Lens got stuck

Reaction score
Hey guys,
I tried to add special lens to drone, I have a Phantom 4, and I realized I cannot unscrew the camera cap that came with the drone. It is aluminium based and I think it got slightly deformed during my attempts to unscrew it (only used my hands, but still...).
Anyone have any idea how can I still take that off without damaging my camera or the cap?
Cheers!

Mihai

The lighter you grip it, the easier it is....

A commonly-asked problem here and loads of threads about it which can be found using the search facility (small magnifying glass) top right of page ....

Here's just one:- Professional - Lens Protector

The chances are that if you've just used your fingers so far, then no damage has been done to the filter threads. If you still can't shift it using gloves/a cable tie/ etc etc, then squirt a very small amount of WD40 or similar into the threads and try again. You probably won't have to though....

A commonly-asked problem here and loads of threads about it which can be found using the search facility (small magnifying glass) top right of page ....

Here's just one:- Professional - Lens Protector

The chances are that if you've just used your fingers so far, then no damage has been done to the filter threads. If you still can't shift it using gloves/a cable tie/ etc etc, then squirt a very small amount of WD40 or similar into the threads and try again. You probably won't have to though....

Hey Steve,
;) Actually I have tried that, seems am better with my fingers in other directions :p
Looks like I had a misspell in my search but thanks for your suggestion!
I will go visit the other answers too.
Best!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl