led sequence 4 green rapid flashing red

Reaction score
Has anyone had the sequence 4 green flashes then rapid red flashing? This is after I do the compass dance. Does anyone know what this led sequence means? I let it sit for a couple minutes and still same sequence would persist.

Thanks for any help!

Diesel31 said:
It means you have less than 7 satellites acquired.

WRONG the four slow greens are telling you that you have enough satellites and the rapid reds are telling you that you are in a restricted zone, read the manual if you don't believe me.

Whats weird is I have flown it in this same location numerous times and it has never done this before. Yes I am less than a mile away from Palm Beach International Airport

Madwak said:
Diesel31 said:

WRONG the four slow greens are telling you that you have enough satellites and the rapid reds are telling you that you are in a restricted zone, read the manual if you don't believe me.

I'm not going to get into a pissing match with you. It has been in my experience that when I get the color display as described by the OP, it is due to my Phantom acquiring less than 7 satellites. Once 7 is hit, the red flashing light goes away. If it drops below 7, the red flashing light returns. I know the actual number of satellites because I can see it through my IOSD as well as my iPad when the Ground Station is enabled.

Ejazzle said:
Whats weird is I have flown it in this same location numerous times and it has never done this before. Yes I am less than a mile away from Palm Beach International Airport

Perhaps entertain my suggestion?

Ejazzle said:
Did you recently upgrade to the latest version of Assist by chance? If so there's your answer...

U.M.

Diesel31 said:
Madwak said:
Diesel31 said:

I'm not going to get into a pissing match with you. It has been in my experience that when I get the color display as described by the OP, it is due to my Phantom acquiring less than 7 satellites. Once 7 is hit, the red flashing light goes away. If it drops below 7, the red flashing light returns. I know the actual number of satellites because I can see it through my IOSD as well as my iPad when the Ground Station is enabled.

Did you miss the bit where he said RAPID flashing red? Not slow flashing red (lack of satellites) Then his next post says he is within ONE mile of an INTERNATIONAL airport and you still think he's not got enough satellites, I give up :roll:

Ejazzle said:
Has anyone had the sequence 4 green flashes then rapid red flashing? This is after I do the compass dance. Does anyone know what this led sequence means? I let it sit for a couple minutes and still same sequence would persist.

Thanks for any help!

It's probably very difficult for anyone to interpret "4 green then rapid red"...how many red flashes? What is the sequence of the four green? What's the timing between each set? If the OP could post a short video of the flashing sequence, this could be answered instantly.

I'm inclined to agree with those saying this is the flight restriction sequence. Especially if it just started happening recently (by recently, did it just start once you updated to version 3.0 or 3.02 firmware)?

Ejazzle wrote:

Thanks for any help!

It's probably very difficult for anyone to interpret "4 green then rapid red"...how many red flashes? What is the sequence of the four green? What's the timing between each set? If the OP could post a short video of the flashing sequence, this could be answered instantly.

I'm inclined to agree with those saying this is the flight restriction sequence. Especially if it just started happening recently (by recently, did it just start once you updated to version 3.0 or 3.02 firmware)?

I'm having the same issue. I wanted to make this distinction. I can definitely tell it's not the lack of satellite red flash. It's a very rapid red flash in between the green slow flashes. I've owned my about a week and no matter where I take it I always get them.

well i can add that it is not a satellite issue for me and not being close to an airport. mine started doing the same thing a couple of weeks ago and i took it to my flying field which is about 35miles from an airport, because it was suggested that i was close to an airport. if you look at my other post i posted a video of the sequence. been in touch with the dealer and they have been in touch supposedly with dji. no resolution yet. i have been flying the phantoms here since they came out. i have 2 P2 non visions and only one is doing it. both on same firmware which is strange.

I'm getting this too. Got my phantom 2 yesterday. Started it up, did the compas calibration, then waited for it to acquire satellites. I got the 4 solid green and very fast flashing red. I do live within 5 miles of an air base so I'm wondering if that is it?

peasap said:
I'm getting this too. Got my phantom 2 yesterday. Started it up, did the compas calibration, then waited for it to acquire satellites. I got the 4 solid green and very fast flashing red. I do live within 5 miles of an air base so I'm wondering if that is it?

Yep, that's the reason :D

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl