P3 Firmware Latest firmware for Canada: maximum height enforced?

Been there on TC for long time
For US you cant fly more than 400ft I think but dji doesnt implement the restriction
500m / 1640ft is the max

Yes I know the restriction has been on paper for a long time - I just wanted to make sure that the Phantom doesn't have it in the software. Although I'm sure it's just a matter of time before Transport Canada makes it law that future firmwares restrict the devices in software.

There is no such hard restriction enforced in Canada. I am in Halifax Nova Scotia.

You can and cannot depending on your flight path location and whether it's for commerical/business or fun flying.

Here's what you need to know for Transport Canada :

Flying a drone recreationally - Transport Canada

Here is an interactive airspace viewer so you can check which area you would like to fly in and whether or not it's legal :

Canadian Airspace Viewer

Here is a .pdf for canadian airspace regulations to familiarize yourself with terminology so you can use the viewer accurately :

https://www.navcanada.ca/EN/products-and-services/Documents/DAH_Current_EN.pdf

If you're not sure how to use the airspace viewer, a basic example:

uncheck Class E and F
Select 'at or below' + 700'

Zoom into the area you would like to fly. You can see whether or not it's "legal".

Example attached image

Attachments

• vanairspaceef_700.JPG
    vanairspaceef_700.JPG
    108.8 KB · Views: 659
Reactions: DarkSky
That's the info yes but he asked if it is hard enforced in the bird and the answer is no. Sorry I should have given the info you should follow as well.

Reactions: DarkSky
Awesome replies and links. TY!

Wow, our regional airport isn't even listed on that map - good stuff! I'm in southern Ontario (Canada) in the Niagara region. So it looks like open skies for me here, and up on Georgian Bay at the cottage!

And yes, all my flying will be fun/hobby flying.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl