Landing pad ideas

MCT

Reaction score
I am building a landing pad for my P3P. I have been using wood left from other projects. I would like any input from your experience if you use a pad. Here are a few pictures so far. It is 38" x 30", on the top the holes are 1/2". The holes on the sides and ends are 1 1/8". I am going to paint inside and out white. I have ordered white led strips to install inside. I will install the bottom to it after painting and led installation. The LEDs will be mounted inside and should glow white light from all the air holes. If you have any ideas to add let me know. After getting the design that works I will rebuild it using better wood. I will post pics as it comes together. Thanks for your thoughts.
AF1QipM29p3Fu60MaQLVqop_n1PwaLHBPfxlvJSjXYRt3CQkM8wLLJOnUUNtya62SYqjTQ

AF1QipPUzqvEuyopcAC-lKUn8lFKFQZFKC-bzttxcO61SlpMqk124RiupV5yJxxGkcQ9RQ

AF1QipNu8sHzfh6guGK-qyAWoQvNa6w3NixH9KNpMB_VAE4xxJ5KXyPmnUttnSBma7hcfg

Sent from my XT1097 using PhantomPilots mobile app

38 x 30.......Man thats huge. I made one from 6mm Sintra.......13 x 13 inches.....its perfect. Its not a landing pad, its a take off pad

I just took a peice of 1/8" plywood from the nesting box (partition) in my chook house, works great and fits between the foam insert and lid of the hard case for transport. Perfect for launching from sand. Even makes a great screed for getting a level surface to place it down on.

Good start for a helmholtz resonator (beautiful workmanship). The phantom only cares about flat, level and stable. I care about portable. Horses for courses.

I just took a peice of 1/8" plywood from the nesting box (partition) in my chook house, works great and fits between the foam insert and lid of the hard case for transport. Perfect for launching from sand. Even makes a great screed for getting a level surface to place it down on.
Chickens and a quad, good combination. Same here.

Tennessee slang for chickens.

Cool- never thought about where the word chook originated... I know Tony Joe White called em "chickens" in Rosavelt and Ira Lee.

I'm guessing you have a large format CNC router. Your pad reminds me of acoustic panels I design and manufacture for recording studios. If you drilled those holes by hand you did exceptionally well.

Cool- never thought about where the word chook originated... I know Tony Joe White called em "chickens" in Rosavelt and Ira Lee.

I'm guessing you have a large format CNC router. Your pad reminds me of acoustic panels I design and manufacture for recording studios. If you drilled those holes by hand you did exceptionally well.
No CNC router. 1/2" forsner bit and DeWalt cordless drill. Used a drill press on the 1 1/8" holes. I enjoy your sense of humor.

Buy this from aliexpress.com

Got mine for £1.90 a few weeks ago. It sticks on and just gives it that better look
1482981389490.png
1482981395927.png

Neon Euc

No CNC router. 1/2" forsner bit and DeWalt cordless drill. Used a drill press on the 1 1/8" holes. I enjoy your sense of humor.

Very impressive job, I know what it takes to drill them by hand. I've done it for weeks straight. Now I have a beer while the machine does it. 30 times faster and 400 times neater.

This thread is cool. I like seeing everyone's ideas! I have a large rear deck (800 sq ft) but for some reason I feel the need to launch from my rear yard and was thinking about making something to launch from. Maybe it's because I'm still new to droning and I'm just being over causious by launching away from the house?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akinproplumbing