Larger Micro -SD cards?!

Reaction score
Im waiting on my new Phantom 2 Vision+ to get here and I was wondering, Can I put a larger Micro-SD card in the Phantom? it comes with a 4gb, but could I put one thats 32gb? Thanks for the help.

andresjohn said:
Im waiting on my new Phantom 2 Vision+ to get here and I was wondering, Can I put a larger Micro-SD card in the Phantom? it comes with a 4gb, but could I put one thats 32gb? Thanks for the help.
yes... but use a good one

andresjohn said:

yeah 32 GB cards are fine, just make sure you get fastest possible ..... like - SanDisk 32GB microSDHC Memory Card Ultra Class 10 UHS-I

I'm using 32's with no problem. A couple different brands.
I've heard of the speed issue a bunch but haven't experienced anything with the ones I've got. I think they're all Sandisk but not sure of the speed.

This is what I found on the GoPro site for a 32gb card. Seems like more than enough to last you through 9 battery swaps in a Vision. Of course, this is for a GoPro camera, but it should be approximately the same for any matching resolutions in the Visions. Perhaps someone who's monitored exact times can throw out numbers they have encountered.

•1080p (30 fps): 4h 21m
•960p (30 fps): 5h 26m
•720p (60 fps): 4h 21
•720p (30 fps): 8h 09m
•WVGA (60 fps): 8h 09m

Certainly enough storage for most situations. Remote location recording without a way to offload video might be an issue, but I figure if you are going filming in the Amazon River Basin and won't be near civilization for a few days, a wise flyer would make sure to have the appropriate supply of cards and adequate charging solutions for said adventure. Backups for lost or corrupted cards are always handy. The **** things are tiny. Would hate to drop one in between the car seat and center console. :)

I look at this issue a little differently. You can only fly for 15 to 20 minutes at a time because of the flight battery life, so 4GB is way more than you need. As an extreme, I would rather have 8 cards of 4GB each and just change them after each flight rather than have one 32GB card. At least if I crash or a card is corrupted, I only lose one flight, not my entire trip! Smaller cards are cheaper too.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl