Lens replacement on Vision+

AllanVB said:
Milton Amaya said:
Custom Service for your DJI Phantom 2 Vision +
5.4mm Flat Lens Upgrade

Pre-order the lens and paid the service in advance! one week lead time for parts and one week lead time to delivered modified camera to you after receiving camera.
You are priced higher than Ragecams.com - and they bricked my camera with no guarantee. Post some pictures please.
Thanks

$141.65 for my service, plus cost of lens, holder, paypal fees, ebay fees and shipping.

If we eliminate ebay fees that will be a saving to you of $45.

I hope that helps.

Best,

srandall25 said:
Perhaps I missed it in this thread, but i wasn't able to find an answer to the earlier question about this mod actually downgrading a 14MP to 10MP lens... Does this lens eliminate the fish eye effect at the expense of reducing MP? Please excuse my lack of knowledge on the subject matter...

You are correct!, this lens is a 10MP, there for it will give a 10MP Picture, in the other hand the Phantom is consider a Toy! The DJI S1000 with a Canon DSLR will be a better choice...

I hope this helps

Best,

Milton Amaya said:
AllanVB said:
Milton Amaya said:
Custom Service for your DJI Phantom 2 Vision +
5.4mm Flat Lens Upgrade

Pre-order the lens and paid the service in advance! one week lead time for parts and one week lead time to delivered modified camera to you after receiving camera.
You are priced higher than Ragecams.com - and they bricked my camera with no guarantee. Post some pictures please.
Thanks

$141.65 for my service, plus cost of lens, holder, paypal fees, ebay fees and shipping.

If we eliminate ebay fees that will be a saving to you of $45.

I hope that helps.

Best,

This is a reasonable price - just (imo). The mod must take a couple of hours at least and run into two days as the epoxy needs to cure.

Are you offering a guarantee (focus/damaging camera) ?

(effective bit of marketing btw - get everyone interested then finally freak them out when the epoxy comes out ;))

Milton Amaya said:
srandall25 said:
Perhaps I missed it in this thread, but i wasn't able to find an answer to the earlier question about this mod actually downgrading a 14MP to 10MP lens... Does this lens eliminate the fish eye effect at the expense of reducing MP? Please excuse my lack of knowledge on the subject matter...

You are correct!, this lens is a 10MP, there for it will give a 10MP Picture, in the other hand the Phantom is consider a Toy! The DJI S1000 with a Canon DSLR will be a better choice...

I hope this helps

Best,
Lenses are pieces of glass. They don't have megapixels. Sensors have megapixels. The sensor is 14MP. Therefore the camera is 14MP no matter what lens is used.

That's what I was told by a film professional when I described this mod to him.

Bigbells said:
Milton Amaya said:
srandall25 said:

I hope this helps

Best,
Lenses are pieces of glass. They don't have megapixels. Sensors have megapixels. The sensor is 14MP. Therefore the camera is 14MP no matter what lens is used.

That's what I was told by a film professional when I described this mod to him.

You are correct again, but i also have a Sony A77 DSLR that has a crop sensor and my 35mm lenses will not give me the same aspect ratio of a 35mm, may a ask can i send you a full size picture to you by email so you can analyzed? Send me a personal email?

Best,
Milton

pault said:
Milton Amaya said:
This is a reasonable price - just (imo). The mod must take a couple of hours at least and run into two days as the epoxy needs to cure.

Are you offering a guarantee (focus/damaging camera) ?

(effective bit of marketing btw - get everyone interested then finally freak them out when the epoxy comes out ;))

YES,, i will post my Warranty on my ebay store, if i damage your camera or gimbal in the process i will pay for it or replace it for a new one, if shipping damage the camera and gimbal we should insured the item with USPS both ways so USPS takes responsibilities.

Best,
Milton

Good news! everyone, lens and holder price drop by $50 dollars, i am now dealing with the Manufactor direct so i save $50 per lens and i will past that saving to you.

New Prices is $400 + shipping.

in order to get this price i needed to purchase in large quantities, i will wait for pre-order before placing my first order with the manufactor.

I Hope this helps.

Best,
Milton

Have not got my vision + but should be here very shortly. Must say I like this concept but have some concerns.
1. Lens seems to be ill fitted to the housing as well as protruding? Any other options?
2. Cost: even at $400.00 + freight this is a large part of the total cost of the Drone and seems expensive, might be a cheaper option.
4. Like to wait and see what can be done with software, if not good maybe I will look again.
Just my 2 cents worth. :?:

Milton Amaya

Why use a 5.4mm and not a 8mm or a 6mm they are cheaper ?

Now i am very new to this so i don't even know what the difference of the mm means to me.

armasmike said:
wow $400 for just the lens OK let me re-think this.

Milton Amaya said:
armasmike said:
how much for just the lens ?

Where can i order just that.

Contact Gary Cox at [email protected]
Please mention my name tell him i referral you and that you want a qoute for just the lens, he will be happy to help you.

This is the website:
http://www.au-drones.com.au/54mm-dyi-p-2372.html

Holy macaroni!!!! :eek: :shock: :? it was $250 two weeks ago i bought one he bumped it up to $400, i am ordering my own stock i will be offering upgrades my service is only $142.62 to installed and i will be offering the Lens and Lens holder for $200, but we need to used eBay and PayPal so we need to pay those fees also.

i have the upgrade on my eBay store, but i do not have the lens yet or the holder, i can start a pre-order buy it now for just the lens and lens holder but the price will go up i need $200 to cover my expenses and we need to add EBay fees and PayPal fees and shipping.

I am so sorry for the bad new! You got, I apologies.

Mactab said:
Milton,
Gentle reminder regarding the DNG file. I have sent you a pm with my email address.
Thanks

Yes, i just had not a chance to get to it, when time permits i will be posting and sending you the files you request, please wait for me...

Best,
Milton

armasmike said:
Milton Amaya

Why use a 5.4mm and not a 8mm or a 6mm they are cheaper ?

Now i am very new to this so i don't even know what the difference of the mm means to me.

Good question, i will be offering all sizes eventualy, i am setting up a Buisness contract dealing directly with the manufacturer no Middleman, i need to have a good size of Pre-Orders so i can place a large order with the manufacture to get the distributor price.

i will be offering all the lenses this will happen with time, but at your request i can change or add more lens to your packege.

i hope this helps...

Best,
Milton

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31