Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Latest Software (low voltage switch)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by allenj, May 8, 2013.

1. allenj

I upgraded to the new software and firmware and noticed that in the Latest NAZA Assistant software that the Voltage protection switch was set to "off" by default (did not inadvertently switch it to off by mistake, it was that way after the update). I only noticed that after flying the Phantom and wondering why the flashing red low battery warning did not come on.
    You should check that on your unit before it goes down or crashes from a low battery without warning!! Just FYI

2. denodan

Strange mine was fine.

3. mercillus

All my settings stayed after the up. Wrote them down first and checked afterwards.

4. allenj

Ok good to hear that other's settings did not change. It might have been set that way because I Reset To Default before I did the software/firmware update. It may be worth checking though just to make sure.

5. mpjubb

I noticed the same problem.

I turned the protection switch to on but now I am only getting 3-4 minutes of flight time compared to about 10 minutes before the upgrade.

Can you let me know what the first and second level protection settings should be please?

Thanks

6. tanasit

The proper setting depends on many factors such as weight, prop size, battery size, altitude that you fly, ambient temperature, etc. So the best way is to test it out. How? Use the gadget below:

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/stor ... ecker.html

Use the default setting as the starting point, fly until it lands with FS, check the pack and the remaining capacity should be 20% or more, otherwise adjust the settings accordingly.
    The battery pack will last much longer if it is used up less than 80% of its capacity.

Also read this thread: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=941

7. mpjubb

Hi Tanasit,

Fantastic link. Thanks