Lens Protector

Reaction score
No experience with filters yet, how do they mount to cam & is there a basic UV/lens protector to start with? something I can leave on?
Thanks

The P3P already has a UV filter on the camera. You can unscrew it to attach other types of filters.

Some fit over the camera lens, some you have to unscrew the stock UV filter and screw on the other filter. First time removing stock filter will be tough as they either put it on real tight or have an adhesive.

Thanks msinger... Spoke too soon, reading your stuff now.

& DanMan32

Some fit over the camera lens, some you have to unscrew the stock UV filter and screw on the other filter. First time removing stock filter will be tough as they either put it on real tight or have an adhesive.
It can sometimes be difficult to get the factory-fitted filter off for the first time.

It's been discussed here many times. There's no adhesive and the secret is a gentle touch - gripping too hard will deform and lock the threads, making it impossible to turn. Various successful methods have been reported here, sometimes just fingers, sometimes wearing rubber surgical gloves, wrapping an elastic band/tape/cable tie around the filter or using the prop-wrench that comes in the box. Using any other tools such as mole-grips or pliers (heaven forbid!) are a definite no-no.

But gently is the secret, ideally with only light pressure spread evenly round the circumference of the filter.

Good advice Steve7777 Got it, mine wasn't too bad. I used one of those circular rubber jar top grippers..
Thank you all.....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.