution to clean my lense, i will also take the Phantom + to the Park to take some picutres and footage, i will be posting tomorrow.

Thanks for checking on me...

Best,
Milton

Okay, very good.
Is there a reason you putted a 720p movie on YouTube instead of 1080p ?
I had the normal vision but really didn't like the image quality at al.
So I am thinking of a new one like the plus version, but then with this lense.
Otherwise a phantom 2 or DJI f550 with an 3 axis gimbal also with fpv etc including a gopro.
But I don't have a gopro so the phantom plus will be cheaper for me.
What do you thing of it?
Because I think that things like battery level, gps, speed, distance, height etc isn't readable on an normal average fpv system.
And on the vision versions you can read all of this on your phone.

Milton (or anyone else), do you happen to know what is the weak part of the V+ camera system that is limiting the quality of the images ?
Suppose what I am saying is that is there the possibility of getting an even better quality lens or would the quality of the sensor mean that it would be a waste of money ?

pault said:
Milton (or anyone else), do you happen to know what is the weak part of the V+ camera system that is limiting the quality of the images ?
Suppose what I am saying is that is there the possibility of getting an even better quality lens or would the quality of the sensor mean that it would be a waste of money ?

Hello Paul, I talked to DJI representatives at NAB Show Las Vegas this year they were Showing the new PV+ and I did ask the same question and their respond was that the camera did not change still the same camera from the previous Vision however DJI move things around so the camera circuit boards do not look the same.

FYI: I also do photography as a hobby I have my DSLR and lenses that varies from 16mm up to 400mm lens, I have bought cheap lenses that give bad image in low light and other cheap lenses that gives vignetting on the picture, do not have those lenses anymore.

Been said that, the better quality of the lens the better the picture but it goes hand to hand with the sensor also, good sensor plays a big factor here to.

I hope this helps.

Hello everyone, Yesterday trying to do the video of how to take the gimbal off the V2+ I notice that if I continue taking my gimbal off many times for the purpose of testing everyone else's camera I will be damaging my own camera and gimbal.

Been said that, I think I will be risking my own equipment it will not be cost effective vrs the return on the investment so I decided not to offered the Lens upgrade anymore.

Please see picture bellow for reference and thank you for your understanding.

Attachments

• 4-24-2014 8-37-57 AM.jpg
    4-24-2014 8-37-57 AM.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 391
Yes, that should work! you need the holder also.

I am preperring some Q & A that i will be posting soon.

Q & A

Do I need to upgrade my Camera lens?

• The Lens upgrade is not for everyone, this is recommended for professional use that required not to have distortion “Fisheye” on their video or pictures production, example are real state, Research and development that needs normal view, and for those few Pilots that preferred to have a normal view when FPV.

• For FPV users that are happy with the fisheye lens you do not need this upgraded.

What is included in the upgrade?

• 5.4mm lens
• Lens Holder
• Labor

Why so much for a lens upgrade?

• Here it is the Cost breakdown:
o Lens and lens holder $200
o Labor $150
o EBay fees $43
o PayPal fees $12
o In the USA Shipping fees With insurance $40

Total: $445

What is required from me as a buyer?
• I need to have the quadcopter and the range extender.

What should i shipped to you?

• The quadcopter the range extender only.
• No batteries
• No propellers
• No Transmitter

If I have my own 5.4mm lens can I use it?

• Yes! You will save money. Please see my other items for just service only.

Can I change lenses if I want too?

• Yes! But I do not recommended, there is no room to get the lens out.

Why use the 5.4mm and not an 8mm or 6mm they are cheaper?

5.4mm lens is the equivalent to what the human eyes can see.

Here is what i know, Focal length, usually represented in millimeters (mm), is the basic description of a photographic lens. It is not a measurement of the actual length of a lens, but a calculation of an optical distance from the point where light rays converge to form a sharp image of an object to the digital sensor in the camera and that is the reason why you will see my lens stick out of my V2+ Camera see picture bellow.

The focal length tells us the angle of view how much of the scene will be capture. The longer the focal length, the narrower the angle of view and the higher the magnification. The shorter the focal length, the wider the angle of view and the lower the magnification, the 5.4mm is consider to be the same focal length of the human’s eyes, in DSLR is the 50mm lens.

Let me play a scenario if I select a 12mm I am zooming in so the object is closer on the picture, now if I select a 2.9mm lens I am zooming out i can see more of the surrounding of the object.

2.9mm = more scene (Zoom out)
3.6mm = more scene (Zoom out)
4.0mm = more scene (Zoom out)
5.4mm = what the human eyes can see!
6.0mm = Less scene (Zoom In)
8.0mm = Less scene (Zoom In)
12.0mm = Less scene (Zoom In)

What kind of guarantee or warranty do you offer?

• Warranty, if i damage your camera or gimbal in the process of upgrading it i will pay for it or replace it for a new one.
• If shipping damage the camera and gimbal you should insured the item with USPS when you send it to me so USPS takes responsibilities.
• If no insurance was selected when shipped to me and I got the quadcopter damage before I start working on it I am not responsible and I will notified you ASAP and reported to USPS as package damage.
• I will insured the entire P2V+ thru USPS local Insurance for the entire P2V+ package maximum coverage will be $1400 when I shipped to you, this should pay for a new one.

When can I expect my P2V+ back?

One week after been receive I will shipped back to you with a tracking number using the same packaging box when receive.

Is now available on my ebay store!

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 514
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 489
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 488

Attachments